Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Street racing accident - car flips

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Because they can. A better street should have been chosen for more shutdown area. I have seen faster cars than that run on the street.
Well no kidding! You can do anything you want here its America. But why would you want to run a car that is obviously set up for drag racing to the street? When you risk killing yourself or others with no one on scene to help? Take out a powerline or a local business and those people can suffer without even being there or know what happened.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, glad he made it out alright.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wish there were more tracks around, I would have to travel three hours just to get to a 1/4 mile track.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Ahh that **** will buff out!!!!

Good thing he walked away
Old 12-01-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a badass car.

Originally Posted by BADMOON
It almost looked as if the cars brakes went out and to avoid runnin straight on into somethin he chose to roll it.
You can hear the tires locking up in the video, it had brakes.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Well no kidding! You can do anything you want here its America. But why would you want to run a car that is obviously set up for drag racing to the street? When you risk killing yourself or others with no one on scene to help? Take out a powerline or a local business and those people can suffer without even being there or know what happened.
There you go again, because they can. It's setup for drag but it probably more for the street. They do it for the thrill and bragging rights. I was building my car to race on the street down here. After what just happened recently down here that I put in my previous post I don't think I will be on the street anymore.

You can die on the track just as easily as the street. What you have to worry about the most is the bystanders. They don't pay attention to 2 cars coming down the quarter at 140+ and disaster happens. This is the biggest reason I will not go back to the street.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, that would suck very badly. That car was a mean sob to be on the street. But it wasnt as bad of damage as i was expecting to see. Looked still fixable.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
There you go again, because they can. It's setup for drag but it probably more for the street. They do it for the thrill and bragging rights. I was building my car to race on the street down here. After what just happened recently down here that I put in my previous post I don't think I will be on the street anymore.

You can die on the track just as easily as the street. What you have to worry about the most is the bystanders. They don't pay attention to 2 cars coming down the quarter at 140+ and disaster happens. This is the biggest reason I will not go back to the street.
how so? do you have EMS and a ful rescue squad that follows you around on your street races? nope! are they at the track and prepared to handle any emergency? yes.

track > street
Old 12-02-2009, 05:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it smart to street race, maybe not. But damn do we have to act like a bunch of asses about it. It happens it won't be stopped. This is a video of it showing a car that flipped and no one was hurt. The spot they chose wasn't the best. That is all, quit being so self righteous we have all indulged in some form of behavior that wasn't smart and could of gotten us killed. Damn I feel like I'm back in Catholic school around here sometimes.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
how so? do you have EMS and a ful rescue squad that follows you around on your street races? nope! are they at the track and prepared to handle any emergency? yes.

track > street
You missed the boat when it left dude. You are still standing on the dock.

When you roll your car 8 times end over end and you die instantly what difference does it make whether you are at the track or the street? The EMS that arrive on the street or at the track both pronounce you dead. So there is no difference there. The difference is the bystanders. At the track they are protected by the wall, on the street, they are standing 4 feet from you when you are coming thru the quarter at 130-140. That is what I worry about the most. Killing somebody's brother, sister, cousin, uncle, or child will immediately get you put behind bars.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

you are an ignorant......if you wreck your car on the street, and suffer life threatening injuries....wheres the EMS at to rush you to the hospital and SAVE your life? its not there. at the track....it is. i think you missed the boat.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

who let all the old guys in here waving their flags about street racing. Sick cars to have on the street. Luckily he was smart enough and prepared
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

im 22 years old....yonger and obviously more mature than most posting in this thread!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cash Days is no joke, it's local, but that type of dig racing on the street I just can't wrap my mind around. You are doing the EXACT same thing as you are at the track, so why not go to the track? I love dig racing, but at the track, roll racing is fun too, but it is generally with cars more setup for the street and because of the nature of it (already going) the roads are generally longer.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think harping to people on here about street racing is like walking up to a church and telling them God isn't real and they shouldn't believe in him. Wasting your time and being annoying. If you don't like it, just let it be. Not trying to be a jerk, but there's a lot of stuff I dont agree with on here, but I don't post everytime.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So when is the dvd comming out?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

dont get me wrong, i dont mind watching it......but taking part in it is not for me anymore. for one, i like my job too much to risk losing it by street racing. two...too many uncontrolables like we already mentioned.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
you are an ignorant......if you wreck your car on the street, and suffer life threatening injuries....wheres the EMS at to rush you to the hospital and SAVE your life? its not there. at the track....it is. i think you missed the boat.
When you get in a regular auto accident and suffer life threatening injuries where is EMS? They are not there either.

Yes, if you have life thereatening injuries at the track and EMS is there they have better reaction time to try and save your life.

In the video, a 911 call would have to be made if he had injuries to him that need medical attention, just like if it was a regular auto accident.

What I am trying to get across is that if you are drag racing no matter whether street or track and you slam into the wall or flip over 8 times and die, it is the same thing. There is no saving your life, you are dead. So you can die just as easily at the track or on the street.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

im done arguing. obviously i must have more to lose with my life, hence why i dont particiapte!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not sure what your trying to accomplish, but these arent honda boys trying to drift down the interstate, this caliber of street racing contains some of the most precautious and educated people out there. They know the risks, they have the safety equipment, and they surely dont care about E-moms telling them they are stupid...im sure they race at the track regularly too, but there is a whole different level of competition and thrill to racing on the street (money too)....hell, isnt that how DRAG RACING got started?!?