11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Welcome to the tiny motor club!
Holy Crap dude, I didn't know you bought a Balt... Rock On.. Wooo Hoo
Old 02-18-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Very Nice, w/ the right mods those tc ss's have potential.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice im looking to pick up a supercharged one as a dd they are alot cheaper and im not looking for something fast i have a 100hp saturn as my dd so anythings an upgrade lol
Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

looks nice
Old 02-19-2010, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Holy Crap dude, I didn't know you bought a Balt... Rock On.. Wooo Hoo
Hell ya man

The sedan is much more practical than the GTO with my little girl. HPT is just helping to close the gap on performance

Besides, 1 of 15 is way awesome!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Hell ya man

The sedan is much more practical than the GTO with my little girl. HPT is just helping to close the gap on performance

Besides, 1 of 15 is way awesome!

Rollen, in my 2 point Oh, My moon roof back so my hair can blow. LOL
Old 02-19-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

What's more fun to drive, the SS T/C or the LS1 F body cars? For those that had/have both.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

has anyone put a big turbo on these things yet?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Same exact balt my cousin has, only difference he has the spoiler not the wing, looks pretty nice either way. He also has a Stage 1 kit (GM kit), going to install in a few weeks when the weather breaks.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Striker
What's more fun to drive, the SS T/C or the LS1 F body cars? For those that had/have both.
i love the power of my ls1 as well as the sound of that rumbling v8. i like the sound of the turbo on the cobalt though. i like the room in the cobalt better, its more compact as well, so it makes turns easier and you can't see where the car ends unlike the camaro where the hood goes forever. the camaro looks more mean though, i like how my camaro has leather as well, the cobalts don't have leather options, the sides of the seats are leather but the middle is suede which is really nice too but its partial cloth at the head rest. i like how the camaro has power front seat but the cobalt doesn't offer that.

i'm sure with the right mods this cobalt will get up and go to scare my camaro off the line but as it is right now, i miss dropping the camaro down to 4th on the highway and pulling away. the cobalt has turbo lag so the get up and go at high speeds is delayed, it is fun though

cobalt = practical dd
camaro = not practical dd if modded
cobalt = nice and compact
camaro = sportier styling
cobalt = nice sounding turbo
camaro = sound of a v8 rumble

my camaro is dropped so i scrape a lot on my exhaust. for daily driving i would pick the cobalt any day. as far as performance, the camaro hands down though

i'm glad i have both and didn't have to sell the camaro...although she is down and out at the moment
Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver35thZ
i love the power of my ls1 as well as the sound of that rumbling v8. i like the sound of the turbo on the cobalt though. i like the room in the cobalt better, its more compact as well, so it makes turns easier and you can't see where the car ends unlike the camaro where the hood goes forever. the camaro looks more mean though, i like how my camaro has leather as well, the cobalts don't have leather options, the sides of the seats are leather but the middle is suede which is really nice too but its partial cloth at the head rest. i like how the camaro has power front seat but the cobalt doesn't offer that.

i'm sure with the right mods this cobalt will get up and go to scare my camaro off the line but as it is right now, i miss dropping the camaro down to 4th on the highway and pulling away. the cobalt has turbo lag so the get up and go at high speeds is delayed, it is fun though

cobalt = practical dd
camaro = not practical dd if modded
cobalt = nice and compact
camaro = sportier styling
cobalt = nice sounding turbo
camaro = sound of a v8 rumble

my camaro is dropped so i scrape a lot on my exhaust. for daily driving i would pick the cobalt any day. as far as performance, the camaro hands down though

i'm glad i have both and didn't have to sell the camaro...although she is down and out at the moment
Well put. I may do something like this in October when I turn 25 for insurance purposes. I dont know how it is in the states but up here in Canada, when we hit that magical 25, it cuts insurance cost in half!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish they made a turbo G5 haha. I like the G5 better than the Cobalt... maybe its cause im a firebird guy. I love the low profile wing DONT HATE!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

it looks cute
Old 02-20-2010, 03:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are cool little DD's

A tune alone really woke up my turbo Cobalt SS. It made 251 WTQ / 256 WTQ stock. See the graph below, check out the torque difference!

They are cool for what they are and will take a ton of abuse. I beat mine like I stole it daily and it gets high 20 (27-28mpg) in the city and 32+ on the expressway!

Here is my graph from only a tune. We tuned it the day I got it, but I think once the weather warms up, we're going to throw some more at it..

This one time... on a closed course I raced our G8 GXP when it made 410 RWHP from a roll 55-60ish - 120 mph and it couldn't pull away from me.

-Rick
Old 02-20-2010, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^just got my stage 1 installed......and wow.

it is like a whole different car. spool is instant, 1st gear is useless. 2nd gear spins and it pulls to 23psi.

i have no doubts from a roll, it would pull slightly from a stock f-body.
i already pulled on an ls1 goat when stock. if i ran into him again after tune, it wouldn't be pretty.

welcome to the club OP
Old 02-20-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hugger1975
^^^just got my stage 1 installed......and wow.

it is like a whole different car. spool is instant, 1st gear is useless. 2nd gear spins and it pulls to 23psi.

i have no doubts from a roll, it would pull slightly from a stock f-body.
i already pulled on an ls1 goat when stock. if i ran into him again after tune, it wouldn't be pretty.

welcome to the club OP
Hows the car in the snow? Also, what exactly does the GMS1 do? I hope it gets rid of the noticeable turbo lag it has.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WSsick
has anyone put a big turbo on these things yet?
yes, it was fast enough to take down H/C ls1 cars on the roll but the stock tranny blew up after about 6 months.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
Hows the car in the snow? Also, what exactly does the GMS1 do? I hope it gets rid of the noticeable turbo lag it has.
snow = fail
very light car and they come with summer tires on 18in rims.......which i still have on

the stage upgrades some sensors and a more aggressive tune.
boost sees 24psi and lag is non-existant. this is how she shoulda came from the factory!

summer is gona be fun with all the shocked faces im gona see
Old 03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Nice looking car! I like them more with the low rise/shaved decklid but other than that I love those cars. I looked pretty hard for an SC/SS about a year ago but ended up finding a Redline for a steal and picked that up. Fun little cars for sure, make sure you invest in some blizzaks for winter driving though! They are helpless without them in the snow.

Quick Reply: meet the new DD '09 Cobalt SS