Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

My Uncle was awarded the Bronze Star v. Vietnam War

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My Uncle was awarded the Bronze Star v. Vietnam War

Just thought I would share this with you since this was just brought over to me from my Grand Parents. James Calfee was my Grandmother's brother. He was the one boy surrounded with 4 sisters. LOL!!!

I would have loved to meet him, but alas, he was killed back in 1968.

Getting it framed with his flag as well as putting that info on a nice paper background.

There are a few books out about the event that occurred. National Geographic wants to do a movie/presentation on the event as well. Pretty wild stuff.

My Great Uncle is also up for the Medal of Honor with one other man who was there helping him get the other 11 guys off of the hill. Not sure if he will ever get it but who knows.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those are always impressive,and sad,to read. There's a bldg here on the base that was named after a para rescue guy that was killed in VN in 66.

I was there Feb 70 to Feb 71 in com ,at Cu Chi, most of the time.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems like the Bronze Star has lost it's meaning in the recent years. It truly meant something back then. I'd be very proud to have that, he sounds like he was an awesome guy!
Old 05-16-2008, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man, that is awesome. From myself and I am sure all the other service members on here, the utmost respect goes out to your grandfather for what he did and for the men he saved. It is men like him that show the true meaning of what a true soldier his. To him I say thank you.

Quick Reply: My Uncle was awarded the Bronze Star v. Vietnam War