Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

I bought a piece for my girl for the Zombie Apocalypse...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought a piece for my girl for the Zombie Apocalypse...

It's a Ruger SP-101 .357 Magnum/.38 Special. I'll start her out with .38 Special loads, of course...and hopefully work her up to full-house .357 Magnum loads...at least that's my plan. I'd like to at least have her shooting well with .38 Special +P loads, bare minimum...

She's only 100-lbs, so keep that in mind...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you must not like your girl that much

Get here a flat-top AR with a reflex and some 100rd STANAG drums...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Haha! I knew someone would say that! Trust me brother...I have plenty of high-powered weapons in handgun, shotgun, rifle and assault rifle variation! I have just what the Doctor ordered for the zombies! Seriously, I just want her to have a good, reliable and easy to use weapon that has some serious knock-down power to go along with it. You know what I'm saying? The .357 Magnum has more than enough power to stop anybody and has the record to prove it. I just hope that I can get her shooting good and comfortably with full-house .357 Magnum loads...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Now here is the car you need.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 06-02-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you can get your girl shooting full-house 357's out of a snubby... You better MARRY HER. That's something some men I know can't do.

I had my ex on a gen4 G27 with Crimson Trace's, seemed to work ok for her once I got her to stop limp-wristing. I let her shoot the Defender exactly one time and decided that a revolver was out. Hell, that little gun is what made me stop hating Glocks... I bought it for her to carry, we broke up, and now it's my summer gun for the beach/amusement parks/ect... The 10mm still pulls primary duty, though.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Haha! Ain't that the truth, brother? It's also funny that you talk about the G27 because my girl loves my G27 .40 and she shoots decently well with it too! However, I want her to be able to handle some powerhouse rounds like the .357 Magnum, as well. I have even bigger handguns in my arsenal, as well, but we'll see what we see with this Ruger .357 Magnum that I just bought her first...
Old 06-02-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've noticed that a lot of my female friends like my g27. Even though the recoil's a little "snappy", it doesn't have that wrist-jarring, finger-numbing jolt that the big boys do. I think that, combined with it's small size and simple controls, make it easier to shoot, in part because they're not as intimidated by it. Hell, my ex refused to shoot my Sig 226 but loved the G27. I tried explaining that she would be shooting a round with less recoil out of a gun with twice the mass, but NOOO... She was happy with the G27.

A word of advice, though... make damned sure you tell her to keep the trigger pinned down the first time she fires it. When my ex shot the Defender, she limp wristed a little, the trigger reset, and the recoil caused her to pop off another round in DA. Scary as hell.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Yeah, that would be scary! Anyways, she's in good hands. I'll try to do what I can to get her shooting well with this gun. She has shot some other handguns; a G19, which she was a nail-driver with, a G27, as described prior and a G30, which is a .45 ACP, as you well know, I'm sure. She seemingly did great with each of them, so I guess that's partly why I think she can handle the .357 Magnum loads? Haha! We will see...
Old 06-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Nice piece, that's the exact gun I'm looking at picking up next.

Quick Reply: I bought a piece for my girl for the Zombie Apocalypse...