Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Any Cam Motion Cam Sound Clips....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

This mine from over a year ago when I put the cutout on and before I put the Powerflo conversion on so its basically straight pipes and a cutout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BCBN8dJyso
Old 11-10-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I can finally contribute to my own thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaX82jcFAuI
Old 11-27-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres mine
Old 11-27-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its amazing to me that we do have some Cam Motion cams floating around tech but I friggin never hear them mentioned. I think they should get the credit they deserve.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Its amazing to me that we do have some Cam Motion cams floating around tech but I friggin never hear them mentioned. I think they should get the credit they deserve.

I know what you mean. I've been searching a lot on Cam Motion cams on here, but there really aint ****. It's a shame too because from everything I've heard, there cams kick ***. I'm going to be ordering my cam from Futral, who uses Cam Motion, after Christmas and can't wait to get it installed. Hey, by the way, what's the specs of your cam? I plan on going 230/234 110 LSA. I'd like to go 232/236 110 LSA, but doubt that would clear my AFR 205 62cc heads.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I know what you mean. I've been searching a lot on Cam Motion cams on here, but there really aint ****. It's a shame too because from everything I've heard, there cams kick ***. I'm going to be ordering my cam from Futral, who uses Cam Motion, after Christmas and can't wait to get it installed. Hey, by the way, what's the specs of your cam? I plan on going 230/234 110 LSA. I'd like to go 232/236 110 LSA, but doubt that would clear my AFR 205 62cc heads.
I'd get it from Geoff at EPS. He REALLY knows his **** when it comes to cams. His EPS lobes make some ridiculous power.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Futral's cams are second to none
Old 12-07-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Nah, second to quite a few. lol I've NEVER seen a cam only make as much power as some of Geoffs cams.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
I agree, that's why I'm going with Futral. It seems like everyone's holding each other's dicks and going with EPS or Comp Cams and affraid to try something new. I've seen Futral cam only cars make some serious power, so I know their cams are the ****.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nutriders abound. **** gets quite silly after a while.

Anyway, everyone respects Futral, and thats great. I'm aware he was one of the innovators of LS1 cams as was Geoff at EPS. With all do respect, I appreciate their contributions. However, I just want to offer everyone a fair share. There are some well respected people here on this board that have been using Cam Motion for a long time and just don't broadcast. Maybe they think that gives them an advantage by using a cam company that most don't even know existed, or maybe its bc they don't want to be shunned for pushing non-sponsor stuff, I really dunno. I can tell you this, Cam Motion has been open since 1978. Thats 30+ years of cam design history fellas. Also, the owner Kip is the one who designs/specs the cams. Thats what I call personal service. Its no funny coincidence that I chose a Yank converter, whose whole company is basically run entirely by Mike and Dave, the owners and founders of the company. Dave assembles each converter by hand. THAT means something to me. I can understand in this Wal-Mart bargain economy everyone is looking for the cheapest easiest thrill. But that's not always the best route. There is BIG character in choosing the unknown guy, when it's an educated decision.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nutriders abound. **** gets quite silly after a while.

Anyway, everyone respects Futral, and thats great. I'm aware he was one of the innovators of LS1 cams as was Geoff at EPS. With all do respect, I appreciate their contributions. However, I just want to offer everyone a fair share. There are some well respected people here on this board that have been using Cam Motion for a long time and just don't broadcast. Maybe they think that gives them an advantage by using a cam company that most don't even know existed, or maybe its bc they don't want to be shunned for pushing non-sponsor stuff, I really dunno. I can tell you this, Cam Motion has been open since 1978. Thats 30+ years of cam design history fellas. Also, the owner Kip is the one who designs/specs the cams. Thats what I call personal service. Its no funny coincidence that I chose a Yank converter, whose whole company is basically run entirely by Mike and Dave, the owners and founders of the company. Dave assembles each converter by hand. THAT means something to me. I can understand in this Wal-Mart bargain economy everyone is looking for the cheapest easiest thrill. But that's not always the best route. There is BIG character in choosing the unknown guy, when it's an educated decision.
I'd agree, thats true, but in my opinion, as of now, Geoffs EPS lobes are making more power than others with smaller cams. I spoke with him for hours about it when he was doing my tune, and he was telling me he just had a C5 Z06 run one of his cams (stock 243s) put out right at 450 at the wheels on HIS dyno. Now to compare. It was a smaller cam than my 232/238 .595/.595 110+4LSA cam, and as far as the motors go, the only real difference was that mine has stock 241s vs. 243s and I think he had a fast 92. My car only made 388 at the wheels on the same dyno...I'd say that can go to show how much power his cams make. I love my car, but honestly, its just not as fast as I figured it would be. Its quick, don't get me wrong, but for my next cam, I'm going to Geoff.

