Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Jeep Cherokee putting up a Cash for clunkers fight!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a Dodge Van running wide open for 40 mins with no oil/water and still doesn't blow, so they take it for a drive LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OhW9u9R49w
Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Launching!

imagine if they did that in the 70's with shelby cobras or other gas guzzlers like hemis or cobra jets maybe a "old corvette zl1 junker"

some of these seem like perfectly reasonabale cars that could help out in some other trickle down manner maybe as mandatory transport cars for goverment officals ....hell they should recycle first imagine all the money they could save if the stop spending soooo much and started trying to save

seems dumb as **** to me
Old 07-31-2009, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
Abso-******-lutely retarded. i have an idea let's blow it up instead of giving it to someone who needs it, who will in turn have transportation to work, who will then earn money and spend it, thus stimulating the economy. Or sell it them selves and get money, and spend it....thus...can we guess class? yes! stimulating the economy! yay!
And if the car is that crappy then more than likely they'll go buy a new damn car anyway when they can afford it... now we're down to destroying things in order to hopefully force people to one day purchase a vehicle of a 'government and/or automotive company's preference'. Gettin' people comin' and goin'.... what's new.
what he said...... that was stupid. It looked like a nice jeep.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

what sucks is im in need of a DD and that jeep would be great! but instead these dumb ***'s are blowing it up for no ******* reason. GOOD JOB OBAMA YOU ******* IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Noxious
The median age of all cars in 1969 was 5.1 years.

In 1991 it was 6.5 years.

In 2005 it was 9 years. It's estimated at 9.5+ now. That means probably half the cars on the road are 10+ years old if you combine trucks into that.
All you've said here is that newer cars are more reliable and now that's a bad thing?? I don't think so.

What these ******** should do is hire a dumbass like me, give me a set of power tools and I'll tear a "clunker" to pieces in half a day. Sell them to places like LKQ who sell used car parts on a large basis and make a profit or at least some of that $3500-$4500 back from the clunker refund ****.

To whoever said "the tranny might've been on the verge of falling out" I say so what? Have you never done a major repair to a car of yours? So if the engine blows or the tranny starts slipping it's time for a new car? I think not, a tranny for that Jeep is what like $1500? Not hard at all to put in and you got another....Well not many miles because it's a piece of **** Mopar tranny, but if you put an AW4 tranny in there you'd be good to go.

Alright going off base now, I still fully disagree with this CFC horse ****, it makes absolutely NO sense what they do with the cars. Saving a couple hundred dollars at the pump per year is NOT worth crushing a perfectly good car and giving the consumer a car payment on a new piece of **** that they didn't have before.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Regular

here is the same retarded mother ******* with a perfectly good truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t11r3...eature=channel
Old 07-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Whoever rented them that roll off container is going to be pissed when they see their company name and number is covered up by this government apporved ball sucking program...

Edit: Just watched this guys video, makes some sense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Im0...eature=related

Also I watched another video from those Alabama douche bags and they junked a 97+ Cavalier...Wtf, is that a clunker that gets less than 18mpg? I highly ******* doubt it unless it's at redline in 1st gear for the whole tank full. I didn't think much of this CFC program until I read into it, it's ******* retarded.

Last edited by KFC_Or_Bust; 07-31-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

damn i would take that car right now, if all theyre gonna do is blow it up. would make a great DD. i guess i should go throw a brick on the firehawk's gas pedal for a little bit...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:43 AM
Launching!

Did not like this at all, **** up a perfect running car cause it polutes a little. Why dont we donate them to other countries that cant afford new vehicles? I guess "climate change" is more important. Just to let you know they ran out of money so they decided to take another $2,000,000,000 of our tax dollars to pay for this Bullshit. Government=Fuckups.

**** Obama
**** tree huggers
Old 08-01-2009, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

The videos are fine, but drop the politics or threads will be locked. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Jeep Cherokee putting up a Cash for clunkers fight!