Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Bugatti Veyron SS 1200 hp Top Speed Run...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
I dont get it. Nothing happened when it hit 88mph?
it hauled some serious *** at 88mph thats what it did
Old 08-04-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEO
What would you rather have an authentic Van Gogh or a $5 poster? Handmade is over-rated for most simpletons. Airplanes may not use their tires very much but they need to be able to handle extreme loads for the short period they are used. The Veyron being able to hit 250+ mph in a 4,000+ lb vehicle needs tires to be able to handle exteme loads.
We aren't talking about fine art, we're talking about a piece of precision machinery. A machine can build a car better, faster and cheaper than a human being on a large scale.

Aircraft tires do need to be able to handle extreme conditions for short amounts of time. However, an aircraft's tires are built specifically for aircraft. It would have made more sense if they had looked to racing vehicles to base their tires off of.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Teching In

BAMF rite there. The bitch part of the whole thing would be the drive home though. I would be so bored doing the speed limit knowing i just went 260+mph.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
We aren't talking about fine art, we're talking about a piece of precision machinery. A machine can build a car better, faster and cheaper than a human being on a large scale.

Aircraft tires do need to be able to handle extreme conditions for short amounts of time. However, an aircraft's tires are built specifically for aircraft. It would have made more sense if they had looked to racing vehicles to base their tires off of.
Bugatti's are not built on a large scale, buyers of fine vehicles and fine art typically like the human component in their creations. No other production car has done what this car has and at this weight, so like the Veyron in general, all its parts are "over engineered".
Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LEO
Bugatti's are not built on a large scale, buyers of fine vehicles and fine art typically like the human component in their creations.
Yeah, I understand that people like the "human" component of creations. I'm just saying that the "human" component of machinery is over-rated, especially when it commands such a premium.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

considering that it costs VW 4.6 million dolalrs to produce jsut 1 veyron, and all the engineering that has gone into it (this car will outlast amny of its owners im willing to bet) its a great bargain for the $$ which is 1.8million euros by the way.. thats about 2.2 millionish USD
Old 08-10-2010, 01:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9badtrans9
I would be so bored doing the speed limit knowing i just went 260+mph.
Haha I never thought of that... I guess you're right, LOL.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
I dont get it. Nothing happened when it hit 88mph?
Apparently it's 288mph?! I guess we'll have to wait for the SuperSportRacing edition.