Just so its clear, I'm NOT bias, since I have a Cam Motion cam in my car btw.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

You have a Futral cam or you have a Cam Motion cam? Two different things. Geoff used to design cams for Thunder back when he worked there so its no doubt Thunder's grinds make power too. As they very well could be considered "eps" cams in a way Like a pre EPS cam. Its also no secret that Futrals shop, Cam Motion, and Thunder are all a hop skip and jump away from each other. I dunno where EPS is but I think he is close too. Its all relative, this group of guys know what they are doing. However, you pitch EPS lobes because they make so much power, but you don't know anything about Cam Motion lobes. I'm talking about the lobes/specs that kip the owner designs.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

You have a Futral cam or you have a Cam Motion cam? Two different things. Geoff used to design cams for Thunder back when he worked there so its no doubt Thunder's grinds make power too. As they very well could be considered "eps" cams in a way Like a pre EPS cam. Its also no secret that Futrals shop, Cam Motion, and Thunder are all a hop skip and jump away from each other. I dunno where EPS is but I think he is close too. Its all relative, this group of guys know what they are doing. However, you pitch EPS lobes because they make so much power, but you don't know anything about Cam Motion lobes. I'm talking about the lobes/specs that kip the owner designs.
I never mentioned Futral...I have a CAM MOTION cam. Kip is the one that spec'd my cam for me when I went there...And yes, I know Geoff use to be part owner of Thunder Racing, but NOBODY can use his lobes. The only way to get a EPS lobe cam is to get it from Geoff. I just recently got my tune, but I bought my cam a year or more ago before he designed the lobes. Keep in mind I've been to all the the aforementioned places many times and spoke with all of them quite a bit. Cam Motion is only about 4 minutes from my house, Futral, about 10, and EPS as well as Thunder Racing are about 15 minutes (Thunder Racing and EPS are literally only a couple blocks from each other off Airline Highway near Praireville). Keeping all that in mind I don't see how you can say I don't know anything about Cam Motion lobes, considering thats what I have, but regardless, you can't say Thunders or Futral or even Cam Motion are gonna make the same power as the EPS with there own lobes, because A. they don't have any kind of special lobes for the most part. I know most of them use Comp XE-R lobes, where as Geoff designed his own lobe all together and he has them custom ground by Comp. You can't just call Comp and say give me a EPS lobe cam though. You HAVE to go through Geoff. It doesn't cost any more or anything, but still. All I'm saying is that a EPS lobe cam will make more power than a cam with the exact specs from Cam Motion or Futral or even Thunder Racing. (Futral gets his cams from Cam Motion f.y.i. and I do believe that Thunder gets them from Comp)

I know more about this than you think.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, you're a smart guy Give me a break dude. I asked whether you had a Cam Motion cam or a Futral I didn't assume or imply either. Thats funny that you think EPS lobes are called EPS lobes. Really. They are LSG lobes, G standing for Geoff duhh So, you are a Cam Motion cam owner? Thats great. Let's talk about your cam for a second. What exactly makes your cam different then other cams on the market? What makes the lobes special or not special? Whose lobes are they modeled after or are they completely unique? I bet you don't know **** about your own cam do you? Can you tell me one specific thing about it thats relevant here? And on the subject of thunder racing. Its so funny to me that you can figure out Geoff designed cams THERE but can't seem to think that he might have designed a lobe for them before he became EPS.....No say it isnt so. Well I guess Thunder runs Geoff lobes just like EPS does too huh? Well, this can't be true bc like you said TR surely uses whatever off the shelf Comp lobes that everyone else does right. WRONG...Thunder has proprietary lobes as well too Look up what that word means. You are half informed dude. Guess you burned a lot of gas for no reason that day you went around talking to all the cam makers.

Originally Posted by squee
All I'm saying is that a EPS lobe cam will make more power than a cam with the exact specs from Cam Motion or Futral or even Thunder Racing.
This is the dumbest part of your response. It shows you are a cheerleader. You show not one single piece of evidence and make such a blanket claim no one in the world could ever actually prove it. Hence, the reason you will never prove this to anyone. I wont let you pull the wool over all these people's eyes either.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 12-08-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Newly Installed F5 in a LS2 GTO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-TY2jFdjE0
Old 04-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by linn.35
Here is a video of the car at WOT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fssw7rCyos
whats all done to your car?.....that things a ****** freak!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mylittlez06
whats all done to your car?.....that things a ****** freak!!!!
All old stuff the car has been the same since 08, now it just sits waiting.....
Old 06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Apologies for the bickering months ago....anyone else have anything?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My F14 112 LSA cam with 1 7/8 kooks and spiral flow true duals

see below
Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7BfQKunXrA&feature=player_embedded

Quick Reply: Any Cam Motion Cam Sound Clips....