Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Some Pics of my 99 SS All Done

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice New England Z!

Ditch the tips altogether and run some hidden dumps.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+3 on tint!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great. Are the C5's chrome or that well polished? But for the exhaust, I'd take it to a shop and see what they can do. When I had my Corsa Clones put on, the guy had em way to low cause he thought they would melt the bumper if any closer so I took it to my guy and he fixed me right up and haven't looked back since other than there not big enough to me cause there the AfterThought's ones.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird31
good friend of mine has a SS that looks identical to this one. Looks great man. What's done to it?
It was dynoed at 423 to the wheels i have some 243 heads but will throw them on later.

Motor Mods:
LS6 Intake, Comp Cams Custom Grind, Patriot Springs, Hardened Pushrods, LS2 Oil Pump, LS2 Double Timing Chain, Hooker LT Headers, Hooker Off Road Y, Borla Adjustable, DMH Electric Cutout, SLP Lid, Amsoil Filter, Ported TB, MSD Wires, NGK TR55's all DYNO Tuned By Slowhawk Performance Bridgewater Ma.

Suspension Mods:
Eibach ProKit Lowered 1.5", Eibach Struts and Shocks, BMR Adj. Panhard Bar, BMR Rear Lowercontrol Arms, BMR Relocation Brackets.
Wheels
18" Chrome DD C5 Wheels 295/35/18's rear

Monster Stage 3 Clutch holds up to 700 HP

I have a Turbo for it I just wont install it till i buy a ford 9" haha as everyone knows on here

Last edited by Camaro9969; 05-11-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
Now that's a clean wicked *** SS. Get 5% rear tint and call it a day.
Just tried to get the tint stupid Mass law cant get a sticker with that anymore!!! I have to get like 40% or something. I really wanted it black on the back window. I hate this state!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:05 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Vince
looks good man! where did you get your clear turning signals? the only ones i can find are those black ones with the orange reflector :/
Thanks for the compliment i have a couple sets i got one on ebay for i think 17 bucks and the other on Amazon for around 20
Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAmWS.6
Looks great man, what method did you use to paint your calipers? They look astonishing.
Thanks man. I actually bought new ones for the front when i bought my brakes, EBC Rotors and Hawk pads so i took everything off and just painted them with caliper paint. Was simple and i really thought it looked good all around matching the Red up. Took a few coats but was well worth the 8 dollar can of paint
Old 05-10-2011, 10:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Car looks great. Are the C5's chrome or that well polished? But for the exhaust, I'd take it to a shop and see what they can do. When I had my Corsa Clones put on, the guy had em way to low cause he thought they would melt the bumper if any closer so I took it to my guy and he fixed me right up and haven't looked back since other than there not big enough to me cause there the AfterThought's ones.
They are the Chrome DD Wheels, 18x9.5 front 18x10.5 rears. Ya i wanted the CME but i hear it takes away some hp and just not worth the money. Plus i love the borla set up Where the adjustable plates go I Put up a DMH Electric cut out so i can keep it so quiet almost sounds stock (besides the cam) then open it up when i want to be obnixous!!!! I can post a picture of it if you want. But i really want to raise the tips up bothers the hell out of me haha im very picky!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:12 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by White94Bird
That valence is the best thing for the Camaro!! Do it!!

Yours looks awesome! but the pictures are over exposed...
Ya i'm doing that next and as for the pictures i actually took them with my phone haha So i didnt even expect them to come out half as good as they did. I was just bored and felt like taking some. it was a little sunny though for a camera phone
Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
Thanks man. I actually bought new ones for the front when i bought my brakes, EBC Rotors and Hawk pads so i took everything off and just painted them with caliper paint. Was simple and i really thought it looked good all around matching the Red up. Took a few coats but was well worth the 8 dollar can of paint
Oh ok, caliper paint is what it's called. I'll have to buy some in the next week. I want to do this badly, it's subtle but really pops at the same time.

Thanks for the reply and again, sick SS man.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM
8 Second Club

Oh ok, caliper paint is what it's called. I'll have to buy some in the next week. I want to do this badly, it's subtle but really pops at the same time.

Thanks for the reply and again, sick SS man.
Love the color on your SS. Looks real nice!!!, Thank you and ya i was bored one day and painted them. Also i like the camaro decal on there it was only 2 dollars thought it was cool. I've been trying to reply sooner but i cant go on this site on my laptop something is wrong on here it kicks me offline everytime i sign in. But send me a picture when you do yours!! What color you going with on your car???
Old 05-10-2011, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
Love the color on your SS. Looks real nice!!!, Thank you and ya i was bored one day and painted them. Also i like the camaro decal on there it was only 2 dollars thought it was cool. I've been trying to reply sooner but i cant go on this site on my laptop something is wrong on here it kicks me offline everytime i sign in. But send me a picture when you do yours!! What color you going with on your car???
I appreciate the compliment, my car is stone stock for now, minus window tint, but it's a work in progress. We all have to start somewhere I suppose

And yeah, I forgot to mention, I think the Camaro decal on the calipers looks great! I plan to do a bright red similar to yours for sure if I can find it. Where did you get the paint from exacty if you don't mind me asking?

I would do the Camaro decal as well since you mentioned it's like a couple of bucks, but I don't know if I could justify it since my car is stock. Would be kind of overboard for my car, but damn, it's a great addition to yours!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice car, love the stance.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

These C5's are really shaping up to be one of my favorite wheels, I love mine. Car looks great man
Old 05-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking car bro,tint,slp ss grill,6le cme,not a fan of the dual valance,and it would be perfect.good work though
Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exactly what these cars should look like. Clean as hell man. Clean, and sleek. Looks sick. Not ruined by stripes or anything.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
These C5's are really shaping up to be one of my favorite wheels, I love mine. Car looks great man
Hey man, your not the only one that thinks that about the C5's. I just wish OE followed through and made em 17x11 DD for the rear. They would have made there money's worth if they made them.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:35 AM
8 Second Club

I appreciate the compliment, my car is stone stock for now, minus window tint, but it's a work in progress. We all have to start somewhere I suppose

And yeah, I forgot to mention, I think the Camaro decal on the calipers looks great! I plan to do a bright red similar to yours for sure if I can find it. Where did you get the paint from exacty if you don't mind me asking?

I would do the Camaro decal as well since you mentioned it's like a couple of bucks, but I don't know if I could justify it since my car is stock. Would be kind of overboard for my car, but damn, it's a great addition to yours!
The paint jusr at autozone or advanced cheap as hell.....If u do it just get some slotted rotors if you show the calipers off might as well have some nice rotors as well haha ya true my car was bone stock last March whe I bought it but I got addicted now I'm non stop buying stuff I have nos and or a Turbo to install lol I found deals on Craigslist and haven't decided what route to go. I just wanted a clean look and also for it to tear up any mustang in my way since that's all I see out here!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:42 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Thanks man wow your TA looks insane w these wheels!!!!!!! So mean! Ya I couldn't decide between these and z06 c5 wheels but I'm happy I got these everyday i walk out and see the car I'm like wow those look sick! And can't beat the price I sold my stock ss wheels for almost the same price lol
Old 05-23-2011, 09:29 PM
8 Second Club

Changed my grill used a 69 Chevy SS emblem. What u think is better SS or the empty grill
Before :

After :

Quick Reply: Some Pics of my 99 SS All Done