Dodge Viper vs Bugatti Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 25psi
Supras hold the top 4 standing mile records. I believe SW ran 246mph:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUyf3g5AkI0&fmt=18
Let me know when any of those companies sell their same exact setup as a package to any customer who has the money, and even offers a warranty.

They are in different leagues. Hennessey is advertising something that anyone can get, and get the same exact thing. Boost Logic is out there to push the very limits of the 2JZ, but they sure as hell wouldn't build you an exact copy of that Supra...

Personally, I care more about function, and the viper is just too heavy to be a dedicated sports/race car IMO. Interior quality is just as important if not more important to me than the exterior also. If I wanted something flashy and downright brutal while having a decent interior, I could think of a few things I would prefer over a Viper (GT40, Ford GT, Mosler, GTM, etc).
Old 07-07-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A guy by me has one of those ACR's on order.. He has 3 other race vipers, full blown track cars.. They are bad ***.. But he even says they are junk.. lol
Old 07-07-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Let me know when any of those companies sell their same exact setup as a package to any customer who has the money, and even offers a warranty.

They are in different leagues. Hennessey is advertising something that anyone can get, and get the same exact thing. Boost Logic is out there to push the very limits of the 2JZ, but they sure as hell wouldn't build you an exact copy of that Supra...
Why the bashing? The hennessey viper couldn't even make a full pass without breaking down and your calling out the Supra? And from what I understand Hennessey is a complete tool bag when it comes to customer service and his cars have poor reliability.

There both cool cars and leave it be, comparing or saying one's better than the other is ridiculous.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Why the bashing? The hennessey viper couldn't even make a full pass without breaking down and your calling out the Supra? And from what I understand Hennessey is a complete tool bag when it comes to customer service and his cars have poor reliability.

There both cool cars and leave it be, comparing or saying one's better than the other is ridiculous.
I'm not bashing the supra at all...
I didn't say anything bad about the supra, as a matter of fact, I criticized the viper as being heavy in my post.
Reading comprehension>you

I believe you came in and compared the supra to the viper originally, this is a thread about the viper and not the supra, right?
I just said that you can't really compare a readily available performance package car to an all out, one of a kind, race team car. Regardless of the cars being discussed.
If livernoius went out there and did what the supra did in a mustang, I would say the same thing if you tried to compare it to a Lingenfelter vette, etc.

And yes, I've heard Hennessey has turned out very poor quality cars over the years.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill take this over ANY car ANY day.

Working on my friends old fox body.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

some fast ******* supras....
Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

Back to the original point, the Viper is a handful from 0-200. In a Veyron, you could drink a cup of coffee and talk on your cell phone all while driving with your knee from 0-200.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

True story, but that blue/white Viper on the cover of that magazine is what prompted me to buy the same car. I've always wanted a Viper coupe since they came out in '96, so with the blue/white cars came out again in '06 I bought one. My Z06 makes a better daily driver, but it becomes invisible when next to the Viper. Corvettes are on every corner, there isn't any exclusivity or anything unique about them. Don't drive a Viper if you dislike attention on the roads. lol

Tony

Quick Reply: Dodge Viper vs Bugatti Veyron