Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

150 shot z28 vs pullied ported cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe my car has spoiled me then? SS with Koni DAs, Stranos, adj torque arm, etc, but like I said, its all in the IRS of those cars. I HATE the IRS. Like I said, they do RIDE good, but they don't HANDLE good IMO. As far as feeling safer in the Mustang, she totaled that car at 130 and it felt like we just went over a speed bump instead of hopping a curb backwards, and we all walked away surprisingly. But to be honest Lemons, until you've DRIVEN a Cobra a few times, you might not wanna call people idiots. And as far as far superior, I don't really agree with that as well. Yea, sure, there supercharged, and yada yada, but when it comes to stuff like the interior, I can't stand them.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mechanically IRS will handle much better than a solid rear, regardless of your personal bias. The overall quality of the Cobra's are much better than our fbodies, and the power plants are nothing to be messed with when they are boosted.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Mechanically IRS will handle much better than a solid rear, regardless of your personal bias. The overall quality of the Cobra's are much better than our fbodies, and the power plants are nothing to be messed with when they are boosted.
Mechanically, yes, if its designed and setup right it will, but the Cobra isn't setup very well, at least in my opinion. I'm sure you can make them handle amazing with most likely very few suspension mods, just like our F-bodies, but stock (all I've driven) I don't like them.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by squee
Maybe my car has spoiled me then? SS with Koni DAs, Stranos, adj torque arm, etc, but like I said, its all in the IRS of those cars. I HATE the IRS. Like I said, they do RIDE good, but they don't HANDLE good IMO. As far as feeling safer in the Mustang, she totaled that car at 130 and it felt like we just went over a speed bump instead of hopping a curb backwards, and we all walked away surprisingly. But to be honest Lemons, until you've DRIVEN a Cobra a few times, you might not wanna call people idiots. And as far as far superior, I don't really agree with that as well. Yea, sure, there supercharged, and yada yada, but when it comes to stuff like the interior, I can't stand them.
You are right... What am I thinking, I most certainly have never driven one.. Come to think of it, I was just making it up about riding around for a good 2 hours the other night and racing a few people..

Sorry man, I'm in denial.............

Old 10-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Now you have my attention

I've talked to many ford tech's as well as cobra owners who say the stock IRS is downright scary.

There is modifications out there to improve them though.

In term's of handling, IRS will normally out preform solid axel.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by unit213
Completely disagree with both statements. My Cobra handles much better than my '00 Z28 did...and there aren't
too many cars I run across on the street that can run me down in a straight line.
irs helps doesn't it lol
Old 10-31-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Viscious
I've talked to many ford tech's as well as cobra owners who say the stock IRS is downright scary.

There is modifications out there to improve them though.

In term's of handling, IRS will normally out preform solid axel.
Thank you...Finally someone who isn't completely ignorant. The COBRA IRS is **** stock. With some mods, I don't know. IRS SHOULD normally outperform a SRA, but apparently in this case it DOESN'T. Thats why most go to the SRA.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thank you...Finally someone who isn't completely ignorant. The COBRA IRS is **** stock. With some mods, I don't know. IRS SHOULD normally outperform a SRA, but apparently in this case it DOESN'T. Thats why most go to the SRA.
He isn't ignorant because he agrees with you. Doesn't validate that either of you have a clue what you are talking about.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

anyway, that camaro is beast out of the hole. makes me want nitrous.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

ive never driven an 03/04 cobra, but my dads pullied, CAI, catback, and tuned 08 shelby handles like a ******* dream!! i would stab anyone on this forum to trade cars with my dad. lol
Old 10-31-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by lemons12
He isn't ignorant because he agrees with you. Doesn't validate that either of you have a clue what you are talking about.
You're right, you rode in one once. I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

You're right, you rode in one once. I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about.
What the **** is up with you morons assuming I have never drove one and I have only rode in one once.. I rode in it once in one night... Well, actually it was three times..

My best friend has one, I have been in it/raced it/ etc etc etc more than once or twice.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Have you ever had one come around on you in the rain? Or even in dry street conditions?

They handle great, I never said that they didn't, but they are unpredictable at times, WAY worse than any stick axel or IRS car that I've driven. Shops that I've been to (griggs racing, PSR) have told me that they are downright unpredictable. Mind you this could be a way that they make money (solid axel swaps)

It's funny how YOU assume that I've never driven one/raced in one either.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Have you ever had one come around on you in the rain? Or even in dry street conditions?

They handle great, I never said that they didn't, but they are unpredictable at times, WAY worse than any stick axel or IRS car that I've driven. Shops that I've been to (griggs racing, PSR) have told me that they are downright unpredictable. Mind you this could be a way that they make money (solid axel swaps)

Yes, the roads were damp last night and we did a few 40 pulls.. It also has major traction issues through 1st and 2nd on dry pavement.

There you go assuming again.. I assumed that you had judging from your posts, why would I assume otherwise?
Old 10-31-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know about Lemons, but I've had one come around on me. Rain AND dry. I wasn't even doing anything stupid, just driving normal, and it just came around. I don't really mind that, but its unpredictable and isn't very controllable. I've driven all kinds of cars, Vettes, GTOs, F-Bodies, Syclone, yada yada, and out of all of them, it handled by far the worst and was also VERY sketchy in high speed turns. Straight line it would wander, but thats not that bad, but thats about it. Hell, the Syclone would run circles around that damn Cobra and its a damn truck...The GTO has similar problems, but, but not nearly as bad as the Cobra. The GTO just had major traction problems and wheel hop cause of the IRS, but the Cobra was just down right scary in anything other than a straight line.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Regardless how you look at it, I will always hate Cobras because of one major defect.......that damn blue oval on it....
Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by baalic
Regardless how you look at it, I will always hate Cobras because of one major defect.......that damn blue oval on it....
True dat...
Old 10-31-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't know about Lemons, but I've had one come around on me. Rain AND dry. I wasn't even doing anything stupid, just driving normal, and it just came around. I don't really mind that, but its unpredictable and isn't very controllable. I've driven all kinds of cars, Vettes, GTOs, F-Bodies, Syclone, yada yada, and out of all of them, it handled by far the worst and was also VERY sketchy in high speed turns. Straight line it would wander, but thats not that bad, but thats about it. Hell, the Syclone would run circles around that damn Cobra and its a damn truck...The GTO has similar problems, but, but not nearly as bad as the Cobra. The GTO just had major traction problems and wheel hop cause of the IRS, but the Cobra was just down right scary in anything other than a straight line.
I know, it sucks to just be driving down the road at 45mph just cruising along and your car about do a damn 180 for no apparent reason what so ever.

Crazy ****.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

talk about a hijack
Old 11-01-2009, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by streetassasin
talk about a hijack
No **** guys.... What was this thread about again??