Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Got pulled over on base...yea my luck just changed.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mullet
Excellent info Stout. Thank you for the straight scoop. Makes a lot of sense.

Allbuagh, if your ducks are not in a row, you just might be screwed. And the fact this is your second offense in 1 month, you might want to look for a bicycle because you just might need it.

Hey, I was young once, but looking back, I am surprised I turned out the way I did.
I was thinking the same thing about the bike...wow. This looks like things could really suck for me very soon. The last violation was in June I believe, or July. Well, I don't know what to say about this. I got a buddy of mine who says i didn't cut him off, and that he heard my turn signal click. Sure my *** end slipped. But I really think I should be able to get out of the other two. Either way, I am f-ed it looks. At least I had a good attitude toward the cops.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

1 Stout Z

Well thx for the info. Too bad I couldn't of worked something out with the cop that night, but it just wasn't gonna happen. I even admitted to the *** end comin around but i told him straight up that the other two violations were not true and did not happen...I explained this to both cops and like i said he told me, "i'll believe my troop over you any day, cuz i've worked with him for years" I better say a long prayer tonight...

Oh BTW...i don't see how that was considered exhibition of acceleration. I wasn't racing anyone and I didn't even break the 25 mph speed limit.

Would you recommend me going up to the commander of the security forces after talkin with my shirt, or is that jumpin the chain?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from an army MP side of the house

exhibition of speed or acceleration:

Breaking traction falls under this category u dont have to break the speed limit to get a ticket for that.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by g-ryde1
from an army MP side of the house

exhibition of speed or acceleration:

Breaking traction falls under this category u dont have to break the speed limit to get a ticket for that.
well what do you guys think? could i instead blame this on the bald tires and fresh dew on the pavement? I'm just looking for an out here...or a less severe punishment
Old 09-09-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
well what do you guys think? could i instead blame this on the bald tires and fresh dew on the pavement? I'm just looking for an out here...or a less severe punishment
u can, BUT rollin on bald tires is a safety hazard and the military will frown down on you about that so its really a lose/lose situation.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by g-ryde1
u can, BUT rollin on bald tires is a safety hazard and the military will frown down on you about that so its really a lose/lose situation.
I totally understand that part of it, but isn't it better than exhibition of acceleration and a very good and believable excuse for breaking traction. I think of it as a win this way, don't you?
Old 09-09-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by acertx
Why dont you go down to JAG or whatever the AF equivelant is and see what a lawyer has to say about it?
I'll look into thx!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
1 Stout Z

Well thx for the info. Too bad I couldn't of worked something out with the cop that night, but it just wasn't gonna happen. I even admitted to the *** end comin around but i told him straight up that the other two violations were not true and did not happen...I explained this to both cops and like i said he told me, "i'll believe my troop over you any day, cuz i've worked with him for years" I better say a long prayer tonight...

Oh BTW...i don't see how that was considered exhibition of acceleration. I wasn't racing anyone and I didn't even break the 25 mph speed limit.

Would you recommend me going up to the commander of the security forces after talkin with my shirt, or is that jumpin the chain?
The ticket giving is officers discretion(sp?), if he wanted to let you off on any of that he could have and would have been well within his rights to do so. Sounds like you got the "by the book" officer.
Look at the definition of the exhibition of speed I gave you, there is nothing that says you have to break the speed limit. If you did, he could have tacked on speeding as well as the exhibition.
I would definatly let your shirt know, either your shirt or commander already have a copy of the ticket right now, better to hear your side. If you are good with your shirt, let him see if he can work out some kind of drug deal for your side. I would not try to go to the commander of the security forces in person if that is what you are suggesting, you will get no sympathy on that side of the block. Your best bet is to write a statement of what happened, get a witnesses statement and it is really, really good if you can get an officer(preferably an 0-6) to give you a recommendation on your character(MSG commander is the best, SF commanders boss). Then take your superviser or shirt to reports and annalysis to present your rebutal or statements. They will get your paperwork, get a statement from the issuing officer, and the ticket and present it all to the SF commander and let him make the determination on whether it is warranted. Remember, you only have a certain time period to rebut this around 3-7 days I believe. Different bases have different policies. You could always try talking to the officer and explain your case and see if he will reduce it or drop it.

Worse case scenario you get your liscence pulled, you can request restricted driving privledges for onbase.

