Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know i thought it was pretty funny when the chopper lost sight
Old 06-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Launching!

on police chases they never show people losing cops or everyone would try to run away, im sure it happens tons, thats why the first time his car just stopped working for no reason then started up again, and the spike strip was def. setup, if he wanted to he couldve easily lost those cops, it was def. fake but kind of good entertainement, i like the line "when i think of running away from cops, i think camaro"
Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seen a few people get away on TV chases..but its always followed up with a "the suspect was apprehended 30 min later" lol yeah i bet
Old 06-11-2009, 03:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by litemup02
seen a few people get away on TV chases..but its always followed up with a "the suspect was apprehended 30 min later" lol yeah i bet
its impossible to outrun the police.... they always catch you............................................... .................................................. ..........................................

hahha, yea riiiight!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

800hp sure
Old 06-14-2009, 02:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Disappointing to say the least
Old 06-14-2009, 04:18 AM
Teching In

i thought he would have the ***** to find some open road to top out the car or at least really drive the think like a bat out of hell and lost em in 5 min. he's "known" to be a high risk taker thats always ***** to the wall.......WTF? Im surprised all the cars didnt explode everytime they touched something like in the movies.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I DVR'ed it last week and finally watched it...what a let down.
What was his excuse for the car stalling? Twin intanks were providing too much fuel to the rails or something?
That infinity that jesse james passed was staged because that was still in the private streets of the mount site. The following scene after the narrator repeats for the 15th time that it's a public road you see the chopper flying 15 feet above the ground 10 feet in front of the camaro inbetween houses...really? The cops are bitching that he's supposedly on public streets yet they don't mind flying their chopper that low between houses??
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

I'd be willing to bet the filming of the street scenes was done at George AFB, a base that was closed down in the early 90s.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
"The PIT manuever will cause the engine to shut down"

Ugh. I hate when stupid *** cop shows say that. Is the PIT ******* magic and all of a sudden a car shuts down when it goes backwards? Sorry, not happening in the real world, any sensible driver will push the clutch in to prevent this and then turn whichever way the cop car isn't so you can go back the way you were going.
Well actually....... I have done just this.

I'm driving about 20 mins after rain at night on a divided highway. Hit a little dip and guess what???? WATER!!!! I try to keep it from getting bad but it is in a slight turn and I'm headed toward the guard rail on the right. I cut left and do the only thing I can in order to not hit anything, overcorrect. After I do this my car goes from the right lane pointing to the right in a slight left hand turn to traveling BACKWARDS in the left lane. I am now DRIVING (more than a couple seconds) with the dotted lines I can see in my headlights in front of me and actually skillfully flip the car around frontwards. I was actually impressed with myself (other than being a tard and hydroplaning). I started the ordeal at 65ish and drove backwards at about 45.

Yes I know if I heard someone tell me that I probably wouldn't believe it but it happened. Luckily I knew there were no cars nearby other wise I would have just let it hit the guard rail.

Car was stalled and I had to put in nuetral and crank it back up. So backwards in an A4 camaro = stalled engine.

Last edited by Lickeyman; 06-16-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Ha the pit is unshakable huh. They didnt do much research on that did they.

That is like the Wildest Police Video where the guy was in a Chevette and ran from teh cops. The announcer says the cop has to strain his engine to catch it. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 AM

When they first showed his wheels they were chrome and I thought How lame. Then they showed them painted black with a red lip and they looked hot imo. I was really surpised how well they held up with him driving with no tires on them too!