Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Anyone seen this vid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone seen this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dv7S8votig

These cars are awesome.. I wanna go STS on my car so bad!

Vince

Last edited by 94lt105; 03-04-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: No video
Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

never understood why people put dumb **** music behind videos of cars. I want to hear the damn cars. if i wanted to listen to music I would turn on MTV....well the radio......ok youtube. You get what Im saying.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Ya I hear ya, I hate it as well.. especially when cars are turbo'd we wanna hear them spool n blow off lol.. I thought this was a good video so just thought I would post it in case everyone hasn't seen it!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:04 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good video minus the music bad turbo system
Old 03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
never understood why people put dumb **** music behind videos of cars. I want to hear the damn cars. if i wanted to listen to music I would turn on MTV....well the radio......ok youtube. You get what Im saying.

Yeah I agree with you there. On a video like this that's also chancy, what if people don't like the music? It ruins the whole video then. Music at the beginning is fine, should have faded out tho and gotten into the exhaust notes.

As for the turbo, I can never understand the big deal about rear mount turbos. No offense to anyone with one, I just think it's a stupid setup. 1) It's at the rear of your car. 2) It is open to all elements, last thing I want to worry about is my **** getting ripped out or knocked around, especially for that kind of money. 3) Finally, don't you want to show off your setup? I doubt too many people will look under your car at a car show. I rather pop the hood and show em, not to mention I don't want people crawling under my car, that's a good way to start a fight with me haha. Well, that's my take on them.

Think about it, if rear mount setups truly had a better advantage over front mounts why wouldn't the big boys run them? If I was planning on keeping my car I was thinking of going with a front mount turbo or a D1SC procharger (s/c).
Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i like pro-chargers!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love the idea of the STS systems. Biggest issue is they can be visible and people have had systems stolen off cars because of it
Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cole Train
i love the idea of the STS systems. Biggest issue is they can be visible and people have had systems stolen off cars because of it
one of the main reasons why i sold mine. my car is a daily driver and i park it everywhere. i didnt want to come back and find it stolen. also the oil return line is a huge issue. dumbest design ever. it was drilled into the top of the oil cap. besides that, it was a nice setup, but needed alot to maintain it.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 PM
LS1Tech Editor

What about turbo lag? Is it bad with all that piping?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't put a STS system on my car if it was givin to me, I'd sell that turd & buy a real turbo kit or Procharger. But thats just my opinion. Too much piping, bad turbo location & shitty oil return. Not to mention high maintaince. No thankx.

I still dont understand why people like these so much. I'm not impressed by them at all.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by loloone
What about turbo lag? Is it bad with all that piping?
turbo lag is horrible. u wouldnt feel the boost till around 3 to 3.5k. or whenever u floor it.
Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I wouldn't put a STS system on my car if it was givin to me, I'd sell that turd & buy a real turbo kit or Procharger. But thats just my opinion. Too much piping, bad turbo location & shitty oil return. Not to mention high maintaince. No thankx.

I still dont understand why people like these so much. I'm not impressed by them at all.
yea i agree. i got it for dirt cheap from a friend, sold it and made some money. but while i had it, there were tons of problems. even after i fixed the pcv system that comes with it, i would have oil leakin in different places when in boost. glad i sold it. i would rather do a badass cam/heads than the sts system.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Launching!

Thats good to know, Thanx for all the input guys!

Vince