Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Catalytic convertors=theory's, must see!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by z28evans
As an engineer, and someone who has worked on processes that involve catalytic reactions, etc - that article is so full of crap it is not even funny.
Its a biased article for sure, with a litle dreamery involved
Old 05-29-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Latch
Went for a ride in one, and while sitting stopped in traffic for a while with the windows down, yes I could smell gas... not a lot, but how about this... ever drive BEHIND a car without cats?

I just did a search for "gas smell" and found a number of threads with people saying that with an ORY they would smell gas when stopped at a red light. It's acceptable to smell gas at a race track, but not on the daily commute...

Every time I go to a classic car show, the gas smell is almost overwhelming. Maybe I'm more sensitive to smell than most people, but I can't stand next to an old car idling for more than a minute.
Old Hot Rod cars will run rich as they are carb'd have a general tune to cover the different weather conditions, EFI cars if tuned correctly, will not have a rich smell to them. My LT1 would burn my eyes when I pull it in or out of my garage, but it wasn't tuned. My LS1 is tuned and no cats, no rich smell unless I get in it.