Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

andys cam only camaro making some passes

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Nice numbers andy, you gotta be happy with that with such a simple setup!
Thanks! I'm very happy!

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Damn I'm good

Car looks like a strong runner. Wanna run for fun next time you go?
Yes you are, you even doubting the 10 bolt you built for a second there lol, and sure, although it'll be a while before I go back

Originally Posted by Nick V.
god daaaayyyyum. well that settles it. i want the MS3 cam. prollly should get a 3600 stall too.
Great cam! totally worth it, now I got room to improve with intake and maybe some 5.3 heads
Originally Posted by Paul87
wow... awesome, but no fair
Thanks Paul, when are you getting back? you'll be faster than me in no time with desert cash
Old 04-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good work andy, car is running good for sure, that car isnt even at half its potential,what gear are you thinking about going with when ya upgrade the rear?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

With a built drivetrain/slicks and a launch off the limiter this car has several more tenths left in it. That's real strong for a cam only car with our DA here. Making me wish I went with an MS3
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Good work andy, car is running good for sure, that car isnt even at half its potential,what gear are you thinking about going with when ya upgrade the rear?
Thanks Bob! 4.11s or 4.30s, depends if I spray or not, and that depends if I get a cheap car to DD, since this is my DD.
With a built drivetrain/slicks and a launch off the limiter this car has several more tenths left in it. That's real strong for a cam only car with our DA here. Making me wish I went with an MS3
DA was 1250 I believe, now is where stuff is getting expensive, not sure where to go, QA1s/more suspension...or get a used 90/90 fast, or just finally save it all up for that 9".
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AndyIsLost
Thanks Paul, when are you getting back? you'll be faster than me in no time with desert cash
I'll be back in town with the car probably mid-late May. Deff looking forward to being back. I miss cruising around, and I'm throwing a 3600 stall in while I'm on R&R, so I'm anxious to see what that will do on the track.

Not sure how much money I'll have aside to blow off on the car when all is said and done, but I'm still trying to figure out a great head and cam combination that isn't just good for max effort down the strip, but also good for power down low for DD and possible road coarse use in the future. I was sorta eyeing the Torquer V3, but still don't really know.

That, and since this is still my daily, and I have never touched a motor before, I don't think I'd be able to finish such work on a weekend and be able to get to work the next day, so it will prob be a long time before the motor gets touched.

Gotta say though, your car is pretty badass right now
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyIsLost

DA was 1250 I believe, now is where stuff is getting expensive, not sure where to go, QA1s/more suspension...or get a used 90/90 fast, or just finally save it all up for that 9".
I've never owned/raced a 6 speed but I'm pretty confident to say most would suggest A. 9 inch B. Driveshaft C. Torque arm D. Slicks. I realize that's a ton of money, however, it's what is need to beat the **** out of your car and not tow it home or still be able to get to work Monday. We've got some smart 6 speed guys locally that can help you put together a good parts list. If you need someone to help you setup gears in a 9 inch let me know....nearly free of charge of course, I've been known to charge a beer fee

Last time me and Josh R ran I think the DA was around 1800. It was later in the season though....
Old 04-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Launching!

What track is that?
Old 04-05-2012, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Good runs and that car sounds sick. What exhaust is it?

Nice video too
Old 04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good out there
Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
What track is that?
Thunder Road Raceway Park (used to be called red river raceway)
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Good runs and that car sounds sick. What exhaust is it?

Nice video too
Thanks, it's Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT's, TSP ORY, 3" Magnaflow bullet dumped before axle.

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Looking good out there
Thanks Texan!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Captain Double Post

I would get a rear first thats what will make the biggest improvement imo, also my ms4 car pulls a ton better with the tsp duals over the ory setup i had, fast setup with a chris 1313 will help as well, i run a ms4 in mine, once i can get back to working on the car im trying for 10s with a 150 shot, your car pulls great though, very very strong, cant wait to see more vids
Old 04-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Launching!

nice runs! what size tires you got?
Old 04-06-2012, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

I've never owned/raced a 6 speed but I'm pretty confident to say most would suggest A. 9 inch B. Driveshaft C. Torque arm D. Slicks. I realize that's a ton of money, however, it's what is need to beat the **** out of your car and not tow it home or still be able to get to work Monday. We've got some smart 6 speed guys locally that can help you put together a good parts list. If you need someone to help you setup gears in a 9 inch let me know....nearly free of charge of course, I've been known to charge a beer fee

Last time me and Josh R ran I think the DA was around 1800. It was later in the season though....
if I need gears setup, I know who to go to!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I would get a rear first thats what will make the biggest improvement imo, also my ms4 car pulls a ton better with the tsp duals over the ory setup i had, fast setup with a chris 1313 will help as well, i run a ms4 in mine, once i can get back to working on the car im trying for 10s with a 150 shot, your car pulls great though, very very strong, cant wait to see more vids
Interesting, i've been wanting to avoid re-doing exhaust, but I know I'm somewhat choking the cam with my intake and exhaust setup. What bullets do you run and got a video for sound? Good luck hitting 10s!

Originally Posted by Maroboy
nice runs! what size tires you got?
Those were 26" tires, I run 27" talls on the street, all seasons ftw.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Captain Double Post

I have the sweetthunders on mine,ill see if i can post something later on, honest the duals were night and day over my maganflow catback tsp ory, sotp feel, car just pulled so much better,the only downside is the car is loud as hell,i dont mind it but i do plan on running the back to a cme,fyi we were talking about your car last night, a few guys couldnt believe times with the mods when i sent them the vid,honest i think they were more shocked about the fact you were on a 10 bolt lol,but much props man, that mph is great
Old 04-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Captain Double Post

Paul87, if you get someone to help ya that knows what there doing that can be done in a weekend for sure, after i found out how easy it is to install a cam i wish i would have never paid someone to do it, you could always rent a car for a few days or car pool lol
Old 04-06-2012, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Nice runs and great trap speed!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

those are some nice runs.