Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Guidon Creed/Cadence

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guidon Creed/Cadence

I'm the training NCO in my unit, and I forgot to bring the guidon in the other day (when the CDR's in, we display the guidon outside of our staff building), and my Platoon SGT wants me to come up with a cadence or a creed for the guidon. He said he doesn't care if I find one that's already been written, or take another creed and change it up a little to be about the guidon (ex: "this is my (weapon)guidon, there are many like it, but this one is mine") I've searched almost all of the search engines that I could think of and have come up with nothing, and I'm terrible at coming up with original stuff. If there's anybody that has done this before, know's of an existing one, or is able to come up with something, please let me know what you've got. It'll be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Launching!

Ok, this is what I've got so far. I'm still open for suggestions if somebody has something better.

This is my guidon. There are many like it but this one is mine. My guidon is my best friend. It is my life. I am responsible for it as I am responsible for my life. Without my unit, my guidon is useless. Without my guidon I am useless. I must wave my guidon true. I must carry my guidon prouder than any other guidon bearer. Before God I swear this creed: my guidon and myself are representatives of my unit, we are the masters of morale, we are the saviors of our soldiers. So be it, as there is no guidon greater than ours!

Haha, I know it's kinda funny/cheezy, but I think that's the point. I have a feeling my platoon sgt is going to have me recite it in front of formation, and expects me to be embarrassed by it.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

Nto shabby, sounds pretty good to me. Hell want to make me a chant. Im at the DOD fire academy and we always say some kind of chant before we dismiss. Some of our best are. CLASS 0809..."Find em HOT, leave em WET. Or Enforcing DOORS...Bangin ******! Stuff like that..we need some new material though.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99WS7
Some of our best are. CLASS 0809..."Find em HOT, leave em WET. Or Enforcing DOORS...Bangin ******! Stuff like that..we need some new material though.
Haha, that's funny stuff. I don't know if I could come up with anything to compare with that. That guidon creed I actually stole most of it from Full Metal Jacket, and just modified it to incorporate the guidon, lol.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

lol, yeah I hear ya. I could actually picture that dude from Full Metal Jacket saying that creed but what you wrote when I was reading it.

Quick Reply: Guidon Creed/Cadence