Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

S-10 roll over (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
you should post this over in the "racing and kill story" section.....so those guys will see it's not nearly as safe as they like to think it is when the road looks clear.

that said, glad you and your kid are ok. i landed on the roof once a long time ago......in part due to a tard in a fox body mustang racing another tard in a bmw.
Ya. Let me be the first to say. I am no saint when it come to driving.(my toys not ever day rides). But i am 30 and have never wrecked or have been hit,this was the first.
I had a 84 camaro with a dart headed 408 with a serious wheel spin problem like 70 mph side ways.

When i drive fast or what ever you wanna call it. I have always done it on back roads when no one else or houses around, just incase i lost it. But wasnt like i was trying to do 160 mph either. Gotta know your limits and the limits of your car.
But as i get older i find myself being more tame. I have to drive the t/a all week because of not having the s10, and can honestlly say i havnt railed on it once. Not because im scared of wrecking or any thing as i am 110% confident in my driving skills and will not atempt any thing i cant do
Old 05-12-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by red 95 t/a
Yea i was wicked pissed. I had to get my son out of his seat belt he was twisted up in it. So i couldnt get him out,then i looked down and my channel locks were on laying on the roof(the floor) and had to take the top seat belt bolt out.
so by time i got him out there was cops every where. When we left i walked by him and was eyeballn him,he wouldnt even look at me, plus he was cryin.

The lady that owned the cobalt came up and appoligized. She said she just adopted him.
His car was was all jacked up, front end was all caved in. After he hit me, his car still slide like 600-700 ft. There was a lil concrete bridge he went up on the side walk and slide the length on the wall on the bridge
she JUST adopted the kid, and turned him loose in a car that soon? perhaps child protective services needs a look at her.

also....the seatbelt thing. carry a knife. i keep a kershaw in my pocket ALL the time. it let me get my girlfriend out of her seatbelt in about 4 seconds when we landed on the roof. if you don't want to carry a knife, go to a parts store....they make a multi-tool specifically designed to slice seatbelts, and break windows.

again, glad you guys are ok
Old 05-12-2012, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by red 95 t/a
Ya. Let me be the first to say. I am no saint when it come to driving.(my toys not ever day rides). But i am 30 and have never wrecked or have been hit,this was the first.
I had a 84 camaro with a dart headed 408 with a serious wheel spin problem like 70 mph side ways.

When i drive fast or what ever you wanna call it. I have always done it on back roads when no one else or houses around, just incase i lost it. But wasnt like i was trying to do 160 mph either. Gotta know your limits and the limits of your car.
But as i get older i find myself being more tame. I have to drive the t/a all week because of not having the s10, and can honestlly say i havnt railed on it once. Not because im scared of wrecking or any thing as i am 110% confident in my driving skills and will not atempt any thing i cant do
oohh....don't get me wrong when i keep coming down on the guys in the street racing section. i'm 50. back in the 80's i spent more than my share of time street racing. anywhere i could find a race, plus all the hot spots in philly. i have had exactly 1 "at fault" collision, and that one was 150% my fault, as i wasn't paying attention. i also messed up my truck, and my race car as i had it on the trailer.

as you mentioned, as we get older, we look back, and wonder how the hell we didn't kill ourselves. i know what i can make my cars do, and i know what they can/will do, and how far i can push them. i also(as mentioned in another thread), i saw a collision on jfk blvd and pattison that killed 2 people that weren't even racing. that's what woke me up to the true dangers of street racing....even when it's done in a "safe" environment.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
No wonder it rolled, there are only 3 wheels on it!
I just giggled profusely!

I'm happy you guys are ok. That kid deserves to be stripped of his lisence immediately.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

I believe the good Lord was looking after y'all on that day, to walk away from that kind of damage is awesome! So is it totaled or is it gonna be the next truck in the conversion thread with a turbo 5.3, a little sheet metal here and there, some bondo and paint and you're good to go. Oh and like everybody else said get another tire on that thing, lol.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man i'm glad you or your son didn't get hurt. I am 28 and looking back at the crap i did when i was younger and some of the cars i've owned i'm lucky i never wrecked. i had one fender bender when a kid clipped me but never just wrecked out. Now that i'm older i've settled down alot. Hell i never got a ticket with my Vette and had it from '06-'11 and i had a couple Camaro's before that that i managed to stay out of trouble with as well. IDK that i agree with raising the driving age but parents need to keep better tabs on their kids shenanigans for sure
Old 05-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Boyy Would I Like To Give That 16yr Old a Pep-Talk an Then a Quick Sucker Punch When Nobody Is Lookin' Lmao! jk but Thank God You OR Your Boy Werent Injured