Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Nitrous Speedo Shots

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Speedo Shots

Okay here is the deal, im most likely going to be putting a 200 shot on my car for the tx2k11 weekend :] So i wanna know what i need to be careful of so i dont break anything while im down there, im in a th350 346 car so thats pretty much all you should need to know lol

Also i want to see some speedo videos of people using nitrous and not using nitrous so i can kind of get an idea of what kind of trouble i may be getting into...

Im going to be around 600-650whp with the 200 pills so the closer to that you are the better for me if you have a video

Thanks guys!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Forged Bottom End 346, Polluter cam/M6 with 28" tall drag radial.

On motor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3g_LhrCv7Q

On Nitrous- 150 shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cPkp_lixWs
Old 12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN. That's a hell of a difference.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...=youtube_gdata

Here's my car on a 200. Tranny problems and this is NOT spinning
Old 12-30-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lower_the_dynamite, love watching the needle jump when you shift!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Wow that is a pretty big difference, i can imagine with a 200 shot its gonn abe hella noticable at the track! I cant wait!

Anything i should look out for or avoid when running nitrous?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Please check the plugs often and have a good tuner who knows how to read plugs
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Launching!

What am i checking the plugs for? My tuner is A+ spot on so im not worried about that... Should i be looking for early fouling or what?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:30 AM
10 Second Club

Your going to be "reading" the plugs for timing marks and wot fueling.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Default It's ez to get greedy with n2o

i know a 150 shot is safe all day on a stock V8 but with the 200 & up it's best to be runing A Forged Rotating asm. u will get biger ganes w a stock cam or 1 made for n2o (it likes over lap) less of a gane with a lumpity lump stick. #1 run A filter on the n2o line! I can stress enuff how inportent this is! thear can be crap in the lines & in the tank. if some thing gets stuk in the selnode it will leak n2o & boom no more intake & instent 5" hood hump! basicly if it stals from an idil, dont try restarting untill u make shure it not leaking! u can mownt a microswitch on the TB or the gass pedil so it only hits @ 3/4 or WOT & a mastr arming switch thats on a switched (key) power & never spray under 4k or idiling this dosent mean u have to be mooving before u hit it, you just want to be floring it thers a hol lot more but I'm Get ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz..... oh sorry i dozed off real qwik.. ok before i forget To check your plugs u need to shut it down @ WOT, if u let it rpm come downe before shuting downe the plug reading will be wrong. but hears a link to get an idea of what your looking for, http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_su...qs/faqread.asp
& a lit nos info
http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/nitro...-tuning-0.html
i hope some of this helps good night and good luck.

PS I know I cant Spell, get over it. thats why i bild cars not books
Old 12-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gorr4
i know a 150 shot is safe all day on a stock V8 but with the 200 & up it's best to be runing A Forged Rotating asm. u will get biger ganes w a stock cam or 1 made for n2o (it likes over lap) less of a gane with a lumpity lump stick. #1 run A filter on the n2o line! I can stress enuff how inportent this is! thear can be crap in the lines & in the tank. if some thing gets stuk in the selnode it will leak n2o & boom no more intake & instent 5" hood hump! basicly if it stals from an idil, dont try restarting untill u make shure it not leaking! u can mownt a microswitch on the TB or the gass pedil so it only hits @ 3/4 or WOT & a mastr arming switch thats on a switched (key) power & never spray under 4k or idiling this dosent mean u have to be mooving before u hit it, you just want to be floring it thers a hol lot more but I'm Get ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz..... oh sorry i dozed off real qwik.. ok before i forget To check your plugs u need to shut it down @ WOT, if u let it rpm come downe before shuting downe the plug reading will be wrong. but hears a link to get an idea of what your looking for, http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_su...qs/faqread.asp
& a lit nos info
http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/nitro...-tuning-0.html
i hope some of this helps good night and good luck.

PS I know I cant Spell, get over it. thats why i bild cars not books
Wow that is some great info thanks alot!!!! Now the whole nitrous backfire thing somewhat worries me... How can i prevent that 100%?
Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy cow! i want some of this!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
holy cow! i want some of this!
Haha now your seeing it from my POV lmao!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Do yourself a favor and get a better idea of what needs to be checked/change when using nitrous. Make sure your plugs are a colder range/gapped properly and that you have timing taken out when spraying. If you don't, you will learn the hard way.

A couple more vids from my old LT1 Firehawk. I miss this car so much.

On motor with bald 17" drag radials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOVBm...eature=related

On a 200 Shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2AU5Qw0aU
Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice cloud shot in the second vid there lower the dy.... you doin a weather documentary? "The fastest weather show on the planet!"
haha need to get that thing pointed onto the dash or at least in front of you so we can see what is going on.
Those first vids were nice tho, I enjoyed watching them. Much more fun to watch interior vids when they involve a manual tranny for sure.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fb0dy0nly
Nice cloud shot in the second vid there lower the dy.... you doin a weather documentary? "The fastest weather show on the planet!"
haha need to get that thing pointed onto the dash or at least in front of you so we can see what is going on.
Those first vids were nice tho, I enjoyed watching them. Much more fun to watch interior vids when they involve a manual tranny for sure.
HAHA. Yeah. I had a full bottle the day before I was going to put it away so a mocked a little mount on my rollbar. I wanted to get a vid of in car with a 200 shot on it just to hear it. The did first two vids with my iphone. Its funny that the thing fits pefrect in a f-body steering wheel with the otterbox case.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Haha for real with the clouds!? Im looking at the major idea that im going to need to get some good lower temp plugs and check them frequently for fouling and also make sure i pull timing while spraying. Anything i missed?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lt1Powerz
Haha for real with the clouds!? Im looking at the major idea that im going to need to get some good lower temp plugs and check them frequently for fouling and also make sure i pull timing while spraying. Anything i missed?
Has nothing to do with plugs "Fouling". You need to learn how to check the fuel ring and timing mark. Check out the nitrous section, and do some reading. There is alot more to it then just checking 2 or 3 things and calling it good.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 03supercobra
Has nothing to do with plugs "Fouling". You need to learn how to check the fuel ring and timing mark. Check out the nitrous section, and do some reading. There is alot more to it then just checking 2 or 3 things and calling it good.
Ha i was just reviewing, i know there is a TON more that goes into this, and im just trying to get everything down before i actually spray the car... You and i both know it breaks enough as it is lol
Old 01-02-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lt1Powerz
Ha i was just reviewing, i know there is a TON more that goes into this, and im just trying to get everything down before i actually spray the car... You and i both know it breaks enough as it is lol
Just do your research, take your time with everything and it'll stay together for a long time. I would start out with the 100's or 150', get used to the car and get it lined out.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Speedo Shots