Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anybody else getting jerked around with disability compesation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I am sorry to hear you guys are having such a tough time.
I was booted out of the Navy after 11 years on Subs, for an adult case of Asthma. Tried to go to a surface shipt that was no go.
The Navy gave 10% for that. I was happy figured I could still walk and everything.
When I went to VA they found a3 compressed disk in my back, probably from walking the steel decks. They asked if my back hurt I said nope feels fine, Never even knew it happened. They said well when you I get old it will hurt.
I got 30% for the Asthma, and 10% for the Back and they said my Knee was screwed 10% for that. Only the Ashtma was in my record, it just needs to be found on your exit physical.
I will say the Asthma sucks. I was fine until about 05 Now I take 2 inhalers in the morning, two at night and pill at night. If I miss one man I can tell.
I would rather do back to back partols on Trident then have the Asthma
Old 09-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think everyone is getting the shaft for their disability ratings. Didn't you guys just have a Gen get relieved for the crappy disability care?
Old 09-28-2007, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typical military trying to jerk people around when it comes to benefits. I fell and injured my right shoulder back in 2000, after having it slip out for 4 years(well and tons of documentation, I went in EVERYTIME) I finally had an MRI.....said nothing wrong...months went by I elected to have surgery. Once I was opened up they found that the "labrem?" was torn 3/4s around. Now before I had surgery I would bet money that I had been to the hospital for my shoulder at least 3 times a year after the original injury. So multiple times to rehab, hell I had to go get x-rayd for it last month(and I'm deployed!).

I finally saw a Chiropractor this year, I wasnt on the table 2 mins and he noted that my back was fucked up because my shoulder was fucked up and it was causing everything else to shift to compensate for my shoulder that no longer sits right. Those 30 mins were great, my back sounded like pack of firecrackers going off.

Bottom line, document everything, all the time. Who the hell cares what your co-workers say "mission 1st" wont mean **** to you when you cant get up off the couch in 20 years. I'm already pissed that I would be able to play catch with my kids, I cant even throw a football anymore.

Bottom line, I document everything. Excessive headache, I go in, this year my vision started to get worse(I'm 27 always had 20/20) I go in, and what do you know, I need glasses now(probably from staring at a computer for 12hours a day).

Quick Reply: Anybody else getting jerked around with disability compesation?