Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! Remember, Rice is for eating.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Fastest 60' time that Honda's ever seen.
FTW best post yet
Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
No high horse... not on my end, that is. Just that I don't take vigilante justice into my own hands, or act like a hypocrite. You're reporting someone else for doing something illegal, which you also are guilty of doing on a separate occasion. Before throwing someone under the bus, imagine that happening to you. I'll get off my soap box now and let this thread get back to... well, whatever it was before.
Different circumstances. Have I street raced? Yes. Did I block two lanes of traffic, cause a major accident, and then flee the scene? Nope.

That is all I am saying. Having a spirited highway run, or going to the middle of nowhere to race is different than what happened in the video. Comparing the two is apples and oranges.

And now I will get off my ...
Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Cant give them too much ****... There has been NUMEROUS times when a large group of vetts/camaros/ta's would do this on I-10 on Saturday nights by highway 6. Lucky for us there was plenty of lighting and brake lights rofl.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Reminds me of the massive accident that happened a few years ago from this very same scenario. But instead of a single car getting pile-driven by an SUV it was the group of people behind the cars getting mowed down at highway speed.

Ooop, found it.

LINK

Originally Posted by NYT
ACCOKEEK, Md. — A car crashed into a group of people watching an illegal street race staged here in the early morning hours on a dark highway Saturday, killing eight people and leaving five hospitalized.

The New York Times
The accident happened at about 3 a.m., the police said, when a car not involved in the race but headed north along Route 210 plowed into the spectators, striking at least 14 people who may have been standing in the roadway, said Cpl. Clinton Copeland, a spokesman for the Prince George's County Police Department.

Corporal Copeland said investigators believed that the racers were "burning out," revving car engines and spinning tires in preparation for the race, possibly causing smoke and debris to hinder visibility on the road.

Seven people were pronounced dead at the scene, including one of the bystanders who was thrown through the windshield of the car that struck the spectators, a white Ford Crown Victoria. An eighth victim died at the hospital. The car's driver walked away from the crash; a passenger in the car was taken to the hospital.

No charges have been filed against the driver, whom the police did not identify. Corporal Copeland could not say if the driver had been tested for alcohol or drugs. He said Saturday that the investigation was continuing.

People who live near the crash site in this bedroom community of Washington say that illegal racing is nearly a weekly occurrence here, and that drivers even transport their vehicles to this stretch of road on flatbed trucks.

Robert Stafford, 60, and his wife, Glenna, 59, who live a few hundred yards from where the accident occurred, said they had been hearing the squealing tires from drag races for about 25 years, since the highway was expanded to four lanes and divided by a wide grassy median.

Mr. Stafford said they had basically given up on calling the Prince George's County Police Department or the State Police.

"We've called and called," Mr. Stafford said, adding that each time they heard a different story as to who was responsible for patrolling that stretch of road.

Corporal Copeland said the county had been aware of the races. "All we can do is come when somebody makes the call," he said, but when officers get there the racers are usually gone.

Steve Swann, 36, of nearby Fort Washington, came by the crash site on Saturday afternoon with his cousin. Mr. Swann said that he was at the race when the accident occurred and that the aftermath was horrifying.

He said the car came right up behind the two race cars without its lights on "smashing everybody up."

"There was blood everywhere and everyone was trying to get away," Mr. Swann said.

Another spectator, Crystal Gaines, 27, of Indian Head, told The Associated Press, "There were just bodies everywhere."

Ms. Gaines said that she was able to grab her child but that she could not help her father, William Gaines Sr., 61, when she saw the Crown Victoria approach. Her father was killed in the crash.

"He wasn't breathing, he wasn't moving," Ms. Gaines said. "His body was in pieces."

Mr. Swann said it was the first time he had attended a race in the area. He also said in such races drivers would often transport their cars and there would be two or three races with bets being placed and winners taking home as much as $3,000.

Corporal Copeland said the victims ranged in age from their 20s to 60s. He said he was surprised by the age of the spectators because these events were often attended by the young. About 50 people were gathered for the race, he told The Associated Press.

"This is a tragedy of monumental proportions," Corporal Copeland said, "to have eight people lose their lives for the thrill of a road race."

The residents expressed sorrow, but said the accident was not a surprise. "You see the skid marks in the morning," Mrs. Stafford said. "It had to happen sooner or later."
Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

They do that over here too, except here there is usually a long *** line of traffic backed up behind them before they start. Damn 8 year olds and their Hondas. Step the torque up and roll race kids.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevbon
They do that over here too, except here there is usually a long *** line of traffic backed up behind them before they start. Damn 8 year olds and their Hondas. Step the torque up and roll race kids.

Roll racing is for people who dont know how use their car from a dig. Digs
with high HP cars takes skill which most "roll racers" lack.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
Exactly and thats pretty much me

On another note, this reminds me of a meme that I once saw that said "Everytime you ********** God kills a ricer... Jerk faster"
Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Fastest 60' time that Honda's ever seen.
LMAO

Originally Posted by Preston99WS6
Here is a valid question...

In the eyes of the law who is more at fault the drunk or the retards trying to dig race on the highway?
The drunk driver I would assume.

Originally Posted by Zlow28
But thats completely different from my perspective. I think theyre both just as stupid, with the honda racers having a slight edge. I personally would rather see the racers pay for both parties' damages, wether the SUV driver was drunk or not. There is no reason to be dig racing in a open freeway.

And if the SUV driver was drunk, then go on with the procedure of suspending his license and the fine, jailtime, whatever he deserves. None of these guys should have a license.
I see your point, but I cant really agree. At the time of the crash they were just two cars stopped in the road.

If there had been an accident and a car had stopped to help and got *** packed by a drunk driver doing 70mph, everyone would feel differently.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Courtesy of the comments section of the poorly written article above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRcyp...ature=youtu.be
Gotta love the puerto ricans. Vete, vete, salte.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

or when your on a ******* highway.. you wanna dig go to the track, not I-10..
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Banned

I guess if your running nitrous (as I see you are, or was) then dig racing may be easy. Alot of ppl with over 500rwhp have trouble launching at over 50% throttle with a stalled automatic, 3.90 gears, boosted and camed ls1. It's not fair to say "roll racing is for ppl who dont know how to use their cars from a dig" when there are alot of racers out there like myself that can go to the drag strip and cut 1.5 60fts all day, but can't even get traction from a 40mph roll run, or slower on the street. I have 315/35 555R nitto DRs as have used MT DR's as well, none really help unless I'm going over 50. This was on my old setup ( just sold the procharger 2 weeks ago) and I now have a LME forged 347 with ALL the works!! along with a complete turbo setup about to go in this weekend. Should be 700+ rwhp...what will now be my options for dig racing on the steet?..full slicks?..slicks with a **** ton of VHT layed down and I maaaaay hook lol
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

they stupid!! rice buckets are always trying to street race!they need to just be a man and put your money where your mouth is and race at the track! thats why there's tracks
Old 02-14-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by ROMERO98Z28
they stupid!! rice buckets are always trying to street race!they need to just be a man and put your money where your mouth is and race at the track! thats why there's tracks
Let's go. Start calling them out on the v-tech forums. Since you don't street race.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 PM
11 Second Club

so dumb

Quick Reply: Street racing + Drunk Driver = Horrible Crash