Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Video Of Packy's Cobra At The Track

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 05:14 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Packy
**** it I will run your LSX truck with a 350 shot in my Trans Am with full interior, a/c, p/s, and my daughters car seat and spank your ***. Who gives a ****? Run your car and have fun. It's not like we are professionals here...
I think you are missing the point. Also having the TA you should realize what we are talking about. You put 15 psi through your Stank and run 11s. Cam, gear, and some small bolt on stuff and you should have run similar times.

Again I didn't come into this trying to show off my truck that doesn't have any proof behind it. I have lots of evidence of what it will run. This summer should hopefully prove me right. Only reason I brought it up was because this fool tried calling me out like I am driving a stock 1998 civic running 18s and don't have a clue about fast cars. I am not a 20 year expert but I have been to the track quite a few times, done lots of research and educated my self well. That was the only point of bringing my personal truck up in the entire thread. I would love to race anyone once I get her done and shaken down.

On a final note about the original point I was trying to make is if on that same 15 psi you start running low 10s or high 9s I would then be impressed. Problem is that with a stank it almost certainly won't happen with out a lot more work.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by custm2500
I think you are missing the point. Also having the TA you should realize what we are talking about. You put 15 psi through your Stank and run 11s. Cam, gear, and some small bolt on stuff and you should have run similar times.

Again I didn't come into this trying to show off my truck that doesn't have any proof behind it. I have lots of evidence of what it will run. This summer should hopefully prove me right. Only reason I brought it up was because this fool tried calling me out like I am driving a stock 1998 civic running 18s and don't have a clue about fast cars. I am not a 20 year expert but I have been to the track quite a few times, done lots of research and educated my self well. That was the only point of bringing my personal truck up in the entire thread. I would love to race anyone once I get her done and shaken down.

On a final note about the original point I was trying to make is if on that same 15 psi you start running low 10s or high 9s I would then be impressed. Problem is that with a stank it almost certainly won't happen with out a lot more work.
What I realize is your truck has never ran a time so you are speculating off of what you believe or think it will do. Also comparing a 346 to 281 is never apples to apples. Keep in mind my dd is 100% stock suspended, full weight, has only a blower swap, inj, and exhaust. It has much more left due to my driving ability. Show me a stock oem stamped metal, on DeCarbon shocks suspended LS1 car with full weight, tires, cam swap, gears, and exhaust running similar times.?. It is not the norm with an m6 and unless an auto has a stall I doubt there are many running that number and mph as well. Irregardless your ignorance and hating shows by your comments. This is one reason why I bought the Cobra to laugh at haters and because it is damn good looking car with great potential.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Maybe you have a different definition of "door slammer" than I have... To me, it's a car in which the door both opens and closes for driver access... It may or may not be a "tube chassis" car. For me, it's just one the body doesn't lift off of for entry or drive train access and not requiring the driver to slip through the window hole.
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/th...d-pass-at-lvm/

Note that car...6.19@ 235mph... And the door opens...

I'm not sure I need to go looking for info in all these cases: I already know the Turley(and presumably Brown) car doesn't use a GM production block, nor an LS1. The last I saw(could be different now) was an ERL LS2 block. At least it's aluminum. The Mustang, on the other hand, uses a factory 4.6L and factory heads and a factory crank. No part of the Turley engine was cast in any way, shape, or form, by General Motors. The bigger point, however, is whether or not it's an LS1. When we step away from that, to say... a 427 w/ aftermarket everything, that does change the topic and still, 6.19 is HELLA QUICKER than 6.73 no matter who is asking... Also, his car uses an LSX block, and I specifically mentioned LS1 and F-body... for a reason.

Anyway, my point isn't to talk down any car. I just get tired of seeing people with virtually no clue whatsoever, coming in and trying to "school" the rest of us. It's at its worst when the "story" is about something that doesn't even exist, like a REAL LS1 engine that survived 6's on the 1/4... I could've gone on about how many non-4.6L Mustangs have been in the 6's, typically with a stroked 351W. Not here for that. Only making a point because kids sometimes bug me.
I understand your point and I completely agree that the mod motor is very capable.

I would like to disagree though that I don't consider John Mihovetz' car (the 6.19 you mentioned) to be a door slammer in any way.
Simply because none of the body parts are original and it's a 2400lb tube chassis car.
I'm very familiar with the car in question and I just can't consider his car to be a door slammer. JMO

When comparing similarly set up LS cars to Mod cars, you'll find they run very close to each other.
Perfect example is Sandi Wold's Mustang (quickest non tube-chassis mod motor car) vs. Ohio Boys' Trans Am (very quick original body TA).
The TA is a little quicker while weighing 500 lbs more. Sandi is allowed a weight advantage in her class due to her engine.

