Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Getting a new camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smile Getting a new camera

Gonna be getting this in the next day or so... just trying to study up on lenses and such before I make an impulse buy.

VIDEOS:

HD 1080P @ 20fps and 720P @ 30fps

Click on the "sample videos" in red...

should have some really nice still/footage capabilities
Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are pretty pimp. If I could unload my 20D I would get one of these next. If you're going to be taking some serious photos then Canon or Nikon are the way to go.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Those are pretty pimp. If I could unload my 20D I would get one of these next. If you're going to be taking some serious photos then Canon or Nikon are the way to go.
It's going to be my first REAL camera... I learned at school on the 20D's... those are some nice camera's as well!

Wish I had the money for the 5D Mark II though
Old 06-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Tell me why you are getting this beside the HD video? I hope you do realize that this is one of the canon introductory line cameras. It has a plastic body, has a terrible internal image processing unit and its main selling points are the bells and whistles that most people who don't know anything about photography are attracted to.

My 5D is 12.8 mp, but will take better pictures than any of the XXXD series cameras. If you are planning to spent that amount of money on a camera, consider a used 40d or 50d.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by uracowman
Tell me why you are getting this beside the HD video? I hope you do realize that this is one of the canon introductory line cameras. It has a plastic body, has a terrible internal image processing unit and its main selling points are the bells and whistles that most people who don't know anything about photography are attracted to.

My 5D is 12.8 mp, but will take better pictures than any of the XXXD series cameras. If you are planning to spent that amount of money on a camera, consider a used 40d or 50d.
I realize everything you have mentioned. Plastic body doesn't bother me for half the price of the 40/50 d lines... I don't plan on throwing this thing at the ground. Besides I can use the saved money towards a better lens then what I could afford with a 40d or 50d. I've used the 50d many times and am well aware of it's capabilities. In fact, many of the internals are exactly the same as this T1i if you look. Except for the fact that the T1i has of course the Video option as well. I don't understand how you say your 5D can shoot better pictures. If you knew anything about photography, you'd know that the camera body is 2nd to the lens. Meaning that if yours is shooting better pictures at 12.8mp then you apparently have a better lens than what the T1i comes with from the factory. Which is why I'm using the saved money by going with the plastic body instead of the magnesium towards a good lens.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Launching!

I was considering this camera, but I think I'm gonna step up to the Sony A380 when it arrives.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I realize everything you have mentioned. Plastic body doesn't bother me for half the price of the 40/50 d lines... I don't plan on throwing this thing at the ground. Besides I can use the saved money towards a better lens then what I could afford with a 40d or 50d. I've used the 50d many times and am well aware of it's capabilities. In fact, many of the internals are exactly the same as this T1i if you look. Except for the fact that the T1i has of course the Video option as well. I don't understand how you say your 5D can shoot better pictures. If you knew anything about photography, you'd know that the camera body is 2nd to the lens. Meaning that if yours is shooting better pictures at 12.8mp then you apparently have a better lens than what the T1i comes with from the factory. Which is why I'm using the saved money by going with the plastic body instead of the magnesium towards a good lens.
I am well aware of the fact that the lens is most of the factor that creates image quality but also realize that the camera's internal image processing unit accounts for a huge part of it as well.

Aside from this, many of the high end L glass lenses were specifically made for use and optimization on the 1.3x and full frame cameras, aka 1D and 5D series.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Teching In

This is a fine entry level camera. You'll be very happy with it. The price for this compared to a 40D is very reasonable and I think a step up from this would be a 50D. The difference between the two is marginal the T1i and the 40D. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by izthistaken
This is a fine entry level camera. You'll be very happy with it. The price for this compared to a 40D is very reasonable and I think a step up from this would be a 50D. The difference between the two is marginal the T1i and the 40D. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
good to know! Yea, I figure I'll have this one for a good while. Then if I become pretty decent at using it, and when it's time for an upgrade I'll save up for something like the 5D Mark II. That one's just way out of my $$$ range right now. It's a fantastic camera though!

check out this video shot by a 5D Mark II...

http://vimeo.com/2125645
Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

why u wanna spend that much to buy a camera
if you want it for normal photo shooting buy canon G10 or SX10
5Dmark2 or cameras like that are for expert photographer
i dont recomend that big toys to anybody
Im dealing with canon and nikon,s
so i know what,s going on
i have is5s and im more than happy with it
Old 06-16-2009, 03:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TransAm Bandit
why u wanna spend that much to buy a camera
if you want it for normal photo shooting buy canon G10 or SX10
5Dmark2 or cameras like that are for expert photographer
i dont recomend that big toys to anybody
Im dealing with canon and nikon,s
so i know what,s going on
i have is5s and im more than happy with it
photography is sort of in my field of study... and something I might be planning on going professional with eventually.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
photography is sort of in my field of study... and something I might be planning on going professional with eventually.
You and everyone else with a digital camera.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by -Freak-
+1 lol idk how many of my friends ive heard say that.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a 5d and a 5dII, and I think this is a great choice of camera for you, I look forward to you posting what you capture with it.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Red97Z
I have a 5d and a 5dII, and I think this is a great choice of camera for you, I look forward to you posting what you capture with it.
thanks man... definitely! I just checked and it looks like it arrives on Saturday!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

looks like fedex changed the delivery date to Tuesday!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Launching!

ha, everyone with a digital camera thinks they are a photographer.it is really hard to start out getting wedding gigs because everyone has that "friend" who has a camera and they are doing it for free...***** everyone else with talent in the long run. i just laugh and say. it is your wedding and it is only one day of your life. good luck
Old 06-20-2009, 06:32 AM
Teching In

This is too true. I just do it for myself, friends, and people who think I am good. If it becomes something more than side work or fun, then so be it. All photographers want to make it, but who doesnt want to make it in their field? Good luck with the camera, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

yea we'll see how it goes... Thanks guys!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Launching!

way off topic, but you going to the pavilion tonight or armandos? im debatiing on whether ill go or not..