Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Line of Duty Determination

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The air force if gay, that kind of **** would never happen in the army. Tricare is insurance, these commanders should have no authority to take away a servicemembers medical benifits.

How about some of the dipshit officers that make stupid command decisions in theater and get soldiers hurt/killed be forced to pay for the injuries/funerals of the soldiers that they forced to do some retarded ****? Sounds fair.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

when i worked on the navy base for a few weeks, i noticed the major difference between the af and other branches is that we (USAF) focus on the smallest details of every reg, and burning anyone who doesnt adhere. it seemed like the navy guys on the flightline were more worried about just getting the mission done with minimal-to-no casualties.

ive heard that once we're deployed, however, those small petty things disappear, and mission accomplishment becomes priority. just...in a peacetime enviornment, we're all about focusing on the regs.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
just...in a peacetime enviornment, we're all about focusing on the regs.
See that's when it turns gay...i hope i get to deploy before I get out. I want to see what it's all about.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:35 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroguy_02
man...

this really blows lol.

apparently my LTs talked to the commander yesterday and he lifted the whole-suit order, but still wants me to get a jacket before i ride. i can understand the jacket, which i still plan on getting, but dont restrict me from riding when im witihin regs - ESPECIALLY when i see every single rider on-base with NO jacket (just BDU blouse).

just fyi - the commander didnt come out with a policy - he just straight up told me i needed a jacket. i just dont get why he can restrict me from riding til i get a jacket, when i see every rider on-base doesnt have one. isnt that discrimination?

my shop chief is still workin the issue, an will be gettin back to me today about it.. just wanted to kinda vent a lil bit. too frustrating to hear someone tell me - a grown man - wut i cant do.

It's real simple. You are a gov't asset. You don't belong to you you belong to the AF. Follow the rules or get out. As long as you are in you got to do what's in the best interest of the AF not what's in the best interest of you. That's the blunt truth and as corny or cliche as it may sound it is what it is. Don't have a problem cashing the check but you have a problem following the rules? Get a grip kid and do yourself a favor and wear all the safety equipment and get the proper license.

If I was the CDR I wouldn't hesitate to burn you because you burned yourself. You just made my job that much easier.

And that's the other problem right there. Don't be concerned w/ what other people are doing just be concerned about yourself. Believe me they'll get theirs too even though you might not be aware of it.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SRZ
And that's the other problem right there. Don't be concerned w/ what other people are doing just be concerned about yourself. Believe me they'll get theirs too even though you might not be aware of it.
Couldnt have said it better than that.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SRZ
It's real simple. You are a gov't asset. You don't belong to you you belong to the AF. Follow the rules or get out. As long as you are in you got to do what's in the best interest of the AF not what's in the best interest of you. That's the blunt truth and as corny or cliche as it may sound it is what it is. Don't have a problem cashing the check but you have a problem following the rules? Get a grip kid and do yourself a favor and wear all the safety equipment and get the proper license.

If I was the CDR I wouldn't hesitate to burn you because you burned yourself. You just made my job that much easier.

i never said i wuld ride without the proper safety gear. i said how can the CDR just straight up tell me, and only me, that i cant ride until i get a riding jacket, when the local OI states that the minimum required is a long-sleeve shirt? i dont have a problem wearing the gear or getting the proper authentication to ride, my point was that all 5 years in my career, i've been told to follow regs. make sure ur within regs. do the regs say this? wuts the reg state about that? so when im within regs when it comes to this, why am i not allowed to ride? i thought if the CDR was to impose more strict rules over the OI, they had to put it in writing, and it had to apply to everybody?

as previously stated - i dont have a problem following the rules. but dont tell me what i can/cant do if u dont have the authority to do that. read my original post - can the commander actually just straight up tell me i cant ride when im within regs without applying the same rule to every rider in his COC?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Unwritten policy

All policy does not have to be in writting. You will find that those come in more handy when there is a cya or legal issue. However if a CDR or SNCO gives a verbal, direct order....then regardless if it's in writing then you know you have to follow it. You will lose the war on words when it comes from a higher ranking officer unless they are telling you to do something totally illegal or immoral and i doubt that will happen.

If you dig into most base traffic oi's it will spell out guideline for seatbelts, safety equipment...etc..etc and that is where a loss of benefits will come into play if you violate them. The line of duty determination comes into play anytime you neglected to perform any action that could have prevented you from being seriously injured or in a worst case scenario killed.

To be on the safe side, what's the jacket gonna cost you a few hundred??? Weigh that against a layer of your epidermis.....medical coverage......your career....and possibly your life......i'd miss a few weekend bar nights to get what i needed. Just a thought......in any event be safe and good luck. Bikes are unpredictable and so are the people around us!

Quick Reply: Line of Duty Determination