Really, it's just the case that most cars in similar classes run very close to each other regardless of their engine (unless it's an unusually uncompetitive team/car).

The reason you don't see LS cars running anywhere close to John's 6.19 is because there isn't a single LS car in a class that's even somewhat close. Just about all of the LS drag cars are 3400+ lbs running the original body and sometimes even the original suspension style.

As for the lack of quick LS1's specifically (vs. LSX or ERL LS2, etc), the reason is common sense really.
Might as well spend the extra bucks to get something you know to be nearly bullet proof instead of sticking with the ls1 if your goal is north of 1500hp...

That's how I see it anyway.

There IS a Swede running a 6.7 with an LSX engine in his 2500lb tube frame car as of late 2011.
He's running 104 unleaded (pretty big deal), doesn't have a very radical build compare to other tube chassis cars (twin 88mm's or something), and is making lower power than cars over here though.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Banned

The part you're not getting is this simple... I don't CARE what you did after 10,000 other people figured out HOW and offered the parts for people like you, who didn't... You bought parts... You had them installed... Congratulations! You're waiting to do it again. Congratulations again!

I'm NOT building a 9 second DD... I'm more educated than that. I did it, then learned why it wasn't worth it. I just hope you don't crash it learning how to drive. I also hope you use some common sense and make sure it's in compliance with all safety needs.

I can tell you're convinced, the INSTANT you fire it up, you'll have yourself a 9 second car... Good luck, rookie.

No, btw, I don't think you're bullshitting me... I think you're bullshitting YOU!

You got 1 thing right. When the lights drop, the bullshit stops... Lemme know how that works out for ya... I'd ALMOST BET you won't run a 9 anything the 1st time on the track... I don't bet. Just go do it. You're still wet behind the ears where engine building is concerned... I'll sit here and wait for you to go get that 9sec pass that's ALREADY, just inside this conversation, turned into LOW 10's... Please... Confidence, anyone?

Don't waste your time being so hateful... You'll only make me laugh at you. I don't EVEN care if you're in a bad mood, but showing me by making a fool of yourself won't help your cause.
So you are trying to say my build is exactly like 10,000 other ppl's build? So you also trying to say there are thousands of DD 9 second cars with full int, A/C and PS? Also, Why the hell you saying I'm "having my parts installed"? I'm sure I speficly said I have done all the work to this car as far as this current build goes. Do you think me that stoopid to think my car will run a 9 on it's first pass? I know it probly wont' run a 9 on it's first past due to me babying it on the first few run's to get a feel for the setup on the track ( of course I would'nt know to do things like that since I'm " still wet behind the ears" ). I bet you think I'm dumb enough to take it strait to the track without a professional dyno tune ( DOC @ EFI Alchemy , only the best tuner touches my ****). Calling me a ******* "rookie" and **** huh? Can you back that up at the track in about 30 more days with a daily driver with full interior? Of course tho your "more educated than that" ( this is where you will say " NO, but my buddy has a DD 9 sec car that will race u). So you want to hate on what I'm building practicly saying it's stoopid and that I can't do it!. Like you even know me fool. Allow me to introduce myself > Hi my name is Charles, I'm married with 2 kids and I'm in the Army. I have been to war and seen **** that would make you **** your pant's. I have been racing for about 10 year's with various car's as well as having grown up in a racing family. I have owned an 84 TA, 2 different 86 Z28's, an 87TA, an 89 mustang GT (slow POS) , a 96 3.8L camaro with a 100 shot and boltons, a 93 LT1 camaro Z28, a 96 Firebird WS6 with a cam, boltons, and 100 shot, a 98 Grand Prix GTP ( modded/ pulley swap ect..). I ran most of these cars at the drag strip and have well over 300 passes. I'm sure 300 passes is bitch passes to you tho huh? YOU MUST HAVE THOUSANDS! OF PASSES cause you're an awesome old man who knows everything! DO you really think you Ford nutt swingers can bring your *** on this site and hide out? Sure you will say " oh I like all cars" BULLSHIT. I have watched your post ,and have chose not to comment on 90% of the ones I know are nothing but nutt swinging. I see how you hate on ppl's GM builds and now your hating on mine. If I had a Cobra, you would tell me to throw a turbo on it and a 9in rear and it would run 9's no doubt. I may be a GM finatic, but ALTEAST I'm doing it on a GM site!! BTW **** nugget!, I'm sure the 9 second DD YOU built is NOTHING like the one I'm building. Anything else you THINK you know?

