Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Where can I find a job list?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i saw that mizzou has that. Been doin tons of research.
When you say "you are now longer enlisted", is that a stipulation where you have to enlist for 4-6 more years? Active Duty?
What are the +/- of being an officer? Do you get moved around alot? Or since your higher ranked do you pretty much get to pick where you at?
I know it sounds kinda gay, but I would love to do the nursing program through the aecp, then continue to get my masters to become a nurse anesthetist.
My ? is, what are they going to have my doing as an officer?
Would taking a tech school related w/ surger help me?
In post 16 said once you get you become an officer you are no longer enlisted? What if you have time remaining in your enlistment?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Sorry, I am trying to gather as much info as possible. This pretty much determines my future! I just dont understand why they would go through all that trouble to get you a degree and make you an officer? By the time you do all that your enlistment would pretty much be over? (assuming 4 years.) Where is the catch? I guess they assume you would make more money as an officer than as a civilian? I cant tell the future, but if I get my m.s. in nurse anasthesia im gettin out! Nothing against the military, just the money and not having to deal w/ what i have heard the bs of the military.
Thank you
Old 10-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Teching In

My bad I meant "you are NO longer enlisted." They just forget about what u had left on your enlistment. After AECP you just do 4-6 as an officer.
Officers tend yo deploy more than enlisted do, but not too much more. The PCS's (Permanent Change of Station) are about that same on both sides. Determining where you PCS to is the same. You have a list of about 12 bases (6 in the US, 6 outside the US, like Europe and Asia). And they try to get you to where u want to go but ultimately its the needs of the AF first.
You could do the AECP and become a nurse. During ROTC you make a list of the jobs you would like and the try to get one of your top choices. Then if you got a nursing job you would go to an Officer Tech School for the nursing career field. Then after your tech school you will go to a permanent station and go to work as a nurse.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/officerjobs/a/46xx.htm
Old 10-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Launching!

I read on that link that there is a nurse anesthetist job for officers. Would they pay for me or train me to get the masters I would need for this position?
I know there are tons of variables, but im just tryin to put together sometime of timeline.
BMT
Tech
aecp
ots
work as an officer nurse ( would I just get my masters for the anesthetist job on my own time?)
Assuming all goes well, is this about right? Also, are men who go into healthcare looked down upon? I don't want to be a nurse, but an anesthetist ultimately.
Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Your timeline seems pretty good. I would think that you would get your masters on your own time but the military might help you since you would go into a job after completing it. They are alot of men in healthcare in the military. Dont worry about any of that. Plus that is where all the hot chicks work on base. So you are set.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Launching!

slowmc, if you don't mind me asking what branch are you in and what is your job?
Once again, thanks for all the help.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Im in the Air Force at Langley AFB, VA. I do supply.

Quick Reply: Where can I find a job list?