Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

sheppard afb folks

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wichita Falls is a very clean, modern city of 100,000+ people. We have three colleges, an excellent library, about a dozen golf courses within a short drive, an active group of fast car nuts, lots of car shows and cruises, one of the best automotive machine shop / engine building shops in Texas complete with both engine and chassis dynos, several area lakes for fishing or skiing, three movie plexes, a large shopping mall,two drag strips in the area, nitrous is available in three places, a dirt track and a paved track for the roundy round fans, several clubs for dancing and drinking, cheaper gas than any of the major cities, three airports, plenty of nice parks, and if you want anything else we are only two hours from Dallas/Fort Worth and Oklahoma City. Besides all that we have some the friendliest people you will ever meet. So what else do you want? It seems that all you are interested in is getting drunk. We are not big on drunks here so I guess we are glad you don't like our city and will leave soon and stay away when you are gone.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know there was that much to WF... When I was there for tech school I didn't care to spend much time off base so I just hung out on base till I could get out of there for good. Doesn't sound too bad really. It's unfortunate, some people ONLY want to get drunk and somehow that's the only way they know how to have fun. It's trendy to be a heavy partier/drinker I suppose.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Gold does make some good points, I was their while it was winter so the tracks were closed and their really wasnt much going on in the city. I know their are some sick cars from that area but I was their almost two weeks and I saw a total of like two nice cars. Their really wasnt much going on in the city so yeah I was bored but I can see if you live their and knew of everything maybe it would be ok. I live in a similar town so I understand where gold is coming from.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Last time in WF, was about 10 yrs ago for tech school. Went back for 7lvl about 4yrs ago(briefly). Now, being in Altus, I drive to WF nearly every weekdn for decent restaurants and good shopping...I was suprised to see how much it has grown over the past decade.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you are in town on a Friday or Saturday night you need to stop by the Sonic on Kemp Boulevard and meet the group. We usually start showing up between 9 and 10. Just look for the F-bodys, Mustangs, GTOs, SRT-10s, Lightnings, Corvettes, pro-street trucks and whatever else might show up.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Go to sonic down town... Lots of really good guys there. Tell jon and David .. Nick sai hi.

DR
Old 04-20-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

When I was in WF it didn't seem much around base, but until you go out on the town there's quite bit of stuff there. But once I was able to leave outside of town I went home to Fort Worth every weekend. But I did see few f-bodies there.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gearjammer78
There are worse places than Altus, at least is close to 4 decent sized citys
Like what? It's two hours from OKC, an hour from Lawton (if you even call that decent sized), and 1 1/2 hours from Wichita Falls.

Altus sucks, I spent six months there retraining.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Teching In

3 1/2 from dallas, 2 hours from amarillo. The assignment is what you make of it, if you want to sit around on you butt and complain about being in altus then its going to suck.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gearjammer78
3 1/2 from dallas, 2 hours from amarillo. The assignment is what you make of it, if you want to sit around on you butt and complain about being in altus then its going to suck.
Thanks, I'm currently at my third assignment and been TDY to a crap load of bases. I'm not new to this Air Force "thing." Altus sucks.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Launching!

well i am leaving for sheppard in an hour or so, so hope to see some of you down there.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Please somebody tell me where this 1/8 mile Track is!! IM Stuck here at this base till October, and im already bored as all hell.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

The track in Wichita Falls is on 369 just north of the intersection with US287N. http://www.wichitaracewaypark.com/. There is also a track about 30 miles north of Wichita Falls on I44. http://www.hotrodshack.com/sooner1.htm. You'll find our local group of car crazies has moved to the Sonic on Southwest Parkway. You'll find us there on Friday and Saturday nights starting around 9:30. Bring a lawn chair if you have one.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99WS7
That place BLOWS...and Im in Abilene wich is like 2 hours from their. Its actually better....really. Me and a buddie were their two years ago for 7 level school and I couldnt belive how much that town blows. I had fun as a young amn but wow, even the base is boring now. No more PDA park and some other one we used to go to. We were drunk pretty much every night and went to every place you could drink or what ever when I was in 7 level but it still was shitty. Have fun...

Ah yes it wasn't that bad, thanks god we knew each other otherwise it would have sucked

like everyone else says pretty lame area not alot to do tracks ok from what i hear
Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gold Z
The track in Wichita Falls is on 369 just north of the intersection with US287N. http://www.wichitaracewaypark.com/. There is also a track about 30 miles north of Wichita Falls on I44. http://www.hotrodshack.com/sooner1.htm. You'll find our local group of car crazies has moved to the Sonic on Southwest Parkway. You'll find us there on Friday and Saturday nights starting around 9:30. Bring a lawn chair if you have one.
I glad i looked on here i was gonna try to come out and meet you guys this weekend.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Launching!

dude i saw you the other day coming up behind me although you turned off. i have seen a few ls1s a silver z28 a red t/a that i talked to for a bit at the bx, and alot of other t/as as well and of course the vettes that are everywhere. well if any one gets bored my phone number to my room is 2786 in bldg 1604 for a few more days then i am switching. leave me a message if i dont answer but i will be at sonic fri night. see you around
Old 06-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Dex
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jester177
dude i saw you the other day coming up behind me although you turned off. i have seen a few ls1s a silver z28 a red t/a that i talked to for a bit at the bx, and alot of other t/as as well and of course the vettes that are everywhere. well if any one gets bored my phone number to my room is 2786 in bldg 1604 for a few more days then i am switching. leave me a message if i dont answer but i will be at sonic fri night. see you around
Hey i saw your car yesterday at the mall. Theres no mistaking that hood. Hopefully i'll make it out there if its not raining. I also meet a new girl thanks to my car so who knows if i'll have time now. Its a balancing act between women and cars.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Launching!

hahaha yeah your car sticks out like a sore thumb out here too. i will be heading to the sonic tonight on s/w parkway around 9ish if its not raining. see you around
Old 06-30-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold Z
If you are in town on a Friday or Saturday night you need to stop by the Sonic on Kemp Boulevard and meet the group. We usually start showing up between 9 and 10. Just look for the F-bodys, Mustangs, GTOs, SRT-10s, Lightnings, Corvettes, pro-street trucks and whatever else might show up.
Would I be welcome in my POS 63 Nova? Or do I have to be LS1 powered......

Jack
Old 06-30-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll certainly be welcome. By far the majority of the cars in the group aren't LS1 powered. We should have a good turnout tonight.

Quick Reply: sheppard afb folks