Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Good job air force, lol.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007 | 06:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SRZ
Being a Services Dawg I can't let that one slide. We've got way more tighter controls on our food then the guys who mucked up and transported nukes that day.
A coworker of mine is a ex army food inspector and he see's jacked up **** everytime we go to the chow hall or eateries around base. Hes makes comments like this place should be shut down. Oh well.
Old 10-24-2007 | 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Base CC got relieved. MUNS CC got relieved and alot of lower enlisted got nailed to the wall as well. On another note, the only "legal" way for nukes to be transported across country is by ground. Might as well given their nukes to UPS, they would have tracked em better than the AF that day.
Old 10-24-2007 | 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

This circled around various offices/bases shortly after. Author unknown.
Attached Thumbnails Good job air force, lol.-minot.jpg  
Old 10-24-2007 | 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000KnightRider
Base CC got relieved. MUNS CC got relieved and alot of lower enlisted got nailed to the wall as well. On another note, the only "legal" way for nukes to be transported across country is by ground. Might as well given their nukes to UPS, they would have tracked em better than the AF that day.
Heard OPS got it to for not reporting it for 8 hours.
Old 10-24-2007 | 03:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2000KnightRider
Which MUNS CC, Minot or Barksdale? I used to be in the MUNS squadron at Barksdale a few years ago. Glad I'm not there now!!!
Old 10-24-2007 | 03:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Grave
Which MUNS CC, Minot or Barksdale? I used to be in the MUNS squadron at Barksdale a few years ago. Glad I'm not there now!!!
Minot MUNS CC
Old 10-25-2007 | 12:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
do you guys actually think we'd accidentally load a nuke on a plane, i dont think so, i think we've been moving them illegally and we just got caught by an outside agency and now we are making a big cover up story so no other country thinks we are moving them.

Just my .02
not possible...trust me on this

and it was a huge mistake on parts of a ton of people. That system is triple checked and then rechecked again. A lot of ppl just didn't do their jobs!
Old 10-25-2007 | 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Hmm I wonder if that is how they came up with the DCC program. You need someone to blame even though they had nothing to do with it.
I hear ya...just left the B1 crew chief world a few months ago for the fire fighter side. Crewed for almost 8 years and if its one thing I couldn't stand, its getting fawked for others all the damn time.
Old 10-25-2007 | 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

is this stuff realy being posted
Old 10-25-2007 | 10:45 PM
Teching In

The DCC program is a joke anymore.

At one time, when we had the proper manning in the B-52 world, a DCC actually kept up with the jet. The DCC would hava a lot of time invested in it and would do a lot of extra work during any downtime, and would always be there for preflights/launches. They did their own HPO inspections and stayed until it was finished. They would also work it whenever it was in for a Phase inspection and even would be able to go out with the crew to pick it up from Depot. The DCC took pride in his jet and it showed. More often than not you would find a DCC with a vaccum cleaner, rag, cleaner and paint trying to keep his jet up. You would see the DCCs keeping up on delayed maintenance, and pestering Production and Specs when a back ordered part came in and was sitting on the AWM/FOM shelf.

Today, a 7 level DCC is lucky to even check the forms of his jet because he/she is too busy doing all the 7 level work on flyers for the day. Phase? NOT! They now send a Gimp with it. A Depot return inspection? HA! I guess that happens when you don't have enough 7 levels to go around. What you see is a jet that looks like crap and has a AWM shelf loaded with parts, waiting for down days or training days or Phase when they would actually have the time to get this stuff cleared. Hell, they barely have enough folks to keep up with the daily flying maintenance, let alone this extra work.

But who is the first person Production screams at when the forms are AFU? Who is the person investigated when the aircraft is impounded? Yes, who takes it in the poop shoot if something is wrong? Yep, the "assigned" DCC. And yes, this should happen IF the DCC had the time to actually work his own jet instead of working all the flyers.

Rant over.
Old 11-03-2007 | 01:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
This circled around various offices/bases shortly after. Author unknown.
LOL too funny!
Old 11-03-2007 | 03:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mullet
The DCC program is a joke anymore.

