Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2003 Evo VIII with a 2.4L stroker & 63mm turbo VS. a 2003 Paxton supercharged Viper S

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Smaller displacement is usually better for forced induction applications. It gives the engine a nunber of bennefits. But it also means the car will rely a lot more heavily on the turbo instead of its internals to make power.

And theres something my auto teacher used to always tell us.

"Torque puts you back in your seat, horsepower holds you there"
You have NO understanding of physics do you?

(3 ft/lb of torque @ 2 RPM) / 5252 = .0011424 HP

(1 ft/lb of torque @ 8 RPM) /5252 = .0015232 hp

I would ask your teacher for a refund, if he actually referred that statement to you.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
More displacement will not yield more hp. Increasing displacement increase torque(but not hp) because a greater volume of air (and thus fuel) is combusted per revolution, imparting more force on the crank and thus producing more torque. However, without changing the rest of the setup, you are not actually flowing more total air, so power stays the same. That is why a stroked engine generally pulls the curve to the left and inflates the torque curve (more torque produced accross the RPM band), but doesn't increase HP on a given setup (the ONLY way that would happen would be if the HP curve is still rising at redline, meaning more airflow could be obtained at the same redline by increasing displacement).
I really think that you need to step into the dyno results section here. There are dozens of people that have swapped nothing but a shortblock, keeping the heads, intake, and all valvetrain components the same, and HP increased significantly. For example: https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ll-stroke.html

Increase torque at the same RPM (which increased displacement almost always does), and HP increases with it.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanx for the very informative post

Since you like to throw out numbers:

Porsche 3.6 N/A = 415hp
1994 Dodge Viper 8.0 N/A 400hp

Now, I won't be as condescending as you with the "**** You" statement, so I'll regress......
Which 3.6 Porsche motor makes 415hp N/A? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't know of one.

Regardless, airflow makes all the difference in the world, true a 1994 Viper makes 400HP, but at 4500 RPM, where a N/A 911 makes 385-400 at 6500 RPM. Better head design and an extra 2000 RPM make a world of difference. It's all a question of how much air is moved (backed up by fuel and spark), period.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Which 3.6 Porsche motor makes 415hp N/A? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't know of one.

Regardless, airflow makes all the difference in the world, true a 1994 Viper makes 400HP, but at 4500 RPM, where a N/A 911 makes 385-400 at 6500 RPM. Better head design and an extra 2000 RPM make a world of difference. It's all a question of how much air is moved (backed up by fuel and spark), period.
The 997 model ('07+) GT3 and GT3RS has a 415hp NA motor.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to give props to the EVO! That bad boy is fast! HP is HP in my book, whether it comes from our V8 stroker motors or a little stroked out 4banger. If it is fast I like it! Now it seems like there isn't much there to outrun the EVO where he live's at, so maybe he needs to take a road trip over here to Georgia, so the evo can run some cars that make a little power!
Props again to the EVO!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Increase torque at the same RPM (which increased displacement always does), and HP increases with it.
This is what I was getting at but guess my words didn't do the job. I'm an import fan but even I know if everything is kept the same except displacement, the motor with more displacement will be the same.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Regular

That is one sick built EVO; with 30psi on a 2.4, he's probably over 600whp (why didn't the EVO guy give any numbers).

I had a 4g63, I just wish it had sounded a bit meaner...
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

From analyzing your post and skimming through this jejune/piteous attempt at humor, I'll go easy on you!

First of all, I've been a dedicated member here since early 2k's. I guess you lack the mental aptitude to discern that, although, my post may seem confrontational to "you" they may be accepting to others! This is the multimedia section, in which plenty people come here and offer their perspective of the potential for other manufactures!

Furthermore, I interact with dozens of LS1Tech members on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I'm sorry if you feel left out, to the point you're curious to know what I drive. Quite frankly, I find it amusing that your this fond of me. It's almost to the point where I would call it stimulating.

Fond? No.I wasnt trying to be funny. I dont know where you picked that up from. Im curious as to what you drive becuase ive been looking through pages and pages of your posts. All you ever post is news about japanese cars, and your always in the multimedia section or kill sections, posting more JDM videos up. I didnt find a single post where you were actually talking about your car, and youre garage is empty, and you dont have any signature at all. I cant find any pictures of a car youve ever posted either besides japanese cars. Most of your posts are insulting to a lot of people on here like saying the Z28 is an overpriced barretta. I was simply curious as to what you drive. Granted i dont have many of the above mentioned either, but if you search my posts youll find me at least talking about what i drive and youll find pictures of my cars. Im thinking you dont even have a car. You can be a member for 20 years if you want it doesnt mean you are a bigger fan or that you know more.

For someone that interacts with so many people, its funny how you have no friends on your list. And i dont see anyone talking directly to you in any of the posts you respond to or start. And you don't have any visitor messages. And if your so dedicated, why dont you ever say anything positive about any car this site is meant for? And if youre so dedicated why do you have only 1100 posts in 7 years?

And i feel blessed to be left out of your circle of contacts.

Last edited by evilZO6; 04-20-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Teching In

LOL!

Look at how many views this thread is getting (with my video in it!)

I don't care if you're right or wrong, but keep it up 25psi!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

14k views on the video damnnnnnnnnnnnnn