Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Vid and pics of my newly finished engine bay (F1 Procharger Content)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Immaculate.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a killer build and many little details out of the norm which really set it off and I like a lot.

AWESOME JOB!

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism ...

I think the only things I would have done different is a larger radiator seeing cooling issues of the years ( assuming this is a street car). I would have also ran the filter straight to the grill and maybe have a volute you could easily install for track days.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by custm2500
This comes in at a close second to a stock engine bay.
Indeed. It was hard getting rid of all the wiring and plastic. I especially miss the EGR tubing

Originally Posted by BlueStreak362
Guessing Brian over at Pharro in new oxford did the tubular piece, i love it. Very clean bay and sick car!
Yep. Pharro performance did it. Excellent pricing and he's borderline obsessive compulsive with his work. I'm the same way. It worked out very well. He's a great guy and as you can see a great fabricator.

Originally Posted by Larry @ AMS
This is a killer build and many little details out of the norm which really set it off and I like a lot.

AWESOME JOB!

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism ...

I think the only things I would have done different is a larger radiator seeing cooling issues of the years ( assuming this is a street car). I would have also ran the filter straight to the grill and maybe have a volute you could easily install for track days.
I never mind constructive criticism. Its what helps our hobby progress!

I had a Griffin radiator in there before and I liked this set-up better. I've never had cooling issues (knock on wood) I think because the front bumper is cut away to show off the intercooler.

The filter is behind the intercooler. I was going to do what you suggested, but I didn't like the look So a little form took over function (but no one is perfect)
Old 09-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mike13
What procharger bracket is that bolted to the engine block?
Sorry didn't see this.

Its an F1A. And the bracket is custom made. I was having issues with the bracket sold to me. Its not that the quality wasn't good. It was that the bolts kept coming loose.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
Indeed. It was hard getting rid of all the wiring and plastic. I especially miss the EGR tubing

Yep. Pharro performance did it. Excellent pricing and he's borderline obsessive compulsive with his work. I'm the same way. It worked out very well. He's a great guy and as you can see a great fabricator.

I never mind constructive criticism. Its what helps our hobby progress!

I had a Griffin radiator in there before and I liked this set-up better. I've never had cooling issues (knock on wood) I think because the front bumper is cut away to show off the intercooler.

The filter is behind the intercooler. I was going to do what you suggested, but I didn't like the look So a little form took over function (but no one is perfect)
good to hear

again it looks awesome and many cool touches beyond what we all see often

good luck getting it out
Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

thats amazing , im so jealous .
Old 09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the kind words guys. It really means alot.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Nice job, looks awesome!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's probably the nicest engine bay I've ever seen. I'm so jelous of your setup. Maybe one day I'll have the cash and time to do something of that nature. I bet she's absolutely fun as hell to drive.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sick Philly! I knew you had said you were changing stuff up the last time we spoke (Johnnyb off srtforums), but this is insane haha
Old 09-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
That's probably the nicest engine bay I've ever seen. I'm so jelous of your setup. Maybe one day I'll have the cash and time to do something of that nature. I bet she's absolutely fun as hell to drive.
The car isn't tuned yet, but its still a rocket ship. I hope to get some decent numbers out of it.

As far as the cash is concerned? Just keep working towards it and don't switch platforms. I've had this car since 2004.

Originally Posted by JohnnyBz28
Damn that sick Philly! I knew you had said you were changing stuff up the last time we spoke (Johnnyb off srtforums), but this is insane haha
Hey man! I hope your progress is going well too. I don't get on there much as I am currently SRT-less
Old 09-20-2011, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Very nice and clean, looks amazing.
Are you running solid motor mounts or super stiff polys?
I'm curious about the turnbuckle/bracing that goes from the radiator-(support?) to the intake-tube and if engine movement will have a negative effect on that.
It didn't look like it had much movement when it was started in the video though, just a thought.
On a side note, the brake fluid reservoir looks out of place compared to the rest of the engine bay - only because everything else has been modified. lol
Old 09-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97'RS6-BucketTurd
Very nice and clean, looks amazing.
Are you running solid motor mounts or super stiff polys?
I'm curious about the turnbuckle/bracing that goes from the radiator-(support?) to the intake-tube and if engine movement will have a negative effect on that.
It didn't look like it had much movement when it was started in the video though, just a thought.
On a side note, the brake fluid reservoir looks out of place compared to the rest of the engine bay - only because everything else has been modified. lol
I'm running solid mounts. There is a flange on the intake hat that allows the piping to move a few degrees and not break a seal.

I would LOVE not to have the brake fluid reservoir and that whole set-up replaced. Problem is the car is street driven and nothing aftermarket (that I know of) cleans it up without making the brakes like bricks. Its the one thing I haven't been able to get my head around a solution for making it cleaner. I may add a cover, but that's cheating lol

Quick Reply: Vid and pics of my newly finished engine bay (F1 Procharger Content)