BTW, to go along with the fact I know you nuttswing on Ford. How do you have over 1,200 post on LS1 tech, have no trader rating? I'm sure it has somehting to do with the fact you have no LS powered cars?? Also, why you trying to hype up a ***** 4.6 on a LS1 site. Most of the ppl here know how weak 4.6's really are. Sure there are the Termi one's that are forged and require 2x the boost to make the power an LS1 makes with half the boost. Sure there are also a bunch of fully built race car's powered by 4.6's, but in the LONG RUN, they have LESS potential than an LS engine. This is where you will say " LS1's are allumin and can't handle much over 1k HP" this is true but there are alot of truck blocks out there that are practicly IRON LS1's. let's mod them to their fullest and see where the 4.6 sands then... At the end of the day this **** all comes down to physics, GM just figured it out a long time before Ford did. That's why there are so many foxbody's with LS1's in them.

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 03-02-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heater
It was his first time at the track with it tuned, you tard. Did you not read the thread where he was discussing getting used to his car?

BTW, apparently you still haven't figured out the correlation between boost and cubic inches yet...of course it is going to require more boost for 281 cubic inches to run with a 346.
Once again **** YOU FORD NUTT SWINGER! There's another thing you just said PROVING how biased you are. Explain to me when you where calling my car "slow" , then I came back and said " well, it would've ran faster but my car was having a few issues". YOU called THOSE words of mine EXCUSES! Funny once again when a Cobra run's those times you say " It was his first time at the track with it tuned, you tard ". Thats being an ******* at it's finest right there!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
I say should because my engine is on a stand and wont be in the truck for another week or two. Then I wait till April 13 to get it to the track. Get some passes and get the tune worked out. Guys with less aggressive 408s with trucks slightly lighter then mine should be are running low 11s.

Sorry I don't have slips yet to prove my self, but all things point to solid 11s then I open the bottle and should easily be 9s before long. Again all hersay untill I have a slip. Only reason I brought it up is you tried to play the hardass card that my **** can't run with the mustang.

On another point you made is the LS1 doesn't need to be forged and it makes tons of power. Guys are running 15 and 20 lbs on stock bottom end LS engines and running 9s in trucks. I am sure there are plenty of cars going faster, but as you can probably tell I am a truck guy. If you really want to be emberased about your beloved mustangs stop over to performancetrucks.net and check out the guys with stock bottom end 4.8s running 9s and 10s. At around 15-18 psi of boost.

To the OP it is a decent car and low 11s are something to take pride in. Only problem I have with the car is how much effort it takes to make low 11s.
Honestly, you don't know what the **** you're talking about...not trying to be rude...just stating facts. Damned near everything you've
said thus far has been inaccurate.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Honestly, you don't know what the **** you're talking about...not trying to be rude...just stating facts. Damned near everything you've
said thus far has been inaccurate.
Lol,tell him Dan.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
Lol,tell him Dan.
Sorry...I had too. Long time no see!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
When comparing similarly set up LS cars to Mod cars, you'll find they run very close to each other.
I agree, but that only makes the mod motor more impressive, since it's got so few cubes.

Perfect example is Sandi Wold's Mustang (quickest non tube-chassis mod motor car) vs. Ohio Boys' Trans Am (very quick original body TA).
The TA is a little quicker while weighing 500 lbs more. Sandi is allowed a weight advantage in her class due to her engine.
Hers is still second quickest mod motor in that category. The old Granatelli(sp) Mustang that ran 7.2's in 2001... Supposedly not a tube chassis. It did have a 5.4L engine, however.

The reason you don't see LS cars running anywhere close to John's 6.19 is because there isn't a single LS car in a class that's even somewhat close. Just about all of the LS drag cars are 3400+ lbs running the original body and sometimes even the original suspension style.
Well that's a cop out... There are exhibition classes which pay, so it's not like there's simply no reason to show up and show OFF! Hell, it's been a GM idea since the Mustang itself hit the streets. Actually, before then, but it got re-heated then.

As for the lack of quick LS1's specifically (vs. LSX or ERL LS2, etc), the reason is common sense really.
Might as well spend the extra bucks to get something you know to be nearly bullet proof instead of sticking with the ls1 if your goal is north of 1500hp...

