Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

More questions about enlisting USMC

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008 | 10:21 PM
Teching In

Well, now I am ready to enlist and have made my decision for good. I'm not sure if I should go in to sign soon or wait until August to be shipped out 30 days later to get my bonus. What are your thoughts on that? Positives...negatives??

Like I said, I have not signed anything yet because I am waiting to enlist and do the DEP or enlist within 30 days for the bonus. I hope to get my desired MOS 7051 and will make sure its guaranteed or else I will not sign. Thoughts on that?

Lastly, I need info on what to expect when going in to sign for the "real deal". I have gone in and talked to recruiters about 3 times but never actually had the contract in front of me. For all of those who have enlisted, what is the ENTIRE process (including ASVAB, MEPS) upon signing the contract ie papers...things to be aware of and watch out for that you have for me.

BTW guys, I REALLY APPRECIATE your help on all this guys, your a great bunch of guys with excellent information and tolerance for people who keep bombarding you with questions. Thanks for everything !!

Last edited by rabbit102; 04-28-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2008 | 07:22 PM
Banned

well first off if you haven't taken the ASVAB you need to take it now. Almost all if not all MOS's require a certain GT score. If you have your hopes set on the 7000 series but your asvab score isnt high enough you either need to study and retest or choose a different route. After the ASVAB is done and your eligible for the 7000 series, the recruiter will get all the paper work ready and make sure it says exactly what MOS you want. Like its been said before they cant promise you a certain MOS just a MOS series (for the most part). Dont do the DEP be ready when you sign up to go to boot camp within 30 days. You will get the 3k after taxes its more like $2400-2600 after you complete MOS school.
Old 05-06-2008 | 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

I am a 6154 which is an airframe mech. on hueys and cobras. and see what the crash fire rescue guys do everyday for most of the day. they park their truck out on the taxiway and sit there. im not trying to steer you in any direction because its your decision. birds dont crash very often. good luck with everything
Old 05-06-2008 | 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

but when they do, it is a shitty *** job. I wouldn't want that job, rather be getting shot at every day then possibly pulling charred bodies once every couple of years. Buddy of mine just came back into the Marines to do a lat move into it. He likes it though.

Quick Reply: More questions about enlisting USMC