Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

98-02 Firehawk on Camp Pendleton?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah ive been to mainside more but i like SOIs because its not as busy.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gatman01
I did my engine swap at the 13 Area. The facilities are basicly the same on both but the mainside one has more supervision and more people use that one.

When I was there two months ago, I always saw one Black Firehawk on a daily basis driving along Vandergrift or Rattlesnake. I drove my WS6 one time and threw a rev and a wave, and got no reply.

I think the White/Blue Stripe T/A is just a WS6 but he is pushing 450 plus HP. He sometimes shows up to the SoCalMuscle gtg.

I met that MSgt your talking about. He already left. He should be bluethunder02 on here. When I pulled my engine out he was doing an oil change in his SUV. He left and brought back his T/A about an hour later. let me just say his car sounds bad ***.
I've done 2 clutch replacements and put in my cats, as well as several oil changes at the 13 area, and have only done 1 oil change and refilled the air in my tires at the shop in SOI. I will agree that there's abundant supervision at the 13 area shop, but the SOI shop is brand new, with brand new equipment and tools...and the people running the place will be quick to tell you that (not to mention are quite meticulous when searching over your workspace for any dirt/grease/oil/whatever when you're done).

I have to agree, whenever I see the guy in the black Firehawk he seems to ignore other people with F-bodies (like me).

I talked to that MSgt when he was doing an oil change in his Trans Am...header-back exhaust will pretty much make most F-bodies sound badass...but he's got the build-up to back up that sound.
Too bad he left already, I was hoping I could see his car in action...but after I get back myself.

I've seen Blackhawk_02 (the Black T/A with the HO hood) around driving past the air wing, but that was right before I left.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah that top used to drive by my barracks every day at the air station when b4 i got married. that thing was nasty. big stall, nice cam, big and littles. never seen the blue hawk seen a couple white ss's. never know where to go to hang out though. just go to qualcomm a few times thats it. heard u guys meet at hooters sometime though. love to go out cruising with u guys when i get back from iraq. 3 more months left.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Sweet! I am stuck in the Del Mar area. I have noticed a few nice cars in the area. I miss my car. My SS is at home while I finish up Field Med school here.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

while on this, do any of you know who the guy is near the airstation that has the white IROC with the big block hood? Last time I saw him (I work in San Mateo now) he had one of the front quarter panels all jacked up. He is the only other person with the big block hood that I have seen.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

^^^^^ any idea?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
So, hopefully you are on here. Someone that drives a black firehawk, 98-02 body style. saw you last week on camp pendleton, just wondering if you are on here? Nice ride.
my stepdad has a black 02 firehawk with the rear deck spoiler. hes stationed in miramar right now which is where i just left with my 02 silver firehawk. if the hawk you saw was procharged with mecham tips and had a master gunz sticker in the windshield it was probly him.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

I am a MGySgt stationed at Miramar and I usually drive to Camp Pendleton from my home in Oceanside for gas and booze. Was on base three times last weekend. If you heard a loud blower it was me. BTW, I do not act like a ricer LOL.

Topfig
Old 03-14-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by topfig1
I am a MGySgt stationed at Miramar and I usually drive to Camp Pendleton from my home in Oceanside for gas and booze. Was on base three times last weekend. If you heard a loud blower it was me. BTW, I do not act like a ricer LOL.

Topfig
Guess you'll actually have to ride along on the next cruise so we can find out.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Missed the last one due to hangover. 700 hp and half drunkeness do not mix. I made it to the Hooters at O" side only because I live two minutes away. Looking forward to the next cruise though.

Topfig

Quick Reply: 98-02 Firehawk on Camp Pendleton?