Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Livernois Motorsports 2012 Camaro ZL1 Auto Dyno / Track Baseline 100% Stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
What if you owned an automotive performance shop and you were looking to develop products for a niche market? ...and what if you already owned a 9 or 10 second 5.0 (which Livernois does)? There are reasons that people choose certain cars...and it's not just because Car A is cheaper than Car B and can go faster for less.
But we don't, and we fall into that category that most people in America do....the one where we can't afford a car that's gonna cost $60k at a dealership, then another $15-20k in mods that Livernois will develop and test for it. We are just stating what we'd rather do, we understand a shop needs to have one as a market will exist for this car. Personally I'm just stating that I believe GM has gotten their eye off the prize. Ford had plenty of time to advance the mustang GT and haven't for the last 10 years. Arguably for the last 10 years before that GM has dominated in terms of performance over the GT. Finally Ford has come through for their fans and made a better performing car. I love the LSX platform, but if I was buying new...I'd buy a 5.0.

As for "dusting that thing", keep your eyes on the Livernois ZL1. In a short period of time, it will be doing all of the dusting!
All for $30k+ on top of car purchase!!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Rick personally. He knows how to drive. The car won't hook on street tires. It's not that hard of a concept to comprehend.
Then why was Motortrend able to get a 12.0 out of the car on street tires?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Different tracks and prep, different conditions. Like someone mentioned, with just slicks and skinnies, they gained about a full second off their stock time.

Last edited by 88blackiroc; 05-06-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Questions are a good thing. its the only way you're going to learn.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tough crowd. He had 3 passes in a brand new car that he has never driven before.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

A 12.4 1/4 mile? For 580HP, that's ******* weak. I would say he doesn't know how to drive it, but it's an automatic...so he REALLY has no idea what he's doing.

Last edited by jmurray87; 05-07-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^. That is the funniest ******* post I have ever read
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 12.4 1/4 mile? For 580HP, that's ******* weak. I would say he doesn't know how to drive it, but it's an automatic...so he REALLY has no idea what he's doing.
I got 3 passes in 8 hours in a car with less than 200 miles. It takes a few passes to figure it out especially since it has so many different suspension settings, etc.

Not saying I'm the best driver in the world, but have been low 10's on 20" Nittos in an auto trans Camaro and high 9's on 20" Nittos in a manual trans Shelby.

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
But we don't, and we fall into that category that most people in America do....the one where we can't afford a car that's gonna cost $60k at a dealership, then another $15-20k in mods that Livernois will develop and test for it. We are just stating what we'd rather do, we understand a shop needs to have one as a market will exist for this car. Personally I'm just stating that I believe GM has gotten their eye off the prize. Ford had plenty of time to advance the mustang GT and haven't for the last 10 years. Arguably for the last 10 years before that GM has dominated in terms of performance over the GT. Finally Ford has come through for their fans and made a better performing car. I love the LSX platform, but if I was buying new...I'd buy a 5.0.

All for $30k+ on top of car purchase!!
Ford has done a great job with the 5.0 and it responds well to small mods.

We have a N/A 5.0 that I have a lot of seat time in and it runs high 10's N/A.

We work on all late model Ford, GM, and Chrysler vehicles and get cars from all over the world. I'd say 50% of our business on the install side of the shop is out of state/country.

Luckily, we have a good name and we get a lot more people with new Camaro's, Corvette's, and Cadillac's that have no problem dropping huge coin on a build.

There are 2 5.0's, 2 Shelby's, 3 Challengers, a Magnum, a Charger, 5 Z06's, 6 Camaros, and 4 Cadillacs and several other cars in here now.

-Rick
Old 05-15-2012, 05:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Now that I'm back from my little vacation care to explain what made you guys go heads and cam instead of a bigger blower? I would think it would be more durable your way instead of stuffing a bunch of boost into a cast bottom end but I figured I would ask you guys since your the new zl1 sheriff in town :-)
Old 05-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports
I got 3 passes in 8 hours in a car with less than 200 miles. It takes a few passes to figure it out especially since it has so many different suspension settings, etc.

Not saying I'm the best driver in the world, but have been low 10's on 20" Nittos in an auto trans Camaro and high 9's on 20" Nittos in a manual trans Shelby.

Ford has done a great job with the 5.0 and it responds well to small mods.

We have a N/A 5.0 that I have a lot of seat time in and it runs high 10's N/A.

We work on all late model Ford, GM, and Chrysler vehicles and get cars from all over the world. I'd say 50% of our business on the install side of the shop is out of state/country.

Luckily, we have a good name and we get a lot more people with new Camaro's, Corvette's, and Cadillac's that have no problem dropping huge coin on a build.

There are 2 5.0's, 2 Shelby's, 3 Challengers, a Magnum, a Charger, 5 Z06's, 6 Camaros, and 4 Cadillacs and several other cars in here now.

-Rick
Rick, your shop is top notch. I've been keeping my eye on Livernois since you all brought that 05 Mustang to the Motor Trend Mile shootout. And the Red C6Z you guys did that went 9's on motor and stock rims was my FAV! Numbers on paper are one thing, but real life is another...
Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by firebird99
Now that I'm back from my little vacation care to explain what made you guys go heads and cam instead of a bigger blower? I would think it would be more durable your way instead of stuffing a bunch of boost into a cast bottom end but I figured I would ask you guys since your the new zl1 sheriff in town :-)
There is no bigger blower for these cars yet. We are working with PSI Superchargers to improve the factory supercharger though.

The package on the ZL1 is a common package we do for CTS-V's and they make high 600's to the wheels and we've never had any issues after tens of thousands of miles.

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
Rick, your shop is top notch. I've been keeping my eye on Livernois since you all brought that 05 Mustang to the Motor Trend Mile shootout. And the Red C6Z you guys did that went 9's on motor and stock rims was my FAV! Numbers on paper are one thing, but real life is another...
Thanks for the kinds words!

-Rick
Old 05-16-2012, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well that explains why nobody's dropping on bigger blowers:-( Now what is making this ls motor difficult to throw a bigger blower that's already in production isn't the long block the same basic architecture as others making the intercooler and blower the odd peice that could just be unbolted and a new one put on or is there more to it like front accessories and hood clearance?

Quick Reply: Livernois Motorsports 2012 Camaro ZL1 Auto Dyno / Track Baseline 100% Stock