Last edited by 1 Stout Z; 09-09-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by acertx
Why dont you go down to JAG or whatever the AF equivelant is and see what a lawyer has to say about it?
We actually go through SJA(AF version of JAG) for the validity of the tickets as soon as they are brought in. SJA is like the prosecuting attorney, ADC is like your public defender.

Your best bet would be to go to your area defense counsil if you feel you were wronged. They might be able to find a loophole.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bene
You can talk to your shirt or commander about this crap, if you really think you have a case on your hand and not just justifying what you did. You have a witness and proof so I don't know. Worst thing can happen is you'll have to walk around base or someone will give you a ride around base. (You'll save gas?)
Well that's exactly what I did. I told my shirt how i had just left the dining out ceremony and I told him exactly what happened and how i got pulled over. I told him everything. He stopped me right there and said, "ok hold on, you (cut off) a cop." Me, "Yea." Shirt, "How many cops were there?" Me, "I'm not sure they just swarmed me, three for sure, maybe four." Shirt, "Ok, stop right there. I'm going to step this up to verbal counciling. Slow down, and be situationally aware when you are on base."

That was it, I have no idea what's going to happen, but apparently he's going to take care of it.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the shirt took care of it...i never got in trouble at all.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Teching In

wow thats awesome, hopefully you learned from this considering what could have happened. I would hope my shirt would back me up like that but I somehow doubt it =/

btw 69nova thats an awesome patch...and im sorry wonder what your base commander thinks of it
Old 09-24-2007, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Good to hear, you have an excellent shirt. I have never heard of a ticket like that getting dropped. You sir need to play the lottery. Just remember, not all SP's are like that. Most of us, like me, are out to make sure our families are safe from getting hit from a drunk driver, someone not paying attention and driving WAYY too fast and could possibly hit someone and worst case scenario hit a kid. You have 3 different types of SP's, those that come to work and just do their shift, those that come to work and have their pet pieves but are objective towards when they will pull you over, then those who are **** on everything and portray it in their on and off duty time.

Now go ask your shirt if their is anything YOU can do for him.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1 Stout Z

Now go ask your shirt if their is anything YOU can do for him.

Hell yeah... if your shirt hooked you up like that, then the next time he's looking for volunteers for something, jump on it. It's the least you can do... and he'll appreciate it.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pengu
btw 69nova thats an awesome patch...and im sorry wonder what your base commander thinks of it
I'm guessing he would think I was being ignorant....but after being here for 8 years (average commander does 2) and seeing all I've seen and heard all the stories from others....well it sort of jives you know?

That and most commanders have nothing but good things to say, which IMO is part of them trying to keep a professional image. It would be out of place for a commander to say "Man this place is a **** hole and a half..."
Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grave
Hell yeah... if your shirt hooked you up like that, then the next time he's looking for volunteers for something, jump on it. It's the least you can do... and he'll appreciate it.
Funny thing is, I just had gotten back from a volunteer thing called the "enlisted dining out". They had like no airmen going to it, so I volunteered my friday night. It was ok but it was like 5 hrs long. And my shop is going to be on 12's for a couple weeks straight...so maybe after that I'll ask him about more volunteer stuff. That includes weekends..
Old 09-26-2007, 02:37 AM
Teching In

ARMY MP here as well also... what kind of ticket did you get? one where you paid money or where your chain of command deals with it?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pengu
Patches like that have been around for years. I would hope the base commander would see it and do something to improve the situation, but I doubt it.

SAC had the "hearts and minds" patches years ago (A ******* in the SAC glove). I wore it on my flight suit years ago and it now has a place in my flagbox. And we had the "SAC will be back" when it was took over by TAC.
Attached Thumbnails Got pulled over on base...yea my luck just changed.-harts.jpg   Got pulled over on base...yea my luck just changed.-sacback.jpg  
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PureSS HP 00
ARMY MP here as well also... what kind of ticket did you get? one where you paid money or where your chain of command deals with it?
The shirt deals with the tickets and the only time u really get in trouble is dui or not wearing a seatbelt. Unless you continue to get tickets for speeding and such.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 AM
Teching In

I am happy for you this worked out. Consider yourself very lucky this time.

Oh yea, I have to post this:

You might be running around with a big target on you, so SLOW YOUR *** DOWN! Follow up and let your shirt know you appreciate what he did by doing some good old community/AF service.

OK, old crusty mentoring session over.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over on base...yea my luck just changed.