Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces
View Poll Results: Which dress uniform looks the best?
Air Force
6.18%
Navy
17.13%
Marines
66.85%
Army
8.71%
Coast Guard
1.12%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Which dress uniform looks the best? POLL

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ not starting a flame war here, we are all on the same side. But, when I went to Ft. bragg many yrs ago to train w/ the army I saw a group of green baret guys at the bowling alley and 1/2 of them were WAY overweight, and looked like a soup sandwich in uniform. BDU's all wrinkled up, boots looked like they were shined w/ a dog turd and they had more fat rolls than biggy smalls. I am NOT impressed by the green barets I saw, they must just be giving that **** away now, because WAYYYY back in the day they used to be badass, not anymore.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Teching In

In the AF here, I won't say the AF uniform looks bad (because it doesn't IMO) but hands down I think the Marines have the best uniform.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Marines dress blues come first and are untouchable. Marine ROTC comes 2nd...hahaha
Old 03-30-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 01MMMZ28
^ not starting a flame war here, we are all on the same side. But, when I went to Ft. bragg many yrs ago to train w/ the army I saw a group of green baret guys at the bowling alley and 1/2 of them were WAY overweight, and looked like a soup sandwich in uniform. BDU's all wrinkled up, boots looked like they were shined w/ a dog turd and they had more fat rolls than biggy smalls. I am NOT impressed by the green barets I saw, they must just be giving that **** away now, because WAYYYY back in the day they used to be badass, not anymore.
It depends on thier rank, usually the officers are like that and the very high enlisted because theyve usually been in a long time and the PT standards are loosened more and more as you get older, the less you see combat the less the hardcore PT is important. Sorry your impression sucked.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

^ none of them were officers nor high ranking enlisted. All were E-6 and below. And us "REGULAR" Marines were kickin their *** in land navigation, setting up fields of fire after digging in, and employment of weapons.......and I was just an EOD guy.,..LOL...LMAO....still not impressed.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

^ none of them were officers nor high ranking enlisted. All were E-6 and below. And us "REGULAR" Marines were kickin their *** in land navigation, setting up fields of fire after digging in, and employment of weapons.......and I was just an EOD guy.,..LOL...LMAO....still not impressed.
Well they just suck at life then. Seriously, theres POS soldiers in any unit hopefully those guys will weed themselves out. I got great at land nav so I dont know what they were smokin.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Which dress uniform out of all the branches looks the sharpest/best to you?

I am in the Air Force, and am all about the USAF, but I can honestly say, that I think almost all the other service dress uniforms look better than todays Air Force Blues. Granted I know there are new changes coming for them soon, but right now I think they look the worst.

Personally, its a toss up for me between the Marines dress uniform, and the Army's. Both look very sharp and impressive.

What do you think?

Here's some pics, for those that need a reference;

Current Air Force Dress uniform;

Here's two different Navy dress uniforms;

Marine dress uniform;

Army dress uniform;

Coast Guard dress uniform;
I'm in the AF too, but definitly gotta go with the Marines! Our blues just dont cut it, they look alright, but they should look better!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

just revisited this thread. I see the Marines are winning and well they should. Question is, do you wanna look good, or be good? Go Army
Old 04-05-2008, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigPapi61
Question is, do you wanna look good, or be good? Go Army

^ LOL, LMAO....That is the best joke I have heard in a long time.....thanks for the laugh.

Spray and pray the army way......(army shooting moto)
Old 04-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Teching In

^ LOL, LMAO....That is the best joke I have heard in a long time.....thanks for the laugh.

Spray and pray the army way......(army shooting moto)
I see you're a successful product of marine training... frontal lobotomy, replace empty space with raging ego, send to combat...
Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you that even ugly Marines get laid in the dress blues, lol! Chics love em! I always flew in mine!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KMK454
I see you're a successful product of marine training... frontal lobotomy, replace empty space with raging ego, send to combat...
LMAO.....ha ha ha....that is some of the funniest **** I have ever heard in reference to the USMC. Props on a good one.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Teching In

I think the AF blues need a white or (non shiny) silver stripe down the pants and a different hat, that might make em a little better.

Funny story though, I was voluntold to go have lunch with a command chief, it was about 30 of us, and he asked if we had any questions. An A1C stands up and says "sir, whenever i wear my blues people always think im a bus driver, are we ever gonna change them to be a little fancier, maybe a little more military-like". The command chief stands up, got completely serious and says "son, if people think your a bus driver then stop acting like a bus driver, you can dress a monkey up to look like a soilder and hes still gonna look like a monkey no matter what uniform he wears, if you act like a soilder then you are a soilder no matter what your uniform looks like"

To tell you the truth, hes right. Ive seen an Airman walking around in his blues with a sense of pride before and ive thought "thats a sharp looking airman" and ive seen a marine walking around in his uniform all slumped over looking like he just walked out of a bar and he looked like ****, uniform was up to standards though. The man makes the uniform, the uniform doesnt make the man.

I think that about sums it up

Last edited by PotentialZ28; 04-12-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vee 6
As a 13 year AF veteran...I gotta agree with my AF brothers and say the Marines uniform is the best. I don't think the AF will ever get their dress blues right.

One thing I did forget to add....I do think the AF pararescue in their dress blues look pretty cool with the beret and bloused trousers over the boots. IMHO.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Marines hands down for sure! although all the uniforms (when they fit proper and worn right) look decent.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

us in the NYC St Patty's Day parade...(I'm the black guy...)

Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

COAST GUARD!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Army!

Hooah!

Last edited by BigPapi61; 04-17-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

US Navy.

The Navy enlisted dress blues (cracker jacks) always got more attention from females than Marine dress blues ever did every time we went out with them. I was stationed on board the USS Iwo-Jima which is an Amphib assault ship, so every time we went out, Marines came along with us.

From fleet week in NY to Fort Lauderdale, FL. Sailors always came back to the boat drunk and missing their "dixie cups" (the white ice cream man hats) because girls always wanted them.

Last edited by Local-heretic; 04-17-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by camarizzle1AC

COAST GUARD!
sorry but the coasties always look like they put on daddys suit and then put a white belt around it to fancy it up. Always looks a little ill fitting to me

Quick Reply: Which dress uniform looks the best? POLL