That's how I see it anyway.
That's EXACTLY the point I'm trying to get across to the "kids" here... You and I know it's just common sense... The clowns don't know yet, and simply *** UME that the LS1 is every bit as capable as any other LS or LQ block.

There IS a Swede running a 6.7 with an LSX engine in his 2500lb tube frame car as of late 2011.
He's running 104 unleaded (pretty big deal), doesn't have a very radical build compare to other tube chassis cars (twin 88mm's or something), and is making lower power than cars over here though.
That's going to be a car to watch. If for no other reason, to see IF it gets stepped up, and when. Mihovetz has said, and I think I saw him say, he knows he's not able to compete with that engine on a higher level... On the one hand, that is very telling. On the other, where else COULD it go from here? Low 6's isn't exactly a 0-60mph time we're discussing... So if the Swede can step up, may as well.

I'm fully convinced, if Ford players are gonna stay in the game(under current rule limitations) in drag racing, they'll need a bigger engine. Of course, they SAY(over at Ford) the 6.2L won't fit into the Mustang... Of course, we've already seen it IN a Mustang, but whatever. Impressive car, btw... 8's on motor. The new 5L is a great engine, but is it going many places the 4.6L can't? I don't think so as it's still limited by cubes. The 5.4L is stepping to 5.8L and if that proves worthy, THERE is the player for Ford in the near term. If what we've already seen is any solid indication, it will do well. I'm already thinking we're seeing an engine that may run into rod ratio issues, but that's for time to tell. I'm not involved, and have no plans to be...

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
So you are trying to say my build is exactly like 10,000 other ppl's build? So you also trying to say there are thousands of DD 9 second cars with full int, A/C and PS? Also, Why the hell you saying I'm "having my parts installed"? I'm sure I speficly said I have done all the work to this car as far as this current build goes. Do you think me that stoopid to think my car will run a 9 on it's first pass? I know it probly wont' run a 9 on it's first past due to me babying it on the first few run's to get a feel for the setup on the track ( of course I would'nt know to do things like that since I'm " still wet behind the ears" ). I bet you think I'm dumb enough to take it strait to the track without a professional dyno tune ( DOC @ EFI Alchemy , only the best tuner touches my ****). Calling me a ******* "rookie" and **** huh? Can you back that up at the track in about 30 more days with a daily driver with full interior? Of course tho your "more educated than that" ( this is where you will say " NO, but my buddy has a DD 9 sec car that will race u). So you want to hate on what I'm building practicly saying it's stoopid and that I can't do it!. Like you even know me fool. Allow me to introduce myself > Hi my name is Charles, I'm married with 2 kids and I'm in the Army. I have been to war and seen **** that would make you **** your pant's. I have been racing for about 10 year's with various car's as well as having grown up in a racing family. I have owned an 84 TA, 2 different 86 Z28's, an 87TA, an 89 mustang GT (slow POS) , a 96 3.8L camaro with a 100 shot and boltons, a 93 LT1 camaro Z28, a 96 Firebird WS6 with a cam, boltons, and 100 shot, a 98 Grand Prix GTP ( modded/ pulley swap ect..). I ran most of these cars at the drag strip and have well over 300 passes. I'm sure 300 passes is bitch passes to you tho huh? YOU MUST HAVE THOUSANDS! OF PASSES cause you're an awesome old man who knows everything! DO you really think you Ford nutt swingers can bring your *** on this site and hide out? Sure you will say " oh I like all cars" BULLSHIT. I have watched your post ,and have chose not to comment on 90% of the ones I know are nothing but nutt swinging. I see how you hate on ppl's GM builds and now your hating on mine. If I had a Cobra, you would tell me to throw a turbo on it and a 9in rear and it would run 9's no doubt. I may be a GM finatic, but ALTEAST I'm doing it on a GM site!! BTW **** nugget!, I'm sure the 9 second DD YOU built is NOTHING like the one I'm building. Anything else you THINK you know?

