Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

0-150 in a 427 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fccs
I can't hear any wind noise except the normal outside car wind when going that fast. If my cutout was closed when doing so then yea maybe I would but when its open and im doing that all I could hear is the exhaust or music. You sure your seals arent having trouble?
positive, all the seals are like new and my t-tops are extra snug cause their not the originals. it probably doesnt help that I have no sound proofing left but most the noise wasnt coming from the underside..
Originally Posted by Spoolin
Here's an updated video to address all the people complaining about wind noise...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxq9QBPLB_8
nice, its obvious your on the road in that vid, BA! it was the combination of no tire squeal/wind noise and only the view of your gauges that was leading to doubts.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's an updated video to address all the people complaining about wind noise...
Gee I was saying could be real the whole time. But no, ls1tech says its fake then it must be fake. THANKYOU FOR SHOWING THE PEOPLE WHO SAYS IT WAS FAKE UP!

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
positive, all the seals are like new and my t-tops are extra snug cause their not the originals. it probably doesnt help that I have no sound proofing left but most the noise wasnt coming from the underside..
And thats really odd, I mean the wind does breakin on mine but its not that loud and obviously im not the only one who has alot of wind noise, since we now can see his video is real and he doesn't have that much either. God you guys are a tough crowd to please..lol
Old 04-05-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Gee I was saying could be real the whole time. But no, ls1tech says its fake then it must be fake. THANKYOU FOR SHOWING THE PEOPLE WHO SAYS IT WAS FAKE UP!
And thats really odd, I mean the wind does breakin on mine but its not that loud and obviously im not the only one who has alot of wind noise, since we now can see his video is real and he doesn't have that much either. God you guys are a tough crowd to please..lol
I can't blame anyone for calling fake, check out the wind noise in these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtpbW...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxX9h...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJNXn...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ydx...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI2rnM9ZZGY
Old 04-05-2009, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
nice, its obvious your on the road in that vid, BA! it was the combination of no tire squeal/wind noise and only the view of your gauges that was leading to doubts.

This isn't my car guys, I just found the video. Whoever the owner is he's on here and I think he posted back in the first page and apparently went out and shot another video but just didn't share. I just noticed he posted it and wanted to share to see what all the disbelievers would say this time around.

But here's my impression of a top speed run in my car...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnZDwl0a6fE

It was on a street...I swear!!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Wow man you sound like my ex-wife. Don't come in here like Mr know it all. After your one post that I quoted and responded to you obviously do not know it all.

The speedo could still be off. The were tires spinning in the second vid and also not an off idle launch like the first vid. Why go thru the trouble of doing another video and not show yourself at speed in the vid? Then again I'm not sure if you want to be panning around if you are indeed doing 150? Get a gps only way to prove anything lol
Old 04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

Wanna trade?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dang you guys are being hard. The people who are call this "fake", how many of you have a 427 motor? Have you driven your car to 150 mph for a short run and back to 0 again? I know my car can do the same thing without all the wind noise. He might have a very tight low mile car that hasn't been beat up like a lot of cars on this board.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

that 2nd video seems pretty legit to me
Old 04-05-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

quick car, and a funny thread.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
that 2nd video seems pretty legit to me
I agree with you still dam good shifting with one hand. And I notice the car dident slide bad in the first three gears. But yeah some more info would be nice
Old 04-05-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm still amazed. I want one
Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

you went from 50-0mph in like 1 half seconds...? WTF! brakes do you have on there? because i want some!!! haha

i believe your car is fast! dont get me wrong..

Last edited by DoggyB22; 04-08-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it's a gear chnage without calibration. Ive come to this conculsion after about an hour of debating while my girlfriend was playing video games.

With my 427 camaro, when it was a 427 camaro, I did 10.8 @ 129. This was at the track though. I stop watched his 0 -130 atleast a dozen times and got between a 10.1 and a 10.3. That's just too fast. Even if my reaction time was WAY off and it was a 10.8, it would still be too fast for the street IMO.

