Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

twin turbo viper B*TCH SLAPS DYNO

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkjck
dont mean to start a fight or anything...

supras can do 1500+rwhp on a 3.4 (if having the 3.4 stroker) with 1 big turbo..the viper has over 8l (i think im not good at engine sizes that much) and 2 turbos and only makin 200 more rwhp full tilt

its impressive but other cars can do it
Apples to oranges. These have done near that on pump (thinking about it Lee Saunders is probably around 1500whp) and don't have to spray to avoid tremendous lag.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 AM
TECH Resident

This is so awesome, i would love to have like a 1700rwhp viper one day, would definitaly suprise some supras on the highway.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:39 AM
TECH Regular

Someone give it too Kill and have him wreck it.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Launching!

its a GTSR block, with JM heads, dry sumped, billet crank, billet rods

it can rev past 7.5k but in order to keep it safe/reliable for "frequent use" redline is set around 7k

billet compreesor wheels turbos, and tial wastegate......if he wants i think he can go up to twin 80mm in the turbos...which imho would be useless

the turbo kit is from A.R.T. near austin great guys dont think they do much ls engine stuff but they do alot of vipers and ive seen a couple of ford GTs TT'd there
Old 03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Ford GT
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by abbaskhan
its a GTSR block, with JM heads, dry sumped, billet crank, billet rods

it can rev past 7.5k but in order to keep it safe/reliable for "frequent use" redline is set around 7k

billet compreesor wheels turbos, and tial wastegate......if he wants i think he can go up to twin 80mm in the turbos...which imho would be useless

the turbo kit is from A.R.T. near austin great guys dont think they do much ls engine stuff but they do alot of vipers and ive seen a couple of ford GTs TT'd there
So about how much would it cost to build one of these almost 2000hp vipers?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Launching!

it was done over a period of time

the block was a real find... its hard to find any of these blocks for sale anywhere
parts like that add up...

its a decent amount of cash but as everyone knows speed cost $$ im sure he wouldnt want me to tell anyone how much the exact amount is.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

it was done over a period of time

the block was a real find... its hard to find any of these blocks for sale anywhere
parts like that add up...

its a decent amount of cash but as everyone knows speed cost $$ im sure he wouldnt want me to tell anyone how much the exact amount is.
How about an estimation, lets say i just show up to the shop with a viper and say "i want 1700rwhp, about how much will it run me?" lol

But there is one thing i do not understand, how do these cars hook? Like with that kind of power and torque i think running slicks off of a 60mph roll would be akin to me running my spares in the rear....in the rain...
Old 03-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
how do these cars hook?
Oh thats an easy answer! They dont
Old 03-04-2010, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

supras can do 1500+rwhp on a 3.4 (if having the 3.4 stroker) with 1 big turbo..the viper has over 8l (i think im not good at engine sizes that much) and 2 turbos and only makin 200 more rwhp full tilt

he's right.. supras can do it with ease...

then run 11's...
Old 03-04-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice, sucks it cant hook with 3 dudes in the back
Old 03-04-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Holy Dang!! Thats some serious power!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sickness. that makes damn good power everywhere. im pretty sure id **** my pants if i was in that thing going WOT

Originally Posted by urock NO IROC88
nice, i'm sure all the supra fan boi's will be jealous.

but if you want it to be more streetable why not street tune it?
dyno > street. both accomplish the same thing, one just does it a lot better. thats why most cars go to a dyno to be tuned...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Nice, sucks it cant hook with 3 dudes in the back
he usually fills the back with dead hookers. 12 of them
sure helps with traction
Old 03-04-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Sick Power
Old 03-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Couple things, I can only thing of 4 supra's off hand that have dynoed over 1500rwhp. And all of them are using nitrous as well to achieve that. Only one of them may be making that all boost but it's a twin turbo set up. I like both Supras and vipers a lot. But the viper does have a more useable power curve then a big hp supra, just comes iwth the extra cylinders and displacement.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

don't mean to start a fight or anything...but that viper is sick!
more pics and vids plz
Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Launching!

what most poeople dont realize is that these 1400rwhp (or more) 40+ psi supras run with nitrous WITHOUT filters on the turbo and hoods poped up......

the current supra dyno record is WITH A 300 DIRECT PORT (atleast thats what they admit to) the car has never run in that trim anywhere hmmmmmm wonder why

at this level of HP just under high hood temps means a loss of 100rwhp
add a filter to the turbo(s) and thers another restriction worth at least 100-200rwhp

what most supra fan boys dont understand is MEP .. look up engine MEP if you wanna
to make it simple the more power a smaller motor make the more it goes KABOOOM
and if you dont belive me do a search on youtube for supras blowing up

then you get the fan boys who point out all the records supras hold
well its simple gearing and a lack of torque
supras blow up more than they break driveline parts all they have to do is hold for a few seconds at 30+psi and kids get impressed...forget the fact they go kaboom soon after

with these big cubed cars its opposite the trannys cant hold the power they make (torque wise) and they spin tires trying to apply the power wasting time... goin for record ??? most likely 6th will break and your shot at the record is gone

in the next few months trannys and parts will catch up with the power(HINT HINT)
these big cube cars make

the stronger parts will allow these cars to break the records.......hopefully

and if supra fans bois dont shut up then well ....internet supra nut swingers need to fear the next big cubed car on my wish list

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10905081...shark-revealed
Old 03-05-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
How about an estimation, lets say i just show up to the shop with a viper and say "i want 1700rwhp, about how much will it run me?" lol

But there is one thing i do not understand, how do these cars hook? Like with that kind of power and torque i think running slicks off of a 60mph roll would be akin to me running my spares in the rear....in the rain...

Youtube the Hennesy Viper trying to break the standing mile record and it was breaking the tires loose shifting into 5th gear at 150mph and they were having to back out of it. They were faster with the boost turned down so they could hook better.....
Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

what most poeople dont realize is that these 1400rwhp (or more) 40+ psi supras run with nitrous WITHOUT filters on the turbo and hoods poped up......

the current supra dyno record is WITH A 300 DIRECT PORT (atleast thats what they admit to) the car has never run in that trim anywhere hmmmmmm wonder why

at this level of HP just under high hood temps means a loss of 100rwhp
add a filter to the turbo(s) and thers another restriction worth at least 100-200rwhp

what most supra fan boys dont understand is MEP .. look up engine MEP if you wanna
to make it simple the more power a smaller motor make the more it goes KABOOOM
and if you dont belive me do a search on youtube for supras blowing up

then you get the fan boys who point out all the records supras hold
well its simple gearing and a lack of torque
supras blow up more than they break driveline parts all they have to do is hold for a few seconds at 30+psi and kids get impressed...forget the fact they go kaboom soon after

with these big cubed cars its opposite the trannys cant hold the power they make (torque wise) and they spin tires trying to apply the power wasting time... goin for record ??? most likely 6th will break and your shot at the record is gone

in the next few months trannys and parts will catch up with the power(HINT HINT)
these big cube cars make

the stronger parts will allow these cars to break the records.......hopefully

and if supra fans bois dont shut up then well ....internet supra nut swingers need to fear the next big cubed car on my wish list

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10905081...shark-revealed
I am not a supra fan boy, but I'll point out that I've witnessed guys run at 7-8 second power in supra's for over a year, with constant racing. I've seen it done with most well bult and tuned engines though. Viper already are fast, no need to prove that they are. You have Lee Saunders running 7's on pump and mid 7's with the wick turned up. Sal has run 7.5's on radials in a 3700lb GenII coupe. Both platforms have proven they can make power and go fast.

Quick Reply: twin turbo viper B*TCH SLAPS DYNO