BTW, to go along with the fact I know you nuttswing on Ford. How do you have over 1,200 post on LS1 tech, have no trader rating? I'm sure it has somehting to do with the fact you have no LS powered cars?? Also, why you trying to hype up a ***** 4.6 on a LS1 site. Most of the ppl here know how weak 4.6's really are. Sure there are the Termi one's that are forged and require 2x the boost to make the power an LS1 makes with half the boost. Sure there are also a bunch of fully built race car's powered by 4.6's, but in the LONG RUN, they have LESS potential than an LS engine. This is where you will say " LS1's are allumin and can't handle much over 1k HP" this is true but there are alot of truck blocks out there that are practicly IRON LS1's. let's mod them to their fullest and see where the 4.6 sands then... At the end of the day this **** all comes down to physics, GM just figured it out a long time before Ford did. That's why there are so many foxbody's with LS1's in them.
What I think is that you've proven just how dramatically childish you're still capable of being and with that, you'd rather waste and hour to peck your way through nonsensical diatribe as if you're making points with me, or maybe someone else...

You're not yet worthy of becoming my room bitch, but you are pushing it... You can continue acting like a little bitch, and I'll start treating you as such. OR you can begin acting like a real man, for a change, and I'll remain nice to you. I'm growing tired of all your crying, however. Build it, race it, brag about it. Don't WASTE OUR TIME making challenges you're not close to being ready to back up.

Unbeknownst to you, I still have a little car in mothballs... You get yours worked out, allowing someone who DOES have a clue to tune it, since YOUR *** isn't capable, and JUST MAYBE we can work something out... Just because I don't waste my time bragging to all the kids in sight doesn't mean I can't make ready. We'll get along fine, but first... read the rest of this so you don't have a brain fart in the future.

Perhaps what's pissing me off about you is... you remind me of ME... back when I still knew everything and was a bad ***(in my mind). I'll think on that.

Till then: I've ONLY been nice to you, since I learned you're in the Army... NEVER AGAIN shall you use that BULLSHIT LINE ON ME, about the things you've seen, little big man... I, too, have been in the military and am a disabled veteran. I've seen it all, sport. So don't roll down that road with me as if you're THE one of a kind in here... Just because I was there when you were wearing diapers doesn't mean I've not felt the impact of war. Not even that I never went here or there, or that I don't share stories means I've not felt it. I've been places and seen things you still haven't... You've seen things I didn't have to... That's called LIFE. Deal with it and SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! You wanna cryin' shoulder... Call the Chaplain! Otherwise, QUIT YER SNIVLIN'!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

I agree, but that only makes the mod motor more impressive, since it's got so few cubes.

Hers is still second quickest mod motor in that category. The old Granatelli(sp) Mustang that ran 7.2's in 2001... Supposedly not a tube chassis. It did have a 5.4L engine, however.

Well that's a cop out... There are exhibition classes which pay, so it's not like there's simply no reason to show up and show OFF! Hell, it's been a GM idea since the Mustang itself hit the streets. Actually, before then, but it got re-heated then.

That's EXACTLY the point I'm trying to get across to the "kids" here... You and I know it's just common sense... The clowns don't know yet, and simply *** UME that the LS1 is every bit as capable as any other LS or LQ block.

That's going to be a car to watch. If for no other reason, to see IF it gets stepped up, and when. Mihovetz has said, and I think I saw him say, he knows he's not able to compete with that engine on a higher level... On the one hand, that is very telling. On the other, where else COULD it go from here? Low 6's isn't exactly a 0-60mph time we're discussing... So if the Swede can step up, may as well.

I'm fully convinced, if Ford players are gonna stay in the game(under current rule limitations) in drag racing, they'll need a bigger engine. Of course, they SAY(over at Ford) the 6.2L won't fit into the Mustang... Of course, we've already seen it IN a Mustang, but whatever. Impressive car, btw... 8's on motor. The new 5L is a great engine, but is it going many places the 4.6L can't? I don't think so as it's still limited by cubes. The 5.4L is stepping to 5.8L and if that proves worthy, THERE is the player for Ford in the near term. If what we've already seen is any solid indication, it will do well. I'm already thinking we're seeing an engine that may run into rod ratio issues, but that's for time to tell. I'm not involved, and have no plans to be...

What I think is that you've proven just how dramatically childish you're still capable of being and with that, you'd rather waste and hour to peck your way through nonsensical diatribe as if you're making points with me, or maybe someone else...

You're not yet worthy of becoming my room bitch, but you are pushing it... You can continue acting like a little bitch, and I'll start treating you as such. OR you can begin acting like a real man, for a change, and I'll remain nice to you. I'm growing tired of all your crying, however. Build it, race it, brag about it. Don't WASTE OUR TIME making challenges you're not close to being ready to back up.