Then I stop watched his 0 - 140, right when he shifted, which with a 3.73 ratio would be about 133mph in reality. I got about an 11.7 average. If his car is anything like mine and a few other 427 fbodies ive seen, it should trap between the 126 - 130 range, which would be a mid 11 second pass in this car by this video. Which is WAY more believable then a low ten second pass like I was coming up with whewn I used a 3.73 gear ratio, especially on the street.

I also tried to figure in 4.11 gears, didn't work as well as a 3.73. At 140 on his speedo in the car, he'd only be going 121mph in reality. 121 mph in 11.7 seonds would be a 12 second pass by the time he got to the 125 - 130 mph range his car should be trapping in.

SO by the data I collected, I'm inclined to say this is a 427 3.73 gear car that needs to be taken to the shop to get some minor calibration
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the guy also posts at the bottom and says he has 3.73's in it and also that he says "I can't run it hard at the track because of stock rear and driveshaft. Only been once,11.8 @ 123 granny shifting and couldn't get into throttle for a while. Like a 2.3 60' time. If I drove at the track like I did in this vid it would have been much better." and also says he has a b&m torque arm to help with traction...

heres another vid of him doing it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxq9Q...e=channel_page
i dunno if the speedo isnt calibrated or what, but thats pretty darn quick either way lol
Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by squeals99
the guy also posts at the bottom and says he has 3.73's in it and also that he says "I can't run it hard at the track because of stock rear and driveshaft. Only been once,11.8 @ 123 granny shifting and couldn't get into throttle for a while. Like a 2.3 60' time. If I drove at the track like I did in this vid it would have been much better." and also says he has a b&m torque arm to help with traction...

heres another vid of him doing it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxq9Q...e=channel_page
i dunno if the speedo isnt calibrated or what, but thats pretty darn quick either way lol
I love being right.
god damn im good!!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

LOL yeah its still fast but what a tool bag!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
you went from 50-0mph in like 1 half seconds...? WTF! brakes do you have on there? because i want some!!! haha

i believe your car is fast! dont get me wrong..

Not my car.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by purplehays4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PapNM...eature=channel

Heres a vid of it doin a flybye! Its sick!
I don't know why, but I LMAO at this video. I wonder what the cars in the background were thinking when they saw a car fly past them.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by _JB_
I don't know why, but I LMAO at this video. I wonder what the cars in the background were thinking when they saw a car fly past them.
lol me too, I love that clip! I wish I had a vid of me doing that, I had people in other lanes pulling off the road when they saw me coming wtf were they thinking..
Old 04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jermzz
I think it's a gear chnage without calibration. Ive come to this conculsion after about an hour of debating while my girlfriend was playing video games.

With my 427 camaro, when it was a 427 camaro, I did 10.8 @ 129. This was at the track though. I stop watched his 0 -130 atleast a dozen times and got between a 10.1 and a 10.3. That's just too fast. Even if my reaction time was WAY off and it was a 10.8, it would still be too fast for the street IMO.

Then I stop watched his 0 - 140, right when he shifted, which with a 3.73 ratio would be about 133mph in reality. I got about an 11.7 average. If his car is anything like mine and a few other 427 fbodies ive seen, it should trap between the 126 - 130 range, which would be a mid 11 second pass in this car by this video. Which is WAY more believable then a low ten second pass like I was coming up with whewn I used a 3.73 gear ratio, especially on the street.

I also tried to figure in 4.11 gears, didn't work as well as a 3.73. At 140 on his speedo in the car, he'd only be going 121mph in reality. 121 mph in 11.7 seonds would be a 12 second pass by the time he got to the 125 - 130 mph range his car should be trapping in.

SO by the data I collected, I'm inclined to say this is a 427 3.73 gear car that needs to be taken to the shop to get some minor calibration
good job jermzz.. that was i was thinking also

Quick Reply: 0-150 in a 427 Trans Am