Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

HD - Low 12 sec LS1 Camaro SS vs Bolt on '04 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1'low92
me and my friend are pretty much just like that race he got 450 -460 in a cobra and i got 353 and he pulls on me top end.......gotta admit it makes you smile whgen you know that the cobra is 30 grand and youve got a 10grand car (on average my car )..keeping up with it...not to metion n/a vs s/c and small block vs. big block good run
Take this whatever way you want, but what kinda lame **** is that? A 30 grand car vs. your "on average" 10 grand car? Small block vs. big block what? N/A vs. F/I?

If he's pulling you on the big end, you ain't keepin up with ****.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh I can already see this turning into the same **** over on svt performance ... yes we all know his car is faster my point in this video was that I feel I kept up very well for the power levels, who care if he reeled me in hard, when it comes down to it he had me by 1 maybe 2 car lengths at the end of the quarter mile and im making 100hp less?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the second video that I've seen on here that has a pulley'd modded Cobra, going up against a lightly modded F-Body. The last video was of a WS6keeping up with some 500whp Cobras off a roll, and now this one.

All in all, I can see that you did keep up rather well. Yes, you did loose, and always will, due to the drastic hp and tq differences. I can only relate this to the fact that the F-Body IS lighter especially considering the fact that the fat vert has about 400lbs on you, give or take? On the second run you can see how you killed him from the dig, probably partially due to his not-so-thought out IRS system.

I'd be proud too if my car kept up that good to a car with more horsepower (yet a lot more weight too tho) If your power levels were similar, I think you'd clearly win.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Striker
This is the second video that I've seen on here that has a pulley'd modded Cobra, going up against a lightly modded F-Body. The last video was of a WS6keeping up with some 500whp Cobras off a roll, and now this one.

All in all, I can see that you did keep up rather well. Yes, you did loose, and always will, due to the drastic hp and tq differences. I can only relate this to the fact that the F-Body IS lighter especially considering the fact that the fat vert has about 400lbs on you, give or take? On the second run you can see how you killed him from the dig, probably partially due to his not-so-thought out IRS system.

I'd be proud too if my car kept up that good to a car with more horsepower (yet a lot more weight too tho) If your power levels were similar, I think you'd clearly win.
Thanks we see eye to eye also my car isnt the lightest car ever.. full weight with a 9 inch im just adding weight to the car lol.... but yeah id like a rematch after I do cam.. freeway and dig
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Better hurry up and get that cam. Last I heard he was trying to get a coupe or a new CTS-V
Old 01-27-2009, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1sicws6
you know it still runs good for the power I have.. theres people with full bolt ons long tube having more power and still cant break 11's.. at least around the bay area....
True. I'm glad you finally owned up to it not being " showroom stock"

Your car is a good example that shows if you set your car up right you can run good times with right mods and not break the bank.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Striker
If your power levels were similar, I think you'd clearly win.
Meh it goes both ways, Cobras can be setup for drag too with a solid rear axle, steep gear and big *** sticky tires. The "what ifs" are pointless. The Camaro launched and pulled hard through the first 660ft or so as expected with a 4:30 gear but the Cobra raped it on the top-end, also as expected. From what it looks like the Camaro slammed on the brakes as soon as the Cobra passed in a few of the races. Also I heard when they raced from a roll the Cobra was ahead by A LOT. I clicked on the other videos and that same Cobra was neck and neck with a cammed Z06, which means it ain't no slouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZJFtEMno4

me and my friend are pretty much just like that race he got 450 -460 in a cobra and i got 353 and he pulls on me top end.......gotta admit it makes you smile whgen you know that the cobra is 30 grand and youve got a 10grand car (on average my car )..keeping up with it...not to metion n/a vs s/c and small block vs. big block good run
That's such a ricer argument, let me build a 10 second IROC or Fox body and rape Z06s and brag about it. Anything can be made fast, comparing what you paid for your old *** car to what 03-04 Cobras cost brand new is a dumb statement.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
True. I'm glad you finally owned up to it not being " showroom stock"

Your car is a good example that shows if you set your car up right you can run good times with right mods and not break the bank.
True thanks for being honest and not a dick about it.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

spray it
Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

nice dude...you put down similar power to me...I have a 01 LS6 long block (385hp) with I/H/E and put down 351rwhp/355rwtq..no tune.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

True thanks for being honest and not a dick about it.

No problem man. It pisses me off when people hide their mods. That being said I can understand why you weren't so upfront with your mode since everyone else in your area seems to lie/hide their mods.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

I think with some weight reduction and exhaust you'll hit your goal
Old 01-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Not neccesarily my brother makes what I do in his sprayed f-body and I barely edge him out....its all in the setup.....btw those races in the vid were short.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
No problem man. It pisses me off when people hide their mods. That being said I can understand why you weren't so upfront with your mode since everyone else in your area seems to lie/hide their mods.
not just that im not too proud to have a ls6 cam.. I figure I'll tell people what I have when its worth telling about.. but yeah I see where you guys are mad about it I myself hate that so I guess im a hypocrite lol...

kidcamaro98 get a tune.. my base line was 332 325 I gained a nice amount in just a tune..

there will be spray on the car eventually.. I just dont know if i'll be man enough spraying a cammed car making 430 +
Old 01-28-2009, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

not just that im not too proud to have a ls6 cam.. I figure I'll tell people what I have when its worth telling about.. but yeah I see where you guys are mad about it I myself hate that so I guess im a hypocrite lol...

kidcamaro98 get a tune.. my base line was 332 325 I gained a nice amount in just a tune..

there will be spray on the car eventually.. I just dont know if i'll be man enough spraying a cammed car making 430 +
I have a MS3 cam waiting to go in or else I would have gotten a tune since im still on the LS1 tune with a bolt on LS6...It would be interesting to see what numbers I could lay down after a tune tho....I would think around the 370rwhp range.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

how is that a dumb statement was all that i was saying is that you dont need an expensive car to go fast... like you dont need to drop big bills to keep up with a cobra...or any fast cars from factory that are in my opinion expensive. cobras and im not bashing them ....i was just stating a race that i had...

Last edited by 1'low92; 01-28-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
9 Second Club

how is that a dumb statement was all that i was saying is that you dont need an expensive car to go fast... like you dont need to drop big bills to keep up with a cobra...or any fast cars from factory that are in my opinion expensive. cobras and im not bashing them ....i was just stating a race that i had...

Yhea true leave him the **** alone, Its not his fault that the bigger, better, badder, Cheaper, Ls1 Camaro or Trans am doesnt need as much **** to go as fast. And its not the same as a civic vs a z06, because civics are cheaply made, and have chinsy interior. A camaro or T/A's interior is just as nice if not nicer than any mustang, and there quality keeps up with the "all mighty cobra" as well. Plus the fact is he admitted he LOST, he was just trying to share insight to the situation so chillax.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The HD video looks great!

Nice car cam or spray and i think he'll be trying to catch you
Old 01-29-2009, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
The HD video looks great!

Nice car cam or spray and i think he'll be trying to catch you
Thanks! i'll be going for the cam only record in nor-cal for 6 speeds