Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2003 Evo VIII with a 2.4L stroker & 63mm turbo VS. a 2003 Paxton supercharged Viper S

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
And if displacement isn't that important, why did the EVO in this video increase his with a stroker?
And why did John Shepard destroke the worlds fastest EVO?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Where do you think that 150hp difference came from, genius!?
You're not very perceptive are you?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Maybe the Viper owner is as retarded as the OP. lol.

More cubic inches=bigger explosion. Its really not very complicated to figure out a bigger explosion equals more power. if that evo was in bare form, meaning NA 4 cyclinder, it would be making about 140hp. if that viper was in BARE form it would be making about 550hp. So even though stock for stock, the viper has 400 more hp, or more than 3x the power, you're absolutely right! DUH everyone!!! HELLOOOOO!!!!!!!! He was right all along! Displacement REALLY DOESNT matter! Omg this whole time ive been driving these stupid ******* v8 powerhouses, and i had a purebred race car in my driveway the whole time, my moms KIA!! Im so stupid thanks 25psi aka lttle jdm fanboy for helping me realize me lifes greatest mistake. Yes i over did it. **** you
Thanx for the very informative post

Since you like to throw out numbers:

Porsche 3.6 N/A = 415hp
1994 Dodge Viper 8.0 N/A 400hp

Now, I won't be as condescending as you with the "**** You" statement, so I'll regress......
Old 04-17-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Not sure if you realized that you contradicted yourself and verified my original point. However, as the video proves a 4 cylinders can be built to make a ton of power and I'm not taking away from that. But, if you take two motors with the same compression and psi of boost with the only difference being one has more displacement, which one will make more power?

If you want a ton of support for your displacement claims then this is the wrong forum.

Money can make power with anything, just depends which route you want to go.
Read my above posts.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeG
As soon as I see Top Fuel dragsters running 3.80's in the 1/4 w/ a 4 banger, I'll push my car off a cliff and go buy an EVO.
Can't show you that, but Bob Norwood built a 5 sec one though.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Can you just get over it.. ur all right in ur own way - i just wasted my time reading all these posts..
Old 04-17-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Can you just get over it.. ur all right in ur own way - i just wasted my time reading all these posts..
I'm not bitter nor am I trying to instigate a riot over here lol. I only want to dispel so called myths regarding displacement.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 25psi
More displacement will not yield more hp. Increasing displacement increase torque(but not hp) because a greater volume of air (and thus fuel) is combusted per revolution, imparting more force on the crank and thus producing more torque. However, without changing the rest of the setup, you are not actually flowing more total air, so power stays the same. That is why a stroked engine generally pulls the curve to the left and inflates the torque curve (more torque produced accross the RPM band), but doesn't increase HP on a given setup (the ONLY way that would happen would be if the HP curve is still rising at redline, meaning more airflow could be obtained at the same redline by increasing displacement).
Your simply comfused, if EVERYTHING was the same except one car has more dispacement it will have more HP and TQ but there will never be a car made that way so its a stupid arguement to begin with.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
Your simply comfused, if EVERYTHING was the same except one car has more dispacement it will have more HP and TQ but there will never be a car made that way so its a stupid arguement to begin with.
Ummm....no!

Did you even bother looking at what I posted? Increasing displacement, only produces more torque! The only way to increase hp is if your VE is not limited by redline.

S2k increased displacement by .2 liters and did not produce more hp. Hp stayed the say, but torque increased.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vipers=Supra and LS1 killers
Old 04-17-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Ummm....no!

Did you even bother looking at what I posted? Increasing displacement, only produces more torque! The only way to increase hp is if your VE is not limited by redline.

S2k increased displacement by .2 liters and did not produce more hp. Hp stayed the say, but torque increased.

Notice all the honda guys go crazy if they even make ok TQ numbers, it eqauls a faster car.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Different motors and setups are built to do different things

Everything has a place and a way to use it
Old 04-17-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Oh dam its still going.. I dont care Id rather say I have a 900 hp 4xx ci it just seems more manly other than I got a 900 hp 1.8 liter, Im mean for the love of god we are not comparing purses here LOL. But 25psi Bro your trying to dispell a myth to a bunch of v8 lovin, big cube lovin, race gas and N02 junkies. Its not going to happen bro but you do have a good argument, But its like telling a ZR1 owner to trade in and get a hybrid.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slick1851
Vipers=Supra and LS1 killers
Not in the Texas Mile
Old 04-17-2009, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slick1851
Different motors and setups are built to do different things

Everything has a place and a way to use it
This wasn't the argument. Peoples suggestion was that more displacement equates to better results and in the case, was not true.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Not in the Texas Mile
That i agree with you big time! Dam a 90's model supra built back then has a small cross section allowing it to go fkin fast in the mile plus the 2jz. I have yet to see a viper crest 230+ in the mile or a vette.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
That i agree with you big time! Dam a 90's model supra built back then has a small cross section allowing it to go fkin fast in the mile plus the 2jz. I have yet to see a viper crest 230+ in the mile or a vette.
I doubt the Vette will ever be a factor in the Texas Mile considering the 1:1 in 4th gear.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont even know what to say to you 25psi. Seriously what is wrong with you? Get off the boards go find a honda or evo site. What do you drive? Why do you want to be here all you try and do is say imports or to be more accurate, econo-boxes, are better. If your such a fan of those cars, then go to those borads. I like Firebirds Camaros and Vettes, that why i post here. When i have a question about my BMW, i go to bimmerforums.com When i want to talk about my Jeep, i go to jeepforums.com. When i want to talk about my lotus, i go to lotusespritforums.com and you know what? I dont go to the Bimmer site and talk **** about bimmers. I dont go to the jeep forum and talk **** about Jeeps. And beleive it or not, i dont go to the Lotus site and talk **** about Esprits. You know why? Cause im not stupid and ignorant and i also know my facts. You must be feeling embarrassed.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Smaller displacement is usually better for forced induction applications. It gives the engine a nunber of bennefits. But it also means the car will rely a lot more heavily on the turbo instead of its internals to make power.

And theres something my auto teacher used to always tell us.

"Torque puts you back in your seat, horsepower holds you there"
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by evilZO6
I dont even know what to say to you 25psi. Seriously what is wrong with you? Get off the boards go find a honda or evo site. What do you drive? Why do you want to be here all you try and do is say imports or to be more accurate, econo-boxes, are better. If your such a fan of those cars, then go to those borads. I like Firebirds Camaros and Vettes, that why i post here. When i have a question about my BMW, i go to bimmerforums.com When i want to talk about my Jeep, i go to jeepforums.com. When i want to talk about my lotus, i go to lotusespritforums.com and you know what? I dont go to the Bimmer site and talk **** about bimmers. I dont go to the jeep forum and talk **** about Jeeps. And beleive it or not, i dont go to the Lotus site and talk **** about Esprits. You know why? Cause im not stupid and ignorant and i also know my facts. You must be feeling embarrassed.
From analyzing your post and skimming through this jejune/piteous attempt at humor, I'll go easy on you!

First of all, I've been a dedicated member here since early 2k's. I guess you lack the mental aptitude to discern that, although, my post may seem confrontational to "you" they may be accepting to others! This is the multimedia section, in which plenty people come here and offer their perspective of the potential for other manufactures!

Furthermore, I interact with dozens of LS1Tech members on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I'm sorry if you feel left out, to the point you're curious to know what I drive. Quite frankly, I find it amusing that your this fond of me. It's almost to the point where I would call it stimulating.