Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

UGR Lamborghini Nera vs AMS GTR Alpha 12 on pump gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
I agree completely. I was surprised to see that the lambo was a true 3 pedal car. Pretty impressive if you ask me, if that lambo was an auto/paddle shift it'd really be an *** romping. Just watching the video you can see how far that lambo drops back between shifts while the GTR almost has a constant acceleration with the automatic.

p.s. I laughed my *** off when the GTR driver kept reiterating that the lambo only "gets ahead" after 230km, when in reality that GTR got his doors blown after the lambo driver didn't have to shift anymore.

Both cars are badass though.
That GT-R raped the Lambo down low though. The GT-R would be a tough car to beat from a dig. Also the Lambo had to shift to 5th to pass the GT-R. The GT-R was in manual mode so its also not constant acceleration. You obviously don't understand the mechanics of a Dual Clutch trans.

Last edited by TheHitman; 10-22-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gc302047
gtr cant keep up at high speeds.

v6 vs. v10

there's no replacement for displacement
Number of cylinders is not equal to displacement, you should know that if you know what displacement is. That Lambo is onlyy 5.0L and there are other V10's with twice the displacement that can't catch up to that Lambo at high speeds. In a real world race where you shut down at 130-140mph That GT-R would win every time like it did in the video. Lets be serious, how many times are you going to shut down over 140?

And another thing to note is the GT-R out right beat the Gallardo to 150mph with 150 less hp and 500lbs of more weight.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Number of cylinders is not equal to displacement, you should know that if you know what displacement is.

Most will never understand that statement. Well said.

And another thing to note is the GT-R out right beat the Gallardo to 150mph with 150 less hp and 500lbs of more weight.
And to think AMS is just getting started. Look what they've accomplished with the EVO over time.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That GT-R raped the Lambo down low though. The GT-R would be a tough car to beat from a dig. Also the Lambo had to shift to 5th to pass the GT-R. The GT-R was in manual mode so its also not constant acceleration. You obviously don't understand the mechanics of a Dual Clutch trans.
Its pretty obvious the lambo driver had a learning curve in the early runs. I don't think its unreasonable to say that MOST drivers would have a difficult time driving something like that with ANY tranny, much more so with a manual transmission.

I realize the GTR would be a difficult car to beat from a dig, never said it wouldn't be. They are fast cars 100% stock...

Whats your point the lambo had to shift into 5th to pass the GTR? When your at that level of power I would hope your staying in it long enough to use your upper gears in a roll race. Cars with that much power really roll the beans on in the upper gears. I've drivin and rode in a handful of cars with super high horsepower and their pull in 4th and 5th gives you a much better sense of sheer horsepower as opposed to the lower gears.

Lastly, I stated *almost* constant acceleration. It's obvious to even a person that knows nothing about cars that the Lambo was losing significant ground between shifts. Maybe the lambo needs a little driver mod, who knows... The point I was trying to make is that a dual clutch transmission even in manual mode is going to shift much faster and allow a NEAR constant acceleration as opposed to a 3 pedal car. I was never trying to take anything away from the GTR, AMS does great work with many different platforms and the Nissan GTR will likely be considered a part of automotive history at a later date. Get off the GTR's sack brother. We know the GTR would be tough to beat from a dig, but they weren't racing down the quarter mile were they. Lets just leave it at that.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Staging Lane

Actually, the lambo was passing the GTR while it was still in 4th. The GTR did rape the lambo from a 1st gear roll--in the beginning... Seems like the lambo driver was learning to drive a bit better every race. The last couple of videos they were pretty much dead-even 1st-3rd, then the lambo would easily pull in 4th... BTW the GTR shifts in 0.1-0.2 seconds... That's pretty much a constant acceleration.
In a real world race where you shut down at 130-140mph That GT-R would win every time like it did in the video. Lets be serious, how many times are you going to shut down over 140?

Who the hell shuts down at 130mph in a 1000+ hp car? Hell, I've been in many races with 400-500hp cars that would shut down at 140-150mph on a highway. I would hope with 2-3 times more power the race would go on past 130-140mph. These cars trap 150+ in a 1/4 mile.
Anyways, what's a "real world race"? I guess the Texas mile is a race that happens in the real world. Do you know what would happen to the GTR if they raced a full mile... lol

Well, they posted ""Nissan GT-R AMS Alpha 12 vs Lamborghini Gallardo Nera UGR TT (Manual) vs Lamborghini Gallardo Super Leggera UGR TT (E-Gear)
Race This Weekend!!!
"
Can't wait!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that lambo reallys moves out once it gets going
Old 10-26-2011, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Skrilla
Actually, the lambo was passing the GTR while it was still in 4th. The GTR did rape the lambo from a 1st gear roll--in the beginning... Seems like the lambo driver was learning to drive a bit better every race. The last couple of videos they were pretty much dead-even 1st-3rd, then the lambo would easily pull in 4th... BTW the GTR shifts in 0.1-0.2 seconds... That's pretty much a constant acceleration.

Who the hell shuts down at 130mph in a 1000+ hp car? Hell, I've been in many races with 400-500hp cars that would shut down at 140-150mph on a highway. I would hope with 2-3 times more power the race would go on past 130-140mph. These cars trap 150+ in a 1/4 mile.
Anyways, what's a "real world race"? I guess the Texas mile is a race that happens in the real world. Do you know what would happen to the GTR if they raced a full mile... lol

Well, they posted ""Nissan GT-R AMS Alpha 12 vs Lamborghini Gallardo Nera UGR TT (Manual) vs Lamborghini Gallardo Super Leggera UGR TT (E-Gear)
Race This Weekend!!!
"
Can't wait!
The way they race there, the lambo would have a hard time getting traction. He would get a better top end time but the GT-R would get that better ET. Moscow unlimited is done like a 1 mile drag race.

But as far as your point on the GT-R vs the Lambo in the mile the lambo would significantly get a higher mph, mostly due to gearing and the power advantage. The gearing on the GT-R's are crippling them at the standing mile. This past weekend the top dog GT-R only hit 217mph due to gearing when even with its power to weight it could hit somewhere in the 230mph range.