Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Air Force E's that went O's, need info...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 AM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
Are you going to be flying U2's or something StoleIt?
No, I just love that picture. I really should change it, because everyone is assuming I do.

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
If you fold your clothes like StoleIt, the MTIs will make you hate life even more so. Use that as an example of what not to do.
Figures the AF would even have different requirements for folding clothes. Wonder why ROTC and OTS is different? Because that is down to the T exactly how we were supposed to fold em.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:19 AM
11 Second Club

i'm also going to keep an eye on this thread been debating doing the swap. I'm less then a year out from my ba and went through boot camp and that a year ago. Sounds like a walk in the park compared to boot camp with the same bs on folding, rolling shirts, socks etc, but without 24/7 ti screaming. I've talken to a few pilots etc since i'm at Luke and thats a training base and everyone basically said the samething, however havent found any e to o people besided my oic but he went through it many years ago and said it's changed
Old 07-16-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you fold your clothes like StoleIt, the MTIs will make you hate life even more so. Use that as an example of what not to do.
I was just going to enquire about that. In boot camp the shirts had to be folded in PERFECT 6 inch by 6 inch squares. If one of the TI's saw a shirt even close to that, he would have picked up your clothes droor and thrown in accross the room in rage.

The rooms look a lot nicer and WAY more relaxed than in boot camp as well. Boot camp wasn't impossible, but it seems the more I am finding out about OTS the more I am thinking it will be a bit less intense than boot was.

StoleIt, thanks for the pics and the info. It's much appreciated. Do you have any more pics of Maxwell or life at OTS?

Anyone else have any info or pics?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thankfully we are not authorized to wear the new AF PT gear
Old 07-16-2008, 07:26 AM
TECH Addict

I am surprized as at the base I was at (McGuire) we had to wear it at any base PT function, and in the AOR it was also mandatory when not in regular uniform.

I've got the new AF PT gear, and honestly like it a lot better than the old ones. You have to get the largest size available shorts to make it work, and the shirts don't breathe very well, but other than that they look much better, and are a superior PT uniform compared to the cheep old ones.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything has to be 100% cotton for us to wear it in the FD. So our stuff is black with the fire protection logo on it
Old 07-16-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you haven't already, register over on airforceots.com. Every question you have has been answered probably 10 times over there.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by CALL911
I was just going to enquire about that. In boot camp the shirts had to be folded in PERFECT 6 inch by 6 inch squares. If one of the TI's saw a shirt even close to that, he would have picked up your clothes droor and thrown in accross the room in rage.
That was our extra clothing drawer. The dresser where we put it was in 6x6 squares. My FTO (flight training officer) was Prior E Army, Prior E AF, and then made Maj select while we were out their. Dude was crazy!!! But I guess all SF are. He made our experience a lot more like Army basic rather than ROTC Field Training.

StoleIt, thanks for the pics and the info. It's much appreciated. Do you have any more pics of Maxwell or life at OTS?
Not a lot, I really only got to take pictures the last day. The one of us cadets getting jacked up is the aforementioned FTO. Then the other one is the fields where the OTS guys play the quazi soccer/football game. Forgot what it's called. Us Field Training people played Ultimate Frisbee though...with super homo AF rules...
Attached Thumbnails Air Force E's that went O's, need info...-n49006235_30230488_8397.jpg   Air Force E's that went O's, need info...-n7001411_31461840_1429.jpg  
Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys got to play sports? Hmmm didn't know that. How do they treat prior enlisted folk? Pretty shitty?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL I was at Maxwell for 3 years. I worked in the ATC tower and I could see just about everything that they did on the parade and Flicker ball field... Compared to BMT... cake walk. One of the things that you have to do is write an EPR!! lol WTF... The only thing we got to write was our address on the outside of the envelope to the letter home. They teach you how to do paper work... Come on man... thats b/s.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep in mind this is a completely different kind of suck than BMT. All the priors in my class said OTS was harder than BMT, but that it was completely different. At BMT, they tell you what to do and when to do it. At OTS, they give you 20 things to do, time to do 10 of them, and on top of that you still have to do bullshit like get yelled at or clean the hallway. People that failed at OTS lacked the skills to prioritize and be time efficient. On top of that, you get maybe 5 hours of sleep a night so the sleep deprivation hinders everything you do.

OTS isn't hard, but there will be times when you want to quit. There will be times when you will trade studying for sleep and your grades will more than likely suffer. Like I said, it's all a game and you have to learn how to play.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
NKAWTG...N

Keep in mind this is a completely different kind of suck than BMT. All the priors in my class said OTS was harder than BMT, but that it was completely different. At BMT, they tell you what to do and when to do it. At OTS, they give you 20 things to do, time to do 10 of them, and on top of that you still have to do bullshit like get yelled at or clean the hallway. People that failed at OTS lacked the skills to prioritize and be time efficient. On top of that, you get maybe 5 hours of sleep a night so the sleep deprivation hinders everything you do.

OTS isn't hard, but there will be times when you want to quit. There will be times when you will trade studying for sleep and your grades will more than likely suffer. Like I said, it's all a game and you have to learn how to play.
2. All the prior-e's in my flight said the same thing, but in terms of field training. Anyone can make it through BMT (no offense) but OTS and FT are pretty easy to fail/kicked out. Its just a lot more of a mind ****.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:19 AM
TECH Addict

So, after a while can you bring your POV on base? Or not until after you graduate?
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

So, after a while can you bring your POV on base? Or not until after you graduate?
Your POV will be in the OTS parking lot, you just won't be able to go out there for the first few weeks.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:53 AM
TECH Addict

Your POV will be in the OTS parking lot, you just won't be able to go out there for the first few weeks.
More or less, I meant can you acually drive it after a few weeks?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

More or less, I meant can you acually drive it after a few weeks?
Usually after 6 weeks or so if you make it to 3rd class by then.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Usually after 6 weeks or so if you make it to 3rd class by then.
Sorry for all the questions. So is it based upon something else other than time when you make 3rd class? Or are you saying theres a decent wash out rate?

Quick Reply: Air Force E's that went O's, need info...