Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

leaving for basic in 2 1/2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaving for basic in 2 1/2 weeks

Im leaving for lackland airforce base in san antonio texas for basic training..then to shepard for tech school..any advice or info any of you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-26-2008, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't show up to basic in an Air Force t-shirt, or with any crazy hair. Keep a low profile. I forget all the different details there are in basic, but the couple i remember that you don't want is laundry crew and chow runner.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah if you have facial hair cut it off before you go. That was a hell of a *** chewing.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

don't say **** to anyone unless they ask you, remember your reporting statement and maybe learn some of the facing movements that will give you more of an edge going into it. Wear a pink airforce shirt and grow a beard good luck bro
Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Teching In

1. Dont have a shaved head
2. Dont have a crazy hair cut/hair color
3. Make sure you shave before you leave, or else it will hurt trying to shave a beard in 3 seconds
4. Dont volunteer for anything
5. Dont talk to anyone unless they SPECIFICALLY adress you
6. Dont wear any military related clothing
7. Pad clean up was the ****, while everyone was showering you cleaned up the drill pad i.e. swept off the yellow lines, and then you got to go back up and take a nice long shower by yourself every night
8. Dont try and do a facing movement with the food tray in your hand
9. DONT EVEN TRY AND GET DESSERT, not worth the consequences
10. Keep in mind that basic is only a few weeks, it wont be like this your whole career
11. Keep a good attitude and keep your mouth shut and you'll be fine
Old 09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Being that I am a Military Training Instructor, PM me with any questions and I'll answer the best I can. Also give me your name and I'll see if I have friendlies that will treat you good.
Tate
Old 09-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Teching In

NOOOOOO, its a trap, if you PM him your name your never gonna get out of basic alive

J/K
Old 09-26-2008, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

^^^ that is the same thing that i was thinking lol don't do it MTI's are evil
Old 09-26-2008, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I think I'll call shenanigans there Tate Give him your info and he might get ya 'hooked up'
Old 09-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by Compg
Being that I am a Military Training Instructor, PM me with any questions and I'll answer the best I can. Also give me your name and I'll see if I have friendlies that will treat you good.
Tate
That's a good one.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Banned

Realize that BMT is scripted, and it gets easier every week. Be sure to go to church the first time you can, I can promise you, you will cry like a bitch and you will have no idea why. My TI left us alone on Sunday's so I stopped going, but other TI's will give you details and **** to do if you don't go, like stripping and waxing the floors. One thing you do want to volunteer for is KP duty, it's hard work but you get left alone for a day and usually the contractors in the chow halls will hook you up with some ice cream or something after all the TI's leave.

Keep as low of a profile as possible and just do what you are told. I was a freaking element leader and my TI still didn't learn my name for like 2 weeks.

PT is a joke, if you are in any kind of shape you will leave basic in worse shape than you arrived (and I was even in the battlefield airman program, with all of our "extra" PT )

Know your reporting statement, use it when you are supposed to, and if you do a relatively good job your first few encounters you will get left alone the rest of the time unless you screw up. First Impressions are huge, don't stand out as a retard.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

x2 on the low profile... don't be first to do something and don't be last. I was the only one in my flight and my brother flight to get 1 demerit (spelling) on my red line and got a 45 minute patio break. The next day the house mouse unbuttoned a button in my wall locker.. my TI just happened to check my **** and proceded to chew my ***.

If you don't take a **** for like 3+ weeks don't be alarmed. I didn't **** for 4 weeks. And when I did it was like a block of sand..

KP duty.. Volunteer.. I did that **** and it was hard work but I ate myself silly and got a long shower at the end of the night.

There's a trap door in the TI's office.. one night we had 3 blue ropes come in and own every single one of us. Blue ropes are like the "elite" TI's and love embarrasing people and yelling profusely.

"Chow Hall Runner" don't volunteer for it. I was voluntold to do so about half way through.. because I was told I could hold my military bearing. I got yelled at everyday but I had more respect from the TI's than most.