Unbeknownst to you, I still have a little car in mothballs... You get yours worked out, allowing someone who DOES have a clue to tune it, since YOUR *** isn't capable, and JUST MAYBE we can work something out... Just because I don't waste my time bragging to all the kids in sight doesn't mean I can't make ready. We'll get along fine, but first... read the rest of this so you don't have a brain fart in the future.

Perhaps what's pissing me off about you is... you remind me of ME... back when I still knew everything and was a bad ***(in my mind). I'll think on that.

Till then: I've ONLY been nice to you, since I learned you're in the Army... NEVER AGAIN shall you use that BULLSHIT LINE ON ME, about the things you've seen, little big man... I, too, have been in the military and am a disabled veteran. I've seen it all, sport. So don't roll down that road with me as if you're THE one of a kind in here... Just because I was there when you were wearing diapers doesn't mean I've not felt the impact of war. Not even that I never went here or there, or that I don't share stories means I've not felt it. I've been places and seen things you still haven't... You've seen things I didn't have to... That's called LIFE. Deal with it and SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! You wanna cryin' shoulder... Call the Chaplain! Otherwise, QUIT YER SNIVLIN'!
Desert Storm does'nt really count, hell only lasted like a Month if that. So sorry to offend If I reminded you of yourself....funny **** if you ask me. Don't really know how to take that one honestly. Altho I asked you tons of legitimate questions that you refused to answer. I only mentioned the war **** because you continously assume and call me a child, wet behind the ears and all that stuff. You ever heard the saying " kids these day's are way smarter than their parent's where at that age" ? I'm sure you know alot, and you probly know more about racing than me, but that does'nt make me non capable of building myself a DD, full int, A/Ced 9 sec car. It's MORE than possible and yes has been done before. Very doubtful that it was done with the same exact motor specs, same exact tranny specs, turbo specs, turbo kit, gears ect ect. Altho alot of these things could match up to someones elses build that someone else has already done, it does'nt really count tho if you have 1, 2, ect more things done to it, or not done to it that the others did'nt. Also, hell NO I can't tune my car, hell man not many ppl can tune a possible 9 second DD. That's alot of knowledge that I'm sure NEITHER of us have. Take your time to go back and answer some of my legitimate questions. You asked me NONE, you only talked and made statemet's, if you know so much then you should be able to easily answer those . I'm not bullshitting myself or anyone else about me building this 9 sec daily driver, it's not a "if" thing , it's a when, the when will be very very soon. I'n less than a month I have sold my Procharger kit, bought an LME 347, bought a full turbo kit with everything needed except the turbo, and I'm currently working out the fuel system and awaiting my trubo. Once turbo comes in ( hopefully monday) the motor and hotside ( wich I already assembled) will be going back in. No, I don't know how to build an auto tranny to handle major HP, but I was smart enough to take my tranny to a reputable performance tranny builder ,and then installed it myself. No, I probly can't build a Moser 12 bolt like the guy's at Moser can, but I was smart enough to buy theirs and install it myself. Also ,no I can't build an engine ike the guy's at LME can, but atleast I was smart enough to buy one their enigines and pull my old engine out myself, as well as installing it, and a full turbo kit (wich I have never done before) all by my lonesome using only a couple big *** jacks to remove the engine out the bottom of car. Funny thing is man, was it was soooo easy. I got a nack for this stuff and I'm going to UTI as soon as I'm out the Army. I'm sure you think that's a bad idea but I love to learn about cars and work on them like crazy. Trying to turn my passion, and hobby into a job, I'm sure you can respect that lol
Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned

also, what's a room bitch?...If I like it, can I use it on someone? lol
Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Desert Storm does'nt really count, hell only lasted like a Month if that. So sorry to offend If I reminded you of yourself....funny **** if you ask me. Don't really know how to take that one honestly. Altho I asked you tons of legitimate questions that you refused to answer. I only mentioned the war **** because you continously assume and call me a child, wet behind the ears and all that stuff. You ever heard the saying " kids these day's are way smarter than their parent's where at that age" ? I'm sure you know alot, and you probly know more about racing than me, but that does'nt make me non capable of building myself a DD, full int, A/Ced 9 sec car. It's MORE than possible and yes has been done before. Very doubtful that it was done with the same exact motor specs, same exact tranny specs, turbo specs, turbo kit, gears ect ect. Altho alot of these things could match up to someones elses build that someone else has already done, it does'nt really count tho if you have 1, 2, ect more things done to it, or not done to it that the others did'nt. Also, hell NO I can't tune my car, hell man not many ppl can tune a possible 9 second DD. That's alot of knowledge that I'm sure NEITHER of us have. Take your time to go back and answer some of my legitimate questions. You asked me NONE, you only talked and made statemet's, if you know so much then you should be able to easily answer those . I'm not bullshitting myself or anyone else about me building this 9 sec daily driver, it's not a "if" thing , it's a when, the when will be very very soon. I'n less than a month I have sold my Procharger kit, bought an LME 347, bought a full turbo kit with everything needed except the turbo, and I'm currently working out the fuel system and awaiting my trubo. Once turbo comes in ( hopefully monday) the motor and hotside ( wich I already assembled) will be going back in. No, I don't know how to build an auto tranny to handle major HP, but I was smart enough to take my tranny to a reputable performance tranny builder ,and then installed it myself. No, I probly can't build a Moser 12 bolt like the guy's at Moser can, but I was smart enough to buy theirs and install it myself. Also ,no I can't build an engine ike the guy's at LME can, but atleast I was smart enough to buy one their enigines and pull my old engine out myself, as well as installing it, and a full turbo kit (wich I have never done before) all by my lonesome using only a couple big *** jacks to remove the engine out the bottom of car. Funny thing is man, was it was soooo easy. I got a nack for this stuff and I'm going to UTI as soon as I'm out the Army. I'm sure you think that's a bad idea but I love to learn about cars and work on them like crazy. Trying to turn my passion, and hobby into a job, I'm sure you can respect that lol
Nice... Now the rookie tells me that the crap BEFORE his time "doesn't count." This isn't YOUR game, sport... You don't get to decide what does or doesn't count.

Funny that you're smart enough to spend twice the cash and just slap it together, but you you're not smart enough to form a coherent sentence, let alone paragraph... I actually DID tune my own 9 second car... So yes, 1 of us can... Back when you were kickin' tires, I had full access to a chassis dyno. Before that, I worked in a trans/rear rebuild shop. That's the thing I'm trying to get across to you... I used to know it all too, till I started learning.

I know you're still at the age where you think you have to zone and tone... get onto whatever subject, zoning out what you don't like, then changing the tone toward the things you're convinced of instead. I've been there and done that. You'll grow out of it too, I promise.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Once again **** YOU FORD NUTT SWINGER! There's another thing you just said PROVING how biased you are. Explain to me when you where calling my car "slow" , then I came back and said " well, it would've ran faster but my car was having a few issues". YOU called THOSE words of mine EXCUSES! Funny once again when a Cobra run's those times you say " It was his first time at the track with it tuned, you tard ". Thats being an ******* at it's finest right there!

It's funny when you get people like you on the internet; the kind that has a mod list a mile long and it runs low 11's and you expect people to respect you.

What you've done is spent a bung load of money on bolt ons that you put on your car in your driveway and automatically think people should think that you've done something special...you haven't and **** my Ford nutswinging *** for not bowing down and giving you props.

You come into a thread that had nothing to do with **** talking and you feel the need to hi-jack it because you are butt hurt over people dissing your bolt on skills and the money you've spent.

Yeah, I'm the *******.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:21 PM
Banned

Nice... Now the rookie tells me that the crap BEFORE his time "doesn't count." This isn't YOUR game, sport... You don't get to decide what does or doesn't count.

Funny that you're smart enough to spend twice the cash and just slap it together, but you you're not smart enough to form a coherent sentence, let alone paragraph... I actually DID tune my own 9 second car... So yes, 1 of us can... Back when you were kickin' tires, I had full access to a chassis dyno. Before that, I worked in a trans/rear rebuild shop. That's the thing I'm trying to get across to you... I used to know it all too, till I started learning.

I know you're still at the age where you think you have to zone and tone... get onto whatever subject, zoning out what you don't like, then changing the tone toward the things you're convinced of instead. I've been there and done that. You'll grow out of it too, I promise.
Your typing is FAR from perfect my good man, so no need to jump on me about mine. What is this " zone and tone" you speak of?. Is'nt that what you're doing with ALL my questions I asked you earlier. No I'm not willing to spend twice the cash to slap it together. I know how to build ( or peice together lol ) bad *** cars with a budget. The tranny was built by a tranny performance shop for only 1,200. The LME motor is a slightly used one gotten off Tech, is a fully built 7k$ motor that I got for half that! The Moser 12 bolt, got it used from another member for 1,400 , and that was including a steel driveshaft, so I don't just go out blindlessly blowing money. I'm not assuming that I know more than you cause I'm sure I don't, That DOES"NT give you the right to tell ppl they can't do something, or won't do something. I'm not sure how else to put this plainly and for you to take this in the nicest way possible. I have ALWAY's proven ppl wrong about car's/racing. I could give a few examples of this but it would be too time consuming.

