Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Exhaust Sound Request...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Sound Request...

I did a search... Found one but the vid doesnt work... I found a cutout i had from My old SS!! Rather exciting... Would have had a lot more if i thought i would ever have an LS1 again... Anyways... I am looking for a decent sound clip of a Stock LS1 with a Cutout... No mods that will alter the sound... I have a lid.. Thats it.. So i wanna hear what it sounds like before i throw it on.. I hear it sounds pretty good actually. Anyways.. i know ill get little HP gains out of it... But iam saving for an exhaust set up.. Prob only cost me $20 to slap it on for now... I cant stand it so quiet! I also searched slowtube.. Nothing worth a damn on there... So any clips would be great... I would like it to be at least somewhat loud... Is it Loudmouth loud? Thanks again guys..
Old 10-31-2008, 01:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Skillhouette
Is it Loudmouth loud?
yes... probably louder.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:42 AM
screamin chicken

go here www.ls1sounds.com
Old 10-31-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Skillhouette
I am looking for a decent sound clip of a Stock LS1 with a Cutout... I also searched slowtube.. Nothing worth a damn on there...

I made and posted this video months ago and posted on youtube. I think it's what you're looking for . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTrP5Yy1MrI
Old 10-31-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 32of32
I made and posted this video months ago and posted on youtube. I think it's what you're looking for . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTrP5Yy1MrI
sounds exaclty like what he was looking for... i like the way it sounds open cut-out. that was with the factory cats correct?
Old 10-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Yeah thats a good one.. It just doesn't seem very loud at all on camera... But i am sure it will be... I am gonna throw it on Monday... Thanks for the clip... AN yeah factory everything right? Just a cutout?
Old 10-31-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

ok i kno it has nothing to do with this thread but i have a question...i listened to the exhaust clip that was posted and it sounds amazing by the way but wut is that fluttering sound (dont kno how to explain it) at exactly 1:09-1:11 on the video clip...its at the end of when you rev it with the cut out open??? i notice i hear it alot on these sound/video clips of cars with e-cut outs...im just wondering cuz my car is bone stock and whenever i hit the gas i get this fluttering sound from the driver side under the hood and it makes me think there might be an exhaust leak or something idk...sorry for the thread hijack but seeing that vid made me think of it...the sound just started about a week ago
Old 11-01-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bongva
sounds exaclty like what he was looking for... i like the way it sounds open cut-out. that was with the factory cats correct?
Yep - factory everything at that time except the cuttout.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by screamin chicken
^ that site needs to be updated really bad. With a cutout it should sound really good