Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Question about reclassing Army.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about reclassing Army.....

Hey whats up all I had a few questions abouting reclassing MOS's. Im currently a 15H and 15B. I want to reclass into 11B but have been told because im in a high priority MOS and have a secondary identifier that it will be near impossible. Also i know when guys reclass into Aviation they lose their E5 and go back to E4-would it be the same if I went from Aviation to infintry? Ive talked to a couple of prior Infintry guys to hear the pros and cons of 11B but if you have any useful insight feel free. My retention NCO isnt the greatest hence the reason im asking you guys. Thanks in advance
Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Yes I would hope there is a restriction that would pull the SGT Stripes and bring you back to SPC if you go 11B. I am a firm believer in no "Shake in Bakes". Your lack of experience as a infantryman could have serious consequences for your team or squad.
Don't take it wrong, just being honest and upfront even though I don't know the answer.

Have you contemplated SF or D-Force . You won't lose a stripe and its MOS immaterial there and they are always on the hunt for more soldiers.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Restricted User

Your MOS has what's call in/out calls. If it's a YES/NO you can't reclass but others can reclass into it. I used to be a 62B and reclassed to be a medic in 2000. Best decision I made that year.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

^^ Good advise guys. If you have a "no" in our out call, you can't get out of your MOS. They're offering 40K for 18 series right now through the bear program.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will basically lose your stripes if you change your MOS series. You can change inside your series all you want but once you hope out you will lose them.

Why do you want to go infantry? Im also a medic and I work with them daily and its just a shitty job. If you are in aviation you WILL not like the daily grind that the 11B have to go through. Its that rough. Im stationed in an infantry battalion and last deployment I was actually an 11B that basically had medical knowledge. Its a damn rough job and not worth the pay at all especially if you are coming from avaition. Our PSG was a flight medic for 7 yrs before coming here and he cant understand all the crap that the 11 series have to do.

Also dont know if you know this but you can go to a different retention NCO if you feel like it.

Any questions about wanting to be a medic you can ask me if you feel like it.

Quick Reply: Question about reclassing Army.....