Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

And finally........

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember a video you posted about a month or so ago where it was blowing oil out. So did you have to yank the motor or what was the oil issue? You are crazy, good enertainment
Old 06-10-2009, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus That vid had me rolling! I hate this ******* truck! LOL Very nice though man ******* women! LOL
Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LustrousWS6
Nice, man! How hard was the swap? Was it just drop in the motor with a new ecu/harness or a whole lot more BS? Love it.
Now that I have done the swap, it was worth it. Had I known what I was getting myself into.............we may not be having this conversation.

At first the project started out like any other go fast project.....FUN! There is so much room I didn't know how to act. Then the Hell in the HELL BLAZER started. The upper end came of easy as pie. The 4X4 is what slowed us down. The F'n 4 wheel diff shaft shoots through the oil pan. So no removing the mount bolts and pulling, noooooooooo.
My buddy Rudy, who is a bad *** with this stuff I must say, did most of the removal of the 4X4. He needed money and I didn't want to **** with it.LOL It took a few days to get it apart. You hunt and peck at crap when you don't know your way around a vehicle. Plkus we had the joy of NOT having air tools. That's right boys and girls this project was done in my garage, on jack stands no air tools. It sucked like gay ****.
But after that........it only got more frustrating. The tune was hell for Ed Wright he said. He had to get the fuel map from a SSR. It seems the ls2 5.3 I pulled had active fuel management. We need a non AFM base to start the tuning.
Needless to say she is half tuned because of oil issues. The funny thing is the TB's oil dip stick feed hole is foreward of the block. Once I put it in I thought it was done. Nope. The LS6 dipstick hole was open and it would shoot oil up into the manifolds making it look as though it was coming from them.
It was a fluke I found it really. I know there is a brass plug made for these. I just can't seem to find one. So I had to get redneck until I could find one. I JB welded a screw into the location. That didn't work. It didn't leak as bad though. The problem is you can't fit your dick beater back into the spot. I had to use a magnet. So to solve the problem well................a picture is worth a 1000 words right? LOL It is temporary but it works.

I used a VERY high grade silicone.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michelob Ultra light ? Damn, I wonder how a Corona would work?

Good job on pulling a McGyver Scottie.