Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Rule change?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009 | 11:23 PM
On The Tree

+1 on that being BS
Old 08-28-2009 | 12:58 AM
12 Second Club

why not create another sub forum in the lounge then? like "non LSX multimedia"...i mean, this forum already doesnt count towards post count, so why not add another one, but only multimdeia so we dont haev to sift through the crap in the lounge to find cool pics, vids, etc.

i dont know just an idea, although i COMPLETELY & ENTIRELY agree with the fact that no one reads the rules. i think just locking threads was the best way to show the rule change. this thread is proof.
Old 08-28-2009 | 01:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

There are way too many sub-forum's as it is and now we are separating multimedia into categories?
That rule should of stayed long forgotten, it's not hurting anyone, just pissing everyone off. I've yet to see one person cheer this new found "house cleaning" project.
Old 08-28-2009 | 01:56 AM
Launching!

+1

Mods need to lighten up. As long as the person put some honest effort into the vid and what they're displaying, as long as it's automotive and not a mockary(sp?) of sorts, people should be allowed to post it. We're car guys, not strictly LSX guys. Having a forum that has "tunnel vision" for only LSX-related crap would only lead to ignorance.
Old 08-28-2009 | 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honest effort like the PBR vid? Should that one stay or go? I didn't even bother moving that one to the Lounge with a re-direct or delete it as spam, I just locked it. I would have done the same per the old rules too.

I'm kind of impartial to this rule change; this forum doesn't see enough traffic where it really makes a difference to me. I actually didn't know about the rule change myself until last night when I saw all of the threads being locked and this thread, so thanks! The old rules were more lenient, but is it really a big deal to everyone that we move non-LXx videos into the Lounge? I mean, if you want LXx media come here and if you want everything else go to the Lounge.

Pretty simple really. It's about organization, not some perceived power trip.

Last edited by LS1 Sounds; 08-28-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2009 | 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WSsick
why not create another sub forum in the lounge then? like "non LSX multimedia"...i mean, this forum already doesnt count towards post count, so why not add another one, but only multimdeia so we dont haev to sift through the crap in the lounge to find cool pics, vids, etc.

i dont know just an idea, although i COMPLETELY & ENTIRELY agree with the fact that no one reads the rules. i think just locking threads was the best way to show the rule change. this thread is proof.
i agree
Old 08-28-2009 | 10:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Honest effort like the PBR vid? Should that one stay or go? I didn't even bother moving that one to the Lounge with a re-direct or delete it as spam, I just locked it. I would have one the same per the old rules too.

I'm kind of impartial to this rule change; this forum doesn't see enough traffic where it really makes a difference to me. I actually didn't know about the rule change myself until last night when I saw all of the threads being locked and this thread, so thanks! The old rules were more lenient, but is it really a big deal to everyone that we move non-LXx videos into the Lounge? I mean, if you want LXx media come here and if you want everything else go to the Lounge.

Maybe this is a better way to look at it: there isn't a lot of traffic in the Multimedia section and some days there are as little as zero to three new posts made, so as long as those posts are automotive related and add value to the overall community, why not just let them post it here? As it is I wish people would post more in this section with new stuff and having to jump around from section to section just to see if I can scrounge out 10 minutes of something new (whether LXx related or not) would suck...

I'd completely understand if you had to sort though a bunch of non-LXx crap just to find a few LXx related videos but I think I speak for most of us when I say that's far from the case.

Either that or create the non-LXx sub-forum in HERE like you would the For Sale section in the Regional areas if you really wanna be **** about organization.
Old 08-28-2009 | 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Honest effort like the PBR vid? Should that one stay or go? I didn't even bother moving that one to the Lounge with a re-direct or delete it as spam, I just locked it. I would have one the same per the old rules too.

Well I still find it absurd that just b/c it's not LS/LT related but still falls under multimedia that its no longer allowed in the multimedia section. The lounge isnt specified as a alternate multimedia section. The lounge was supposed to be for converstation on different topics & this section was to be for multimedia. But now it's not for all multimedia?
Old 08-28-2009 | 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

I think the mods are just trying harder to make everyone leave the forum.. Only explanation on these gay rules that have SUDDENLY been poping up
Old 08-28-2009 | 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I normally don't do much in here but delete spam posts. This new rule will give me something to do.
Old 08-28-2009 | 02:53 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by fccs
I think the mods are just trying harder to make everyone leave the forum.. Only explanation on these gay rules that have SUDDENLY been poping up
Yea...thats definitely my master plan...

Old 08-28-2009 | 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

LOOL StoleIT
Old 08-28-2009 | 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Yea...thats definitely my master plan...

Sure seems it..
Old 08-28-2009 | 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have to agree with almost everyone in here. Ls1tech already has enough subsections, there is no need to make it more complicated by putting multimedia threads in the lounge. Whoever said that Multimedia gets little traffic, stuff like this is the reason, actions like this are killing this section. If you make the section so specific that only 10 new threads a week "belong" there then people will stop going to that section. To the mod that mentioned the PBR thread, no one said that random non-car related threads should be allowed here and I don't think anyone argues the locking of that thread.

The bottom line is this, there are already enough threads that aren't in the right section IMO, I find that I have to sift through 10 pages of "new posts" every day to find what I want to see. This is very unnecessary, if i want to find multimedia then I should be able to look at page one of multimedia for ALL new multimedia threads, I shouldn't have to sift through pages and pages of "new posts."
Old 08-28-2009 | 09:15 PM
NKAWTG...N

The mods are discussing changing the rules.

We will keep you updated.

Democracy in action (behind the scenes).
Old 08-28-2009 | 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Glad to hear it!
Old 08-29-2009 | 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

Openmindness (sp?) at work
Old 08-29-2009 | 03:13 AM
TECH Fanatic
20 Year Member

Good to hear. I like how it used to be a long time ago, where automotive related things were allowed in here and site appropriate non-auto stuff went in the lounge. That's the best way to do it in my mind because there's a lot of videos I see posted in here that I wouldn't in the lounge simply because I come here more than I go there. I think the same could be said for a lot of people.
Old 08-29-2009 | 09:45 AM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Need to add a "Almost Anything Goes" section like the site that I am finding myself at more often these days................
Old 08-29-2009 | 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS.6#384
Need to add a "Almost Anything Goes" section like the site that I am finding myself at more often these days................
They have one, it's called the racers lounge.