Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Army- Corporal Recruiting Program?

Old 04-01-2008, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Army- Corporal Recruiting Program?

Anyone in here a corporal recruiter or know anyone that went corporal recruiting? Im currently deployed and would like to look into this so that when i PCS ill go straight to recruiting school- any tips or helpfull hints towards the process?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spoon98hatch
Anyone in here a corporal recruiter or know anyone that went corporal recruiting? Im currently deployed and would like to look into this so that when i PCS ill go straight to recruiting school- any tips or helpfull hints towards the process?
HOLY **** BATTLE!

Dude, heres my "Army Story" (something youll learn in ARC- Army Recruiting Coarse)

Worst mistake i have ever made man.
I could talk forever about this topic.
I was deployed, like you.
My mos is 21-r (interior electrician) im sittin on the floor in a structure in baghdad that we just built. Its 130 degrees, and im thinking ****, why not try the CRP (cpl recruiting program) I built my packet my last month on the deployment, re-deployed in Dec, and was at the ARC by April. Time on the phone sped up the process alot.

I was stationed at Fort Hood, and im from Fort Worth, only a 2.5 hour drive, i was home every single weekend. The "recruit the recruiter" team told me if i volunteered that i would most likely get where i wanted. Sweet, i volunteered for the Dallas BN. Im 22 years old, been in the army since i was 19, I graduated in 2004, so guys that were freshman when i was a senior, would now me seniors. Im thinkin "how easy would it be to get people to join from my home town, especially seniors"

So like i said i volunteered for dallas BN, and they give me freakin LUBBOCK!! just about the farthest station away from the metroplex in the Dallas BN.
I learned of my assignment while i was in ARC, i got ahold of my CSM's cell phone number and called him directly (which was reccommended by a SFC instructor in ARC) and said "Look CSM, it would benifit me, the BN, and the ARMY to get me back in my home town"
He says "Sorry CPL, i need you in Lubbock)
I got out here in July 2007.
I had my first contract in the Army in 8 days. Its now April 2008, and i have a total of 3 contracts total.

At 6 months, you go to a evaluation board, and see if they will keep you or not. Some people with 3 contracts get kept, they chose to fire me

I volunteered for this program becuase i have absolutely no problem approaching people, and talking to them, i thought i would be good because im only 22, and could really relate with people my age.
All of the above is true, but it helps me very little.

I blame my failing on just plain lack of knowledge, and just plain not being in the Army long enough, i came out with not even 3 years in.

Now, you may come out here as an e-4 and be a freakin hero, and drop contracts like noones business. Alot of it depends where your at. Lubbock has 201,000 people in it. there is 2 ARMY recruiting stations with 7 recruiters each, thats alot of recruiters for one town. My office is literally across the street from Texas Tech University. My 1sg, thinks that place is full of people who want to join the Army. today, 6 of us were dropped off over there and were forced to stay until we all had one appointment each. Face it top, noone over there wants to join the Army, they avoid eye contact, and wont even stop to talk.

there are good sides to being out here. Away from a military installation, some women love a man in uniform. you get an extra $450 a month called "recruiter pay" plus $75 a month to take applicants out to eat, it goes straight to your pocket. I went from being a single e-4 living in the barracks makin $1400 a month, to being a single e-4 gettin $450 rip pay (recruiter incentive pay) + $680 BAH + $290 bas, it all comes out to $2950 per month, just about double the pay..
you get a GOV cell phone with 1000 minutes,
a laptop with a sprint air card, to log onto the internet anywhere
and a Gov vehical
Theres plently of time in the middle of the day to take care of your own business if you need to.
We spend alot of time in the mall looking for appointments.

heres the bad.
We Pt at 0630, i, along with the rest of my office, got off at 2100 tonight. thats a fucken 14.5 hour day. I have had ONE saturday off in 3 months, and getting off before 8pm is considered a blessing.

But, there is a bright side to this, If you put in your 2 contracts a month, your Golden, your off by 1700 for the rest of that month, and treated nicely. Shitty part is, the first day of the next month, you start alll over, and your back at 0.

now, not everywhere is as bad as my station. The other station in town is more well known. If i would have been to the other station in town, i would still be out here, not fired.

Being a Cpl. out here isnt any different than being an e-7. (unless he is the station commander) We have 3 SFC's in my office, one is the station commander, and the other 2 are on my same level. Rank is still there, but everyone is equal. the one who writes contracts is king.

Man, i could talk to you forever on this. Let me know if you need help with your packet, or have more questions.

Pretty much it all depends on your station
IF your in a walk in station, youll be set.
Come out at an e-4, go to the board, get promoted to e-5, bust your all for 2 years, and a get your recuiter ring, and e-6 is an automatic promotion.

The absolute worst part is i had to re-enlist to come out here.
I did that, now i have 2 years left in the Army, and im up for grabs.

What kinda questions do you have
Old 04-04-2008, 05:13 AM
On The Tree

Hey man I sent you a PM with some questions.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Army- Corporal Recruiting Program?