Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New Texas Mile Record!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ridiculously fast... And I think people are focusing too much on the car instead of the team's success... I think they would have done it no matter what car they used... I also agree the MKIV Supra is probably the best platform for a car enthusiast to use inasmuch as OEM parts don't get any better... But at the level of these guys, I imagine so many details must be rethought anyway.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:59 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

its great for this but there is a TON of money in this car and its shop supported. six speed up wormboy's car and see what happens. the supras got a 94mm turbo on 20 dollar a gallon fuel with n20. take an old regular c5 and do that and it would have a great chance. just not something people with c5's or c6's and money do... yet. a c6 could do it im sure but its a lot of money, this kinda **** is more justifiable with supras cause it sells parts. 250 in a vette wont sell parts like it will for a supra based shop. sick car though
Old 11-22-2008, 02:43 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t-1
its great for this but there is a TON of money in this car and its shop supported. six speed up wormboy's car and see what happens. the supras got a 94mm turbo on 20 dollar a gallon fuel with n20. take an old regular c5 and do that and it would have a great chance. just not something people with c5's or c6's and money do... yet. a c6 could do it im sure but its a lot of money, this kinda **** is more justifiable with supras cause it sells parts. 250 in a vette wont sell parts like it will for a supra based shop. sick car though
There is a ton of money in any car that is capable of running these times, Supra or not. The fact is there is NO other car doing it and plenty of them are trying, it is a difficult achievement. Everything else is just could be, should be and would be if only... In other words excuses.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

WOW!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:14 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LEO
There is a ton of money in any car that is capable of running these times, Supra or not. The fact is there is NO other car doing it and plenty of them are trying, it is a difficult achievement. Everything else is just could be, should be and would be if only... In other words excuses.
its actually a 91mm turbo

a bit sensitive lol. i dont have a vette im not making excuses for them. im just simply explaining imo why vettes arent pushed that hard for that event thats all. lifes about money and it wont help a vette shop like it does a supra shop. and trust me a supra is a ton more expensive to mod and intially purchase. im not trying to take anything away from the supra
Old 11-23-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LEO
I like supras a lot and your statement couldn't be any more correct.

I mean, there must be dozens of euro and porsche teams like RUF entering that competition each year

Ooh, and I'm sure an LSX based vette couldn't make that much power, let alone hook up that well or be slippery enough to get up to that speed

And lets not forget the dozens of tuning shops that are far more concerned with the texas mile then they are 1/4 mile events, NMCA, or track racing

Yeah, every single big player is heavily involved in the texas mile...
HOLD ON A SECOND, nope only the supra's industries biggest player is involved, boost logic. And they won this year.
Credit where credit is due of course, but to say it's impossible to duplicate by another car is fundamentally flawed.
It hasn't happened yet, but it's very possible.

SO, for now it goes to the top end supra. In five years, who knows.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by t-1
its actually a 91mm turbo

a bit sensitive lol. i dont have a vette im not making excuses for them. im just simply explaining imo why vettes arent pushed that hard for that event thats all. lifes about money and it wont help a vette shop like it does a supra shop. and trust me a supra is a ton more expensive to mod and intially purchase. im not trying to take anything away from the supra
Sorry, his post was dead on.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

Sick vid. Got love the mk4 supras.

Matt
Old 11-24-2008, 05:35 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Yeah you guys might be right. Who are Lingenfelter, RUF, SVS, Hennessey, LG and Heffner anyways? Probably just a bunch of chump tuner shops. I'm not speaking of just the Tx. mile but any standing mile competition.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

Looks like he settled that arguement.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Damn, the #1, #2, and #3 street-car class record holders are all Supras? And they went faster than any car in the race-car class? What gives? Just a stupid stock-bodied 6-cylinder riceboy car with a giant wing and a fart can.

I'm sure a Camaro will beat that 241.8mph speed next year.
That because fbody guys only focus on 1/4 mile times

Id rather do topspeed if it was in my area
Old 11-29-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LEO
Yeah you guys might be right. Who are Lingenfelter, RUF, SVS, Hennessey, LG and Heffner anyways? Probably just a bunch of chump tuner shops. I'm not speaking of just the Tx. mile but any standing mile competition.
Shouldnt you be scamming somone?