Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Show Everybody Your Custom Y-Pipe/Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011 | 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Default Show Everybody Your Custom Y-Pipe/Exhaust

Right now Im running 1 3/4" Pacesetter Headers, 3" TSP ORY, & 3" Corsa Catback w/o the muffler & tips. My car is an A4 and dynoed at 398whp, but now should be around 405. I LOVE how loud the car is with no cats and without the muffler/tips (Corsa Muffler's are known to fall apart and thats what mine did ) but the drone at highway speeds is annoying since the exhaust exits under the car, and it has been getting a lot of negative attention from a few local cops so I think its time to get a muffler back on the car for DDing.

Id like to install a cutout so I can have my abnoxious exhaust back for car shows, more whp for the track, cruising with buddies, and the occasional street race. BUT after reading/researching Im finding out that my Y-Pipe from TSP isnt the greatest design, and Im around the whp level where a 3" exhaust becomes restrictive.

Soooo..I want a new exhaust. But I dont want anything off the shelf because I want it to be unique, and I havent seen any Y-Pipes that will flow as well as I want and the aftermarket doesnt have much available as far as 4" Catbacks. I LOVE Patrik Gs custom exhaust and Ill probably mimic much of it, but Id like to see what everybody else has done when the aftermarket exhaust companies dont have what you want. Ive thought about true duals, but clearance would suffer and my car scrapes living in Pittsburgh as it is.

Im thinking:

1 7/8" Headers (Or Reuse My 1 3/4" Pacesetters)
Stainless Steel Pipe
Custom 3" Y-Pipe
4" Flowmaster Merge
Cutout (Possibly Electric)
Custom 3" (Or 4") Catback
Undecided Muffler
Reuse My 3" Corsa Tips

V-Band exhaust clamps so that I can take down my muffler/tips for less weight at the track when Im going for a PB time. An example of what I want:

Post up your combos w/ any info you have!
Old 08-03-2011 | 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Nobody has a custom exhaust??
Old 08-03-2011 | 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

pacesetter 1 3/4 LT's
pacesetter y to a flowmaster 4" merge pipe
about 1 inch of 4"
dynatech 4" dual flow muffler
dynatech 4" dump (sidewaysish to avoid the evil drone)

Yes, I know that I need to clean the undercarriage of my car

Old 08-03-2011 | 08:36 PM
t-1
11 Second Club

Lol sorry I had to post my complex exhaust haha