Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

My wife is deploying to Baghdad USAF

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006vette
I don't know about wanting to be stationed there but Qatar is a pretty cake deployment. It's just so damn hot in the summer!

BIA is not bad at all, she'll hear the ocasional BOOM from a car bomb ever now and then and maybe a few late night RPGs shot at the base but from what I have seen the Hajis are not very accurate.lol 95% of the time to dont hit ****. Is she going to do a 365 day tour? I just did 120 days and it flew by.
so just make sure she is the one being aimed at, because being AROUND the area they are aiming at is where it will be dangerous.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Change of plains!! My wife's shop is so dumb! They originally sent out a email that a 7 level was needed and if anyone want it to reply back to email. Well my wife was the only one to reply to it and only 3 total are 7 level. One cant pass PT and the other is a single mom with a 2 year old. Well they decided it was too much trouble to send my wife because she would be going out of cycle WTF. So they are sending the single mom that didnt want to go. So now my wife wont get a tax free reenlistment bonus that just double in airfield management she is pissed!!!!!. Well the news now is she is going to korea for a year so she is somewhat happy about that.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Teching In

If she is going to Korea.. she will be at Osan AFB... I hate them guys there.. When I was leaving in 99. They told me that my duffle bag was 47 lb and my suitcase was 89 lb.. The gay Airman told me "SGT you need to make your duffle weight what you suitcase is and your suitcase weight what your duffle is.. I told that retard what is the difference it is going on the same plane and the weight is not going to make a difference.. Well after an hour my **** still weighed the same...

But I still think she well get tax free in Korea also..
Old 09-16-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

i was told it wasnt tax free in korea I need to find out 100% so she doesn't reenlist now and to wait!!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Wish my pay was tax free
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

She will be in konsan ot whatever LOL

Quick Reply: My wife is deploying to Baghdad USAF