Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

AF boards

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AF boards

How many people like boards? Seems like every other 1/4 I'm going up. BTZ board was the one I wanted to nail but the one question I tech got wrong sounded like it was a opinion question and didnt think fast enough to say after completeion of ALS (question was if we promotoed you to SrA btz would we be able to use you in a supervisory role...I thought it was opinion and said yes because of my maturity and went from there). That board I went up against OG, MSG, MDG, and MXG for 2 stripes (i'm FW Staff). Now not even a week latter have a Airmen of the 1/4 board.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
How many people like boards? Seems like every other 1/4 I'm going up. BTZ board was the one I wanted to nail but the one question I tech got wrong sounded like it was a opinion question and didnt think fast enough to say after completeion of ALS (question was if we promotoed you to SrA btz would we be able to use you in a supervisory role...I thought it was opinion and said yes because of my maturity and went from there). That board I went up against OG, MSG, MDG, and MXG for 2 stripes (i'm FW Staff). Now not even a week latter have a Airmen of the 1/4 board.
Boards are stupid but they are better than just reading a piece of paper. Some people's shops can write better than others and I think thats complete BS as to why someone receives something. However, I hate wood hunters and I pretty much never go up for anything even though I could probably win em against the wing easily with what I've done here and what I do on my TDY's. All I can say is don't let that shiznit get to your head!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I used to go to all my Battalion/Division boards just for the competition. The division boards would usually have PT tests and land nav courses as part of the overall competition as well as the actual board appearance. I always had fun with it.