"Pop tart" keep your bed made.. just slide into it from the top and just tighten the sheets down when you wake up to make your bed and you'll be squared away. This will save you a few minutes and give you time to help out fellow trainees.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Banned

Be careful about pop tarting, our TI would flip our asses out of bed if he caught us doing that ****.

It was however, the most hysterical thing on the planet when he did it to some one else.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:26 AM
On The Tree

bmt was horrible at the time but how thanking back it was the ****... i still talk to my old TI and got a lot of friends and good times/stories... 323rd
Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 AM
12 Second Club

It's very simple here really. When your told to move do it as quickly as possible. If not then turn into a stone and don't move a muscle. When you told to speak everything starts with 6 magic words. Don't try to half *** or cheat the system it's called Integrity, damn it. Pop tarting a bed, how the hell lazy is that?
1. When you do that you can't get all the wrinkles out of the damn sheets and they will show under the blanket when we turn the lights off in the bays and have the sun coming in.
2. It takes all of 5-7 minutes for two people to make a perfect dust cover bed.

A lot of people are saying don't volunteer for anything, screw that. Step up and be a damn man. If you have leadership potential then show it. You don't always have to be a student leader (element leader or dorm chief) to step up and help out. It's called being an Informal leader. Those that say BMT was so bad and don't volunteer for anything, are probably the same ones I would have punched in the damn head. I despise lazy, half assing turds who will do the bare minimum to get by.
Our Core Values are Integrity, Service before Self, and Excellence. Not Try to hide, get the easy details and not help someone out, and Mediocrity at it's finest.

And I was serious about trying to put in a good word for you, maybe my sarcasm was coming threw to much there, it stays with me most of the time. I no longer push flights as a Street Instructor. I did that for almost 3 years and then went to Academics 1 1/2 years ago. I get to teach and mentor Trainees now. Again if you have any questions let me know.
Tate
Old 09-27-2008, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Compg, do you know a SSgt Jameson? That a friends of mine i went to high school with thats a TI now. Im not sure which squadron he's at.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Compg
It's very simple here really. When your told to move do it as quickly as possible. If not then turn into a stone and don't move a muscle. When you told to speak everything starts with 6 magic words. Don't try to half *** or cheat the system it's called Integrity, damn it. Pop tarting a bed, how the hell lazy is that?
1. When you do that you can't get all the wrinkles out of the damn sheets and they will show under the blanket when we turn the lights off in the bays and have the sun coming in.
2. It takes all of 5-7 minutes for two people to make a perfect dust cover bed.

A lot of people are saying don't volunteer for anything, screw that. Step up and be a damn man. If you have leadership potential then show it. You don't always have to be a student leader (element leader or dorm chief) to step up and help out. It's called being an Informal leader. Those that say BMT was so bad and don't volunteer for anything, are probably the same ones I would have punched in the damn head. I despise lazy, half assing turds who will do the bare minimum to get by.
Our Core Values are Integrity, Service before Self, and Excellence. Not Try to hide, get the easy details and not help someone out, and Mediocrity at it's finest.

And I was serious about trying to put in a good word for you, maybe my sarcasm was coming threw to much there, it stays with me most of the time. I no longer push flights as a Street Instructor. I did that for almost 3 years and then went to Academics 1 1/2 years ago. I get to teach and mentor Trainees now. Again if you have any questions let me know.
Tate
being quiet is not being lazy

You volunteer for **** and you get **** details, BMT is NOT the real Air Force so therefore i could give a **** less what my Instructor thought of me, hell im pretty sure he didnt even know my name.

The first question the TI asked was who could swim, of course someone raised his hand and he was told to clean the bathrooms, careful not to drown. The advice above is the same my brother gave me and we both have great Air Force careers
Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PotentialZ28
4. Dont volunteer for anything

THIS!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

KP duty was the best... I ate so much the 2 times I did it. Got lucky too, was an element leader so I got to clean stuff out front, never had to do pots and pans because that job looked like it sucked.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

DON'T SWEAT IT.....IT's ONLY air force. 6 short weeks of boy scout basics.lol

Quick Reply: leaving for basic in 2 1/2 weeks