At one time, when we had the proper manning in the B-52 world, a DCC actually kept up with the jet. The DCC would hava a lot of time invested in it and would do a lot of extra work during any downtime, and would always be there for preflights/launches. They did their own HPO inspections and stayed until it was finished. They would also work it whenever it was in for a Phase inspection and even would be able to go out with the crew to pick it up from Depot. The DCC took pride in his jet and it showed. More often than not you would find a DCC with a vaccum cleaner, rag, cleaner and paint trying to keep his jet up. You would see the DCCs keeping up on delayed maintenance, and pestering Production and Specs when a back ordered part came in and was sitting on the AWM/FOM shelf.

Today, a 7 level DCC is lucky to even check the forms of his jet because he/she is too busy doing all the 7 level work on flyers for the day. Phase? NOT! They now send a Gimp with it. A Depot return inspection? HA! I guess that happens when you don't have enough 7 levels to go around. What you see is a jet that looks like crap and has a AWM shelf loaded with parts, waiting for down days or training days or Phase when they would actually have the time to get this stuff cleared. Hell, they barely have enough folks to keep up with the daily flying maintenance, let alone this extra work.

But who is the first person Production screams at when the forms are AFU? Who is the person investigated when the aircraft is impounded? Yes, who takes it in the poop shoot if something is wrong? Yep, the "assigned" DCC. And yes, this should happen IF the DCC had the time to actually work his own jet instead of working all the flyers.

Rant over.

Yeah those days are gone. I think it is because people bitch about how much the DCC program gave guys time off if they worked it right. You know the MX team guys they had shifts. I said Oh f'n well they were POS guys anyway.
Yeah nowadays nobody gives a ****. Its just someone to blame thats it. THey have ******* pure bred idiots crewing that would not even be considered back in the day. I havent been in that long but long enough to have done what you described in the 1st para.
But yes nowadays you DCC's dont even see their jets. SOmeone else takes it on the road and if its a good place ****... a **** sucker is sure to gank the trip from you. The blame game is a big one and what I believe is the only reason to have this so called DCC program.
There are millions of things that **** me off about the DCC program but the DCC program may vary sq to sq. But I dont need to worry about it anymore because im in rediculous squadron that has no airplanes. Read about it 95RS RAF Mildenhall. I just came back from Qatar and there I was a expeditor and helping fix ****. Now I come off of my CTO days and first thing I do is mop and glo the ******* break room. Then help buff the floors that were already buffed from the previous shift.
Im just disgruntled! Maybe its because I have been in the same wing and command for 11 years while being assigned to 3 different bases. So I have been born and raised crewing RC-135's and this SQ treats me like a ******* dumbass and makes me mop floors and stupid programs. **** man I got orders to the Tanker unit and got sucked right back into the 55th wing.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:36 PM
Launching!

wow, i know where to come if im a terrorist!!! lol
Old 11-22-2007 | 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

that's a fooked up comment
Old 12-07-2007 | 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Nope perfectly legal. Problem was that they were shuttling these nuclear cruise missiles to get deactivated. So they thought the nuke's were not in it. The plane sat out on the flight line all night without any extra security. Just the normal SF forces.

Nukes are guarded 100% of the time. That was the major major major **** up. The nukes weren't armed, so say something tragic happen to the BUFF on the flight they WOULD NOT go off. So no danger in that. Just them getting jacked by a bunch of fanatics.
They should make a movie about would could of happened if the wrong person got their hands on these nukes....true lies part II
Old 12-08-2007 | 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

maybe they should do a movie about how the air force personel can't keep their mouths shut about **** on a public website....

Last edited by bryan04h; 12-08-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-09-2007 | 05:04 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

And your F-15 A-D's are awesome too!
Old 12-09-2007 | 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

they are pretty cool...personally i like the f-15e the best
Old 12-09-2007 | 05:24 PM
On The Tree

WOW!!! those AFN commercials realy aren't that stupid now that I see all this......

Acronyms=OPS SEC== failed in this case
Old 12-09-2007 | 05:32 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 98BlkBrd
WOW!!! those AFN commercials realy aren't that stupid now that I see all this......

Acronyms=OPS SEC== failed in this case
Yeah, I'm reading this all from Iraq as we speak. Squeakers was right, OPSEC fails.

+1 Cat.

Quick Reply: Good job air force, lol.