Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

New Ferrari 599 GTO Vid - Fastest Ever Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser

So someone that likes technology and wants paddle shifts is automatically a "pole smoker"?
Yes, exactly...and paddle shifters shouldn't be associated w/ the term "technology."

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Not trying to start an e-argument, but I just dont get the hostility towards a piece of automotive hardware. So much so that you would make a comparison between paddle shifters and "pole smokers"...
Simple, paddle= so, paddle shifer=

I'm just messin' w/ ya as far as continuing to push on the gay theme. I just hate paddle shifters. As you said, some don't. Bottom line is that cars are for driving & some technology has changed far too much of the driver's input. There are cars that will drive themselves now. Specifically, a Mercedes that will maintain a distance including braking behind the vehicle in front of it. IMO, it's getting far too out of hand.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with you to a certain degree. There are tons of cars out there that do too much for the drivers. Like...the ones that park themselves. Isnt parallel parking like a MAJOR part of most driver tests? Its the thing that people practice the most. If you cant parallel park...I dont know what to say.

Back up proximity sensors are ok, because at least those warn you that you are about to hit something. But I dont want my car slamming on its own brakes if it doesnt have too.

You give the machines too much power and eventually they'll end up killing us off. Didnt anyone in the auto industry watch Terminator? hahaha.

J.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
**** that car is loud! Looks like the ZR1 got beat (power wise).. Jeez.. These HP wars are spreading to England.
England? Ferraris are Italian.....