Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

F-11 Cam Z28, Burnout & Flyby

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-11 Cam Z28, Burnout & Flyby

Finally got the Camaro running right after all the trouble following my cam install, This is a quick clip of me terrorizing the neighborhood! Enjoy.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/F...ort_680230.htm
Old 05-03-2009, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

man that thing sounds sick. got any dyno numbers btw?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

I had that same cam in my old SS. Sounded great and made nice power. My install was a nightmare too. Futral ground the first cam "backwards" and had to send another. And they wouldn't take care of any of the other install. I'd never buy another thing from them. Good cam, not so good shop IMO. What was your issue?
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Nice car man, sounds good.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome car, sounds alot better then a few guys around here w/ maggy catback
Old 05-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99TransAm666
man that thing sounds sick. got any dyno numbers btw?
No dyno numbers yet, when Geoff Skinner tuned it for the cam, he noticed that the computer was adding around 17% extra fuel, I suspect a vacuum leak or maybe my pump is dying, so he owes me the dyno pull still, but Ima wait until that's fixed and also get an aftermarket driveshaft.
I'll post those numbers once that all happens............one day

Last edited by kingsofstreet; 05-05-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
I had that same cam in my old SS. Sounded great and made nice power. My install was a nightmare too. Futral ground the first cam "backwards" and had to send another. And they wouldn't take care of any of the other install. I'd never buy another thing from them. Good cam, not so good shop IMO. What was your issue?
Yea I havent had ANY good experiences dealing with Futral either, but this time it was Fisher's automotive in Baton Rouge that screwed the pooch on my cam install, I had some MASSIVE valvetrain noise after they finished, so I took it back to them and they said it was a collapsed lifter, they wouldnt fix it, So I replaced the lifters myself, finshed all that and took it down the street about 2 miles and here came that hellacious tapping again!!
so finally I decided to check the oil pump, and guess what?..........
NO FREAKING O-RING mechanic probably lost it when he pulled the pump to install the timing gear set... So, I bought one, and installed it, and now she runs like a champ.

LESSON LEARNED:
I will ALWAYS do my own work from now on, no matter how much of a pain in the *** F-Body's are to work on.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Originally Posted by kingsofstreet
Yea I havent had ANY good experiences dealing with Futral either, but this time it was Fisher's automotive in Baton Rouge that screwed the pooch on my cam install, I had some MASSIVE valvetrain noise after they finished, so I took it back to them and they said it was a collapsed lifter, they wouldnt fix it, So I replaced the lifters myself, finshed all that and took it down the street about 2 miles and here came that hellacious tapping again!!
so finally I decided to check the oil pump, and guess what?..........
NO FREAKING O-RING mechanic probably lost it when he pulled the pump to install the timing gear set... So, I bought one, and installed it, and now she runs like a champ.

LESSON LEARNED:
I will ALWAYS do my own work from now on, no matter how much of a pain in the *** F-Body's are to work on.
Thats very surprising to hear. My car went from stock to where its at now with them having done all the work and not one issue. Great guys and always taken care of.

How do you like the f-11? Thats the same one I have.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Oh I like the cam.... It's just what I wanted it to be, especially since I drive this car 50 miles every day... Cam isn't too much, and not too little... puuuurfect.
Plus, I've been ripping doors off of mustangs since I got it running. So it works just fine. Now it's time for a rear-end and a power adder...Heh..
Old 05-05-2009, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Thats very surprising to hear. My car went from stock to where its at now with them having done all the work and not one issue. Great guys and always taken care of.

How do you like the f-11? Thats the same one I have.
Yup, very bad experience, and horrid customer service. Days before I got returned calls too. I'd never buy a thing from them and their business practices lost thousands of dollars in business from myself and my buddies. But you live you learn. When I get my ZO6 I'll go elsewhere for my mods.

Cam itself was good, make nice flat torque, over 380 rwhp through 4:10's with stock heads too. Ran 11's with ease.