I'm just one those " I can and will do it, and if nobody help's me then I will do it myself!" type of guy's. Understand I grew up in a racing family and been around this stuff all my life. I know enough to know that I DON'T know it all yet...but that also, I know alot more than alot of other's do and more than most ppl give me credit for. I have a pretty good bit of track time so no need to worry about my safety, may as well be worried about alot of others here on this site who start those " my first time to the track , what do I do " threads. Those the guy's you need to go learn up..not this guy. I Learn on my own by doing it, if I break it, then I figure out how to fix it and not break it again. I'm young, you're old, and you love Fords ( yes you do! cause you love to talk them up on a GM site) and I love GM's. You call a few weeks of non U.S. lives loss fighting a war, I call 12+ month's ..just not fun at all. Obviously we are two different ppl with different argument's, and different taste.

P.S, can you please tell me what a "Room Bitch" is..you blew off alot of my questions earlier, but this one will make me loose sleep!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Banned

It's funny when you get people like you on the internet; the kind that has a mod list a mile long and it runs low 11's and you expect people to respect you.

What you've done is spent a bung load of money on bolt ons that you put on your car in your driveway and automatically think people should think that you've done something special...you haven't and **** my Ford nutswinging *** for not bowing down and giving you props.

You come into a thread that had nothing to do with **** talking and you feel the need to hi-jack it because you are butt hurt over people dissing your bolt on skills and the money you've spent.

Yeah, I'm the *******.
yeah, once again you're the ******* here!. I seem to remember a thread I STARTED that YOU ******* came into, and out of the ******* blue said.."blah blah your car is slow". So why the **** you getting mad at me for something you did just a couple months ago to me..before I even knew who the hell you was!! Seems you can dish out the **** talking, but you can't take it.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned

Yeah, I'm the *******.
Another thing I'd like to point out to you. You said your Buddy's yellow Cobra here (nice car so no offence to the owner) has a Whipple 2.3, Accufab TB, Steeda CAI, KB BAP, 60 lb. Inj, SCT XCal, Bassani Headers catted X with Catback.

hmmmm OKAY! let's see here. My old setup that ran 11'1's same as him had a procharger @ 6 PSi ,,NOT a KB @ 16 or more PSi (that's nearly 3x the boost). We both had 60lb injectors, TB, headers full exhaust ect. Given the fact he was pushing 10lbs or more boost than me, then I think my auto tranny and 3.90 gears are a good trade out for that..don't you? NO of course becuase I drive a SS and not a Cobra. My "mile long mod list " you speak of is only that long because I was being very deatailed of my mods. How many ppl you see on here get into that kinda detail?. You sure as hell did'nt with your mods..ahem.. I could have gotten on here and done like alot of other ppl do, and just been like, " oh it's only got 6 psi and stall. Then you would be impressed? Maybe you need to start looking more around at other ppl sig's and realize the ppl with only 3 mods in their sigs who have a 9 second club next to their names are obviously bullshitting you/us about what mods they have. Do you think your buddy here with the yellow Cobra listed EVERY ONE of his mods in his sig? Oh common now, let's not get picky here. Maybe I need to go back in my sig and get rid of the deatiled stuff like eveyone else does...obviously going into detail with someone like you must mean the car is a ROCKET..lol.

P.S man, the guy in the yellow Cobra was also on aftermarket big and little's. Ran my 11.1 on my stock rims...just saying that beucase you did'nt mention that as being a big mod he had in his sig. SEE what I mean about most ppl leaving out some thier mods..hell I should go take half my mods out my sig.

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 03-02-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Cause Heater is an asshole lol
Old 03-03-2012, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

A. Your thread was in Street Racing and Kill Stories.

B. I wasn't the only one in that thread that mentioned your car was not as great as you made it out to be.

C. IIRC in that thread you was trying to say that your car was running half the boost as a Cobra, so your car was more impressive...same tired argument different thread.

D. I have not stated in this thread how great his car is, nor have I compared it a LS F-Body.

If your goal was to let everybody know how butt hurt you are; I would say that you have accomplished your goal.

Quick Reply: Video Of Packy